“Food Leave a lot to be desired”
Review of Sauble Dunes

Sauble Dunes
Ranked #23 of 28 Restaurants in Sauble Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“Food Leave a lot to be desired”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great place to go for watching a game or for karaoke, and have a drink, but food is no good. The wings are soggy and nothing is good - I have gone back thinking it was a bad day, but nope, its no good.

Visited July 2013

Taunton, United Kingdom
“Decent food”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We chose here after driving over to sauble beach for a look from our vacation property near wiarton. There was nothing much appealing about the area for us at all but the food here was more than acceptable and a similar price to what we'd paid elsewhere. My husband had the 2 piece fish in beer batter which was excellent. It was busy the evening we were there and the service was good. All round a positive experience.

Toronto
“Average is the Key Word Here”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Where to start .. firstly the ladies washrooms were disgusting, always going to score low if you can't keep a place clean, menu very limited especially if you are vegetarian, no creativity , the pasta dish with vegetables was to be honest some of the worst food I have eaten, pasta a sticky liquid mess and tasteless, I had salad with chicken which was passable , just, service.. also kinda average,( I am tired, its hot I don't want to be here... type of service) ,the food is overpriced...
Bar area nice with a reasonable selection. Would not go back in a hurry. Sad.

1 Thank C C
Southampton, Canada
“It looks like it might be good....but it's average”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Ok, Sauble Beach is not really a fine dining destination. The main drag is dominated by burger joints and a Dairy Queen. That's why we were looking for something a bit better when we chose Sauble Dunes for lunch. It's located near the strip, and there's a parking lot, which is good because parking is a problem around here in the summer months. I wish I could say the service and food were good, but they were both sketchy. Who would think it would take 30 minutes for a club sandwich? The bread was supposed to be rye. I think it was multiple grain. The sale was supposed to be Greek, it consisted of some greens and a bit of feta drowned in what tasted like bottle dressing. Oh yes, I found a couple of sliced black olives after some digging. Two O'Douls, one club sandwich $28. No charge for the wait.

1 Thank Tim G
Los Angeles, California
“Disappointed after great recommendation”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

As a vacationer I heard the food at this Sauble Beach restaurant had improved with new ownership and brought friends from Owen Sound over to give it a try. Sad to say my Lake Huron whitefish was dry, overcooked, and quite tasteless. Please try to do something about this special local treat! Pasta was also over-oiled, other dishes forgettable. Restauranteurs - there is a real opportunity for a great little place in Sauble with so many summer visitors from foodie Toronto. Sad to say we would have been better going to Owen Sound or Southampton to eat.

Visited June 2013