“Awesome”

Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sauble Beach
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I had an amazing stay at kitwat in june! I needed a place last minute, and for last minute service they are amazing! I strongly reccomend others to stay there as it is clean, and the people are very friendly! I loved it :)

• Stayed: June 2012
12  Thank cederogier
ilove2bamom, Owner at Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us!
Kit-Wat Crew

Reviewed July 13, 2012

My Family and I travel every year to Southern Ontario to visit family and friends and Every year for the last 7 years have stayed at the Kit Wat. In 7 years we still to this day do not have any Complaints.We make RESERVATIONS well in Advance for our 3 rooms! in 7 years we have stayed in a lot of there rooms lol Jackie and the staff have made every year well worth it for us. Thank You All See you Next July! :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Dan B

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion. We really appreciate it!
Kit-Wat Management and Staff

Reviewed July 13, 2012

my family and i stayed in this hotel, for a week, loved it, loved the views just had to walk around the hotel to get to the beach, lots of towels, clean rooms , and well served thanks we will be back verry soon!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank Chantal D

Thank you!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

My family stayed at the Kit Wat Motel and enjoyed our stay very much. Staff is very nice,rooms are clean and had everything that was needed. It was a nice escape away from the busy down town, yet close enough to walk to the beach. I loved this little get away. Thank you to all the staff we had a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
14  Thank Valerie S

Thank you!
Kit-Wat Gang

Reviewed June 24, 2012

After reading glowing reviews of Kit Wat on Tripadvisor, my girlfriend and I were excited to make a booking. When I made my reservation, the staff on the phone was very helpful even though my call was made late at night because it was a last minute booking for a trip up Bruce Peninsula all the way up to Tobermory. When my girlfriend and I got to the motel after a long drive from Toronto, we received the same level of excellent customer service, but the room we were given simply did not meet our expectations. Although I did not expect much since the motel was fully booked that weekend, the cleanliness of the room was well below expectations. We found a strand of hair in our bedsheets, the towels were discoloured, and there was mould growing in the bathroom.

When I was using the shower, I noticed that the level of water flow from the shower head was like a jet stream because it actually hurt at times to use the shower head. After I completed the shower, I noticed there was a huge pool of water all over the floor in the bathroom, which could have been caused by the water splash from the malfunctioning shower head, or a leak from the bath tub. I used all the towels to mop up the water from the bathroom, and that's when I noticed little cracks and mould growth from water accumulation.

Perhaps the rooms in the main building are better maintained. If I were to visit Sauble Beach again, I don't think I would stay at this motel, at least not in this room.

Room Tip: Avoid room 20
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Brian K

Hi! Brian,
If you come to Sauble Beach in the future I would highly recommend that wherever you decide to stay you call well in advance as we are a busy tourist area and rooms book up quite fast, especially our waterfront rooms. If you were seeking a newer motel in Sauble Beach you will not find it, everything here is old! We do however take great pride in assuring our customers a clean comfortable stay and I can assure that there is no mould growing from anything. We are the only waterfront motel in Sauble Beach and have been here since the 60's. We pay special attention to cleaning and although we do our best. Human beings loose between 40-120 strands of hair per day depending on age and length of hair etc. so if in fact we lost a strand of hair while cleaning your room we sincerely apologize.
Best regards,
Jacqueline Van Gerven

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I want to start by saying thank you so much for making my special day unforgettable. My boyfriend proposed to me Saturday April 28 out in lake in the canoe that’s complimentary by the motel. Special thanks to Jackie(owner) for taking pictures and placing my bouquet in our room, I was honestly so surprised. The service was just unbelievable, we had everything we needed to cook and just relax. I love this place it’s got its own quiet lake and is just 5 mins from the beach. See you this summer!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank EasThu
ilove2bamom, Owner at Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

Thank you! It was an absolute pleasure to be in on the secret and make your special day a memorable one. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Best Wishes,
The Van Gerven Family

Reviewed September 28, 2011

OK, so we saw the beautiful photos, the lovely scenery, the pretty river. That is why we chose to stay at this motel one night on the way to Manitoulin Island. Boy, were we ever surprised. The hotel itself is quaint, and the people that run it seem nice. But the mattress in our queen size room felt ancient. My husband, who is an average size person, caused the mattress to slope downhill. I felt like I was sleeping on the side of a mountain slope all night. The lighting in the room was poor. Overall, it was clean, but please upgrade your rooms and help your guests get a better nights sleep. Your hotel guests will be much happier.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank robundle
ilove2bamom, Owner at Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2012

Hi! I would like to Thank you for your feedback and assure you that this mattress has been replaced. My husband and I purchased the Kit-Wat Motel in 2009 and have been doing ongoing extensive renovations each year and will continue to do so. Our goal is to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Thanks again for your feedback!
Hans, Jackie & Jonathan Van Gerven

Best Western Inn On The Bay
Best Western Inn On The Bay
#1 of 10 in Owen Sound
Sauble River Marina and Lodge Resort

Been to Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina? Share your experiences!