“Very comfortable”
Review of Centennial Motel

Centennial Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sauble Beach
Centennial Motel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Sauble Beach
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at the Centennial Motel in Sauble beach in August for one night. We took our two little girls (aged 2 and 4). Very comfortable motel. Cleanliness was OK. Staff were friendly and the owners were lovely. The only thing that let's the motel down is that they don't have patio doors in their rooms. Once the kids were in bed we were stuck and it was a lovely night. It would have been great to sit outside and have a glass of wine while the kids were inside sleeping. The rooms also were a little 'down at heel'. Could do with an overhaul in their bathrooms. However, a clean motel and a nice pool outside. Owner was meticulous in keeping it clean. Very good experience and we would go back.

7  Thank MazW_12

Reviewed August 27, 2012

What a great weekend we had at Sauble Beach! We checked in and found an immaculate room, very well maintained property and a warm pool and hot, hot tub!! The owners are very knowledgeable of the area and were eager to answer all our questions! They are centrally located in town just minutes from the beach, literally walking distance to everything. I read many reviews on TripAdvisor and it helped me choose Centennial. I hope this review helps you too!

3  Thank D-anne K
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I first stayed at the Centennial last year with my two children as a last minute trip to the beach. I was so impressed with the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff, I had to return for a longer stay with my husband and kids.
First, the rooms are very clean and well maintained. The fridge appears brand new and there is a table and chairs should you have breakfast in the room which we did. The beds are comfortable (they are full size beds - queen would be preferable) and the room is a good size. The only room complaint I have is that the air conditioner is very noisy.
The outdoor heated pool was warm and well maintained. Also, we did enjoy the outdoor hot tub. There is a barbecue available for guest use and outdoor picnic tables. It is a very short walk to the beach as well as shopping a local restaurants.
The staff are so friendly, we will definitely be back next year.

3  Thank abreault
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We decided to stay at a Motel downtown Sauble Beach this time. While we enjoyed staying further out on the Sauble River years past, it became very inconvenient because the attached restaurant did not stay open for dinner.
The Centennial Motel is extremely convenient for your beach stay in all respects. It is close to the beach, downtown core, and all restaurants and attractions. The Owners and family are all very friendly and accommodating to your needs.
The motel is very likely one of the cleanest motels that I have ever stayed at...and I travel for a living!! One very little item is that the room decor is a little spartan although they have recently done some work at the facility and I suspect that this is the reason. I would highly recommend Centennial to anyone considering a stay in Sauble. While this rating shows a 4, my feeling is more like a 4.8 out of 5!!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quiet and a large deck is available.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank GordHill
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great motel for family with 2 small kids, nice pool, hot tub, rooms were clean, staff was friendly, great location near beach. We were there during the week days, less busy and costs less then weekend. The price was reasonable for the area and if you stay 3 nights or more you get a discount. A/C, fridge, barbecue, free coffee. No restaurant, but one at plaza next door. One sink available for washing, grooming and food preparation, may be a problem if your super picky. AC a bit noisy, but can be turned off at night. Overall we had a good time and my kids enjoyed it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank EVR1
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Last August (2011) we stayed at Centennial Motel after booking at the Sauble Beach Lodge (which is disgusting and I lost my deposit and walked out of the place). I don't require fancy accommodations but do require cleanliness. The Centennial Motel was just that. Not fancy, but clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the pool and the grills available to cook dinner (which we did one night). Location is great - quick walk to the beach and near everything, yet quite at night. We are looking at options for this year and will probably stay at Centennial again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank rhonad
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I have stayed here twice now for a weekend at the end of the summer season. Its in a great spot where you have to walk past all the shops and stores on the way to the beach. I never tire of popping my head into these stores several times a day. It has a nice pool and available picnic spot.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends