“A Great Place For Fun in the Sun”
Review of Sauble Beach Lodge

Sauble Beach Lodge
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Sauble Beach
Reviewed July 29, 2012

A very convenient location with a great pool and within a short walking distance to Sauble Beach. The rooms were tidy upon arrival and the customer service was very friendly. The rooms were spacious and the location was quite, just what me and my family were looking for. I am considering revisiting before this summer is up.

5  Thank Deepinder B

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The staff at this resort are genuinely nice, caring people. Clean rooms - family suites are appropriately sized for a small family. We attended with 9 families and we had the motel rooms, family suites and 1 cabin. I would recommend the cabin if you want a bonfire pit but it's not very nice to have to share out front of the cabin if someone else is there so we highly recommend renting both cabins out as they are attached and side by side if you are in a group. The full kitchen has skeleton dishes so ensure you bring what you want from home. The pool is in excellent condition and very clean. Our 12 kids in the group had an awesome time between the pool and the beach 1 road away (5 minute walk). The rooms are basic and the cabins are really just 4 walls and a roof but for us even at the price we were there for the boys to be outside at the beach, pool, bonfire etc. and it was not a problem for us. The parents who stayed in the family suites were very pleased with the rooms and the motels are basic but clean. This location you would book at for location to the main Sauble Beach strip (close walk) and the quick beach access directly from the lodge. I put sleep quality 4 because we were so exhausted each night from soccer tourney all day and beach in between in the heat that we just crashed, if you are looking for high quality beds you will be disappointed and I know with the traveling I do for work that some people physically have injuries and need a certain quality of bed. Value I put at 4/5 because I would say that $200/night is driven by location more than quality of the rooms in a traditional sense. Rooms 3/5 because I know the staff are working to update the facilities and the cabin we stayed in was quite basic. The staff are friendly and quite accommodating. We will book again!

Room Tip: Family suites are the best value for the money and even if you don't need a kitchen, if it's...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jodi C
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We just spend a weekend at the Sauble Beach Lodge and I have to say I was very impressed. The owners, Jass and his wife take very good care of this place and even better care of the people staying at the hotel. This is definitely the place you want to stay if visiting Sauble Beach with your family and kids. We arrived late on check in day (11pm) but during our drive there they called to ask us if we wanted to move from a cabin to a family room at no charge, They suggested it might be quieter for the kids and there was one available. We were happy that we took their advice as the cabins are meant for families that want to stay up late and sings songs by the campfire. We slept peacefully every night of our stay. The room was clean and everything worked properly. Jass and his wife were always available if we needed anything. The pool was awesome and they even had life jackets on hand for the kids, something I have never seen a hotel do before.
We had some trouble with the beach patrol, apparently dogs are no longer allowed on the beach, a quick visit to Jass and he found us a place for our little dog to stay for a few hours while we went to the beach and his wife suggested a great baby sitting service in case we wanted a few hours to ourselves.
The entire stay there we felt very safe and very comfortable allowing the kids a little freedom to leave the room and go to the playground on their own.
Checkout time was smooth, we packed up and went to the beach for the day, they even let us keep our vehicle parked there for the day and to use the pool until we decided to drive back home.
The beach was so close, walk out of the room and you were on the beach in less then a minute, just had to cross one street and the position on the beach was the best as everyone seemed to crowd up closer to town and further down the beach leaving this spot almost empty.
Only bad thing about this place was having to leave it to come back home and go to work.

Thank you Sauble Beach Lodge we will be back, hopefully a few more times before the season ends. :)

Room Tip: Cabins are for people who want to stay up late by the campfire. The main building is for people who...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank FluffyDevil
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My family and I went to visit Sauble beach and stayed at Sauble Beach lodge, we had a great experience staying at this lodge as the hosts were very helpful. The beach is a walk down which is very convenient, as well as the most affordable and including parking! The entire family enjoyed the pool table indoors and the outdoor swimming pool. Spacious and clean environment. I recommend this place to anyone that is planning on making a trip down to Sauble.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Nav82
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I liked the place and will return there when i go to sauble beach. The room was a bit dark though even after we asked for a table lp. Quite big room for 2 people with plenty of towels and space.The parking was free and the staff were friendly. We stayed there for one night only. After we checked out, They allowed us to have our car parked in their property and use their pool for the whole day which was impressing!! They said we could also park our car there and go out to the beach for the entire day. I found sauble beach lodge the most affordable in the area and got back 100% value of my money. I will stay there the next time i go up there!

• Stayed: July 2011
8  Thank Panixoxo
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We visited Sauble beach in the second weeke of August 2011, we stayed for 2 nights in a 2 bedroom suite. were pleasanlty surprised the rooms were clean and comfortable. the suite had a one and half washrooms and a kichenette. The place is a bit dated but I would consider it as the best in the area. the Hosts were very pleasing and have took great care to make our stay pleasant. the Beach is approx 2 mins away which means you dont have to pay for parking at the beach. the also provide BBQs and the outdoor pool was fabulous. we all had a great mini vacation and will definitely be back.

5  Thank CDS_Group
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My family and I highly recommend the sauble lodge. We spent one week in a suite with a kitchen. The place was clean, the service was great and the hosts were amazing. My girls loved it there and they treated us all like family. We miss them already but will definitely be back. Great location for a family vacation!!!!!!

Room Tip: Great family location.
6  Thank Anna Maria D
Best Western Inn On The Bay
#1 of 10 in Owen Sound
Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina
Bel-Air Motel & Cottages Sauble Beach

Been to Sauble Beach Lodge? Share your experiences!