“Great Food”
Review of Pearl of Samui

Pearl of Samui
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Walton-on-the-Naze, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The food here is fabulous, the staff are friendly and we always have a great time when we eat at the Pearl of Samui.

Visited February 2014

Walton-on-the-Naze, United Kingdom
“Thai food at it's finest”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Only a few years ago I lived in the very fashionable Stoke Newington, London N16, where on Church Street there were a great many award winning restaurants - including two Thai. I’ve also eaten Thai in other parts of London. The food here is not only equal to any of them, it is better than most. The chef and his wife are most welcoming, the food is amazingly good and the value terrific. As well as the usual and delicious Thai Pad and Curry dishes, try the Sea Bass, the Mussulman Lamb Curry, and the Roti bread. And you wont get better dumplings or Tempura anywhere. A nice relaxing atmosphere, friendly service and beautiful food. Thai food at it’s best. A must for any food lover.

• Visited February 2014
Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

What a great thai restaurant this is. I had thai red curry which was absolutely fantastic. Would highly recommend.
The lady owner was very helpful and we had a great chat about where we had been in Thailand.
The wife also had amazing beef dish.
Next time I am in walton I will certainly be going back.

Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“I'll be back.”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

First time visit to this restaurant and happy to say it lives up to all the previous good reviews. My husband and I are really into Thai food, whenever we have anything to celebrate we always choose to go to a Thai and have tried quite a few in the Essex / Sussex area. This was one of the best, really good tasty food. The restaurant was quiet for a Saturday evening (such a shame, it deserves to be busy, but Walton on the whole seemed to be very quiet) so the service was excellent. The portion sizes were very good and everything we ordered we were very pleased with. I had read previous reviews saying the coconut crepes with coconut ice cream were delicious so decided to try them. Yes they were right, a lovely end to a really lovely meal.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank allesleypk
“Great Thai food by the coast”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here with my partner for the past two years whenever we go to visit her parents in Frinton. All the classics on the menu personal favourites are the tom yum soup, green and red fish curries. My partner and I are slowly working our way through the menu and everything is tasty. Gets quiet in winter time (as does everywhere in Walton) and we worry that it may close. It is such a good restaurant probably one of the best in the area.

• Visited August 2013