“3 Days not long enough!!”

Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed at this park the first weekend in October 2013, we are a family of 4.
We can not fault this park! We had the most amazing time!
The entertainments team, Danni Prince and her crew were superb! My boys can be quite shy but when I spotted them break dancing on the dance floor I was amazed!!!
The Sunday show was perfect, flawless and very entertaining. The TV theme tune bingo was fun especially as we won some prizes!
They enjoyed ever aspect of the holiday, the swimming pool was very warm. A little disappointed it closed at 4:45pm but it was our fault for not checking the opening times.
The restaurant food was brilliant, great value for money and very tasty, especially the thai green curry.
All members of staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for you, but more so the entertainments team, they are getting to the end of their season but you would not have known this. Full of energy and very well managed.
We will definitely come back, so close to the beach and not far from the main town.
The accommodation was clean, tidy, well equipted, warm and perfect for us.

Would definitely recommend

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for posting your review , I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at Naze Marine, I will pass on your comments to the entertainment team who work extremely hard to keep everyone happy. We will look forward in welcoming you back next year
Naze Marine
01255 682 410

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Originally booked a Bronze caravan at Naze Marine Holiday Park. Firstly, the caravan should have been ready by 4pm. It was Not. We waited. At 4.20pm we enquired whether it was ready and were told it was just being checked, so we decided to head on round there. No bedsteads, no mattresses,sticky surfaces, filthy shower, an area of the caravan had been bashed in, carpets badly stained, pillows with blood stains on them - shall I continue? No linen even though my husband requested it via the booking agent but yet again we were told quiet firmly we had not paid for it and so I will now have to deal with the Booking Agent. The staff are so used to complaints that they themselves are quiet complacent when yet another problem arises. A radio message explained that there were no mattresses available. I asked to be moved. Having checked the 2nd caravan, which had a large hole in the vinyl flooring and the whole caravan smelling like a dog kennel I thought NO THANKS. As I approached the main office to return the key, I noticed an open back truck with two mattress dangling. One with a massisve split and grey stuffing trying to escape, whilst the other had covered itself in autumn leaves. I called out to the driver, "Is that for number....." "Yeah" was the reply. I duly asked him not to bother - not forgetting of course that I had overheard on the two-way radio that there were no mattresses and I could only imagine that these two mattresses were lonely on the dump and he had found a home for them. Apparently not even the staff wanted to sleep on them - alright for paying guests though? Anyway, I asked to be permanently removed from the site which entailed yet further costs to me personally, but went on my merry way to Weeley Bridge where both my husband and I had a very pleasant stay in a very nice caravan which we have stayed at on other occasions but opted for a change of scenery - what a mistake. Naze Marine seriously need to read the amount of negative feedback on both Facebook and TripAdvisor because it is very clear that the negative outway the positives. You are located in an excellent area, use it to your advantage. Customer service skills need to be addressed. Problematic morale with staff is clear to see.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Jessica A
Reviewed October 9, 2013

just returned from a short break at this holiday park , whilst the park is kept tidy , the caravan we were given was in need of cleaning and tlc , alot of the caravans looked in need of a good tidy up , it can put people off when you see things like junk and untidyness , we reported a couple of things in our caravan like toilet leaking round the bottom and the waste pipe under the van also spilling out unhealthy waste , but nothing was done , all in all the park needs looking at , on a good note the bar and food areas were good , with friendly staff, although the food menu is a bit up itself for what you get , would recomend the breakfast very good for the cost , even better if it had been at least warm and not cold , but you cant have everthing , all in all a lovely part of the country ,just tidt up please .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank fliptop1
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
I am disappointed that some aspects let us down, I can assure you that your comments will be taken on board and incorporated into our winter works program. I am pleased to note that the staff were friendly and helpful. We would love to see you again next year so you can experience our usual high standards.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at Naze Marine as a touring customer. The location of the touring field is behind the entertainment center. The field its self is not very level and it's a pick your own pitch. The showers and loos were portakabin which were clean, however, the male showers one was out of order due to 'a low life'. When my wife had a shower a man walked in!

My son loved the team stars as they would put on the sparky or sparkle outfit just for him! Plus he loved winning the prizes and takes his sporty sparky everywhere! The showbar is a lose term, it's very dated all the tables wobble but I've seen worse.

The swimming pool was okay if at it highest point was only a meter high and not very warm. It was clean and fresh looking.

On the whole it was an average as the price was so cheap you can't say much. Would I come back again, unlikely. Park resorts are never going to be great as been to a number of there parks and all the same dated and tried.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I am disappointed to be writing this review as I reported my complaints to the office plus sent an e-mail with the hope of at least an apology. As I have waited two weeks and heard nothing I feel I have no choice but to share my complaints with tripadvisor.

Firstly I called the office and reported a lot rubbish outside the caravan, (not a good start), someone arrived to clear it up but only picked up the large pieces of paper and left behind cotton buds, tea bags, cigarette ends and other small pieces of rubbish. The lawn mower picked up some of this another day.

We weren't expecting a palace as we’d booked a bronze caravan but there is no excuse for the lack of cleanliness. On our arrival I spent two hours cleaning things that we would need to touch or eat/drink off of/from or use to cook with so that we felt more comfortable. I could have reported it to the office but it was just one thing after another and if they had sent a cleaner I could hardly have instructed them what to do and wouldn't have wanted someone cleaning while I was trying to relax after a long journey. If we had been offered another caravan I can't imagine it would have been any cleaner so I just got stuck in. The main cleanliness points were:-

Butter smeared on the inside of the crockery cupboard
Tomato ketchup finger print on the edge of dining table
Stale bread under the coffee table
Cutlery draw just disgusting as well as the cutlery
All cupboards, draws and doors plus handles sticky and filthy
Mattress is badly stained and the duvets and pillows pretty disgusting
Kitchen window blind filthy

I also reported that there was no door on the freezer compartment of the fridge, as we had brought some frozen food with us this was quite important. I was told that if there was a spare one it would be brought to us but it didn't arrive and we didn't receive a follow up call to apologise for the inconvenience.

I have elderly parents who live in Walton on the Naze and visit the area frequently, in fact I am currently looking for accommodation for another short stay but there is no way I would stay at Naze Marine Holiday Park again!

I can't comment on the facilities as we didn't use them.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank misselainei
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed for the week after the kids went back to school. We didn't know the area at all & was looking for a base to visit Colchester Zoo. The site lovely & perfectly placed with the sea just minutes away & a picture perfect inlet on the other with boats moored. We used the entertainment facilities which cost us £38 ... bargain. We all know this isn't London West End theatre quality but credit to the entertainment staff for working their magic. The bar staff, one in particular was fantastic ; I accidentally dropped and broke a glass in the show room , not only did she clear it up with a smile but absolutely 'ribbed' me continuously for hours after... top sense of humour ( young blond girl ) pass on my thanks. Walton was nice too , loved the pier, great for the little ones. I'd happily buy a property in nearby Frinton on sea ... stunning beach front homes. Finally , and you know who you are ... the lady on reception could not have been friendlier or more helpful.. Thank You
I'd return here .... no problem at all

Room Tip: The best caravans are from platform 9 3/4 .....
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, I am delighted that you enjoyed your first stay with us. I agree the area is lovely with lots to see and do if you are prepared to look for it. I will pass on your kind comments regarding the team here as they work hard to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. We hope to see you for a return visit in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We've just come back from our third holiday in Naze Marine so it's about time I write a review and tell you why. We've stayed in many caravan parks so can tell good from bad. I'll do this in bulletpoints to make it easy on the eye:-

- Great caravans, modern, clean, in good condition

- Superb location, Walton is a lovely town and the caravan park is a short walk from the beach

- Classy swimming pool, far better than you would expect from the average caravan park

- Very friendly staff everywhere, on reception, in the bar, arcade.

- The staff are willing to go the extra mile, I experienced this on 3 occassions while at the park. (Sorry, big explanation required) First they moved the holiday after some of us got sick the day before, I had assumed the holiday was lost, but no they rebooked a new date for us. Secondly the restaurant extended the time they serve food for us after we arrived from a long journey feeling very hungry, the extra 20 minutes was greatly appreciated, even more so when the delicious pizza arrived for me (I recomment you try their pizzas). There's something for everyone on the menu. The third time someone went out of their way was when one of the bouncers for the arcade came over to help with the prize machine, our 7yo daughter had over 1000 tickets and he patiently loaded them all in, taking his time and making sure that she got exactly what she wanted from the machine. Staff like these genuinely make you feel welcome at the park, these people are not just doing their jobs, they're going above the call of duty which results in many people having happy holidays.

We'll be back next year without a doubt! This is the best caravan park we've ever been too

1  Thank Peter J

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay here at Naze Marine.
I am delighted that you have enjoyed many visits here and keep returning. All the team here try their utmost to make every guest feel welcome and special and I am pleased to find that they are still keeping up the standards. We look forward to seeing you again next year, if you haven’t already, please call and rebook to get the best offer that’s available.
Naze Marine - 01255 682 410

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walton-on-the-Naze
Travelodge Clacton-on-Sea Central
The Kingscliff Hotel
The Kingscliff Hotel
#1 of 1 in Holland-on-Sea
Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Highfield Grange Holiday Park - ...
#11 of 15 in Clacton-on-Sea
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Pa...
#15 of 15 in Clacton-on-Sea
The Royal Albion Public House
The Royal Albion Public House
#3 of 5 in Walton-on-the-Naze
Uplands Guest House
Uplands Guest House
#2 of 2 in Frinton-On-Sea

Been to Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!