“Great bargain holiday gorgeous beach.”

Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I went on a sun offer bronze caravan which I tried to upgrade but was too late! For £126 for four of us I was armed with antibacterial wipes and cleaning stuff. I need not bother the caravan was immaculate. No heating but hot water. It was very very clean and had been updated.
I'm not really a caravan person and usually stay in 4 &5 star hotels but I have to say the van was cleaned better than some 4* hotels I've been to.
Lots of cutlery plates etc etc provided. The entertainment was average but it was fun the people were friendly and my hard to please teenager and her friend had a good time. The beach is a 5 min walk from the camp fabulous for anyone without a car. But the beach. It's a beautiful sandy beach quaint and old fashioned. Loads of places to sit tho too and great for people with walking problems. Parking on camp and in the seaside town very limited though. Not easy in a 4x4.
All in all a fantastic break for the money we paid and a very clean well maintained site very friendly staff check in came out and showed me where to go and on check out I was asked if I enjoyed my stay. The van number I had was 130 in the pines.
I'd definitely go back again and pay full price.

• Stayed: July 2012
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hello

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your time here at Naze Marine, and equally pleased that your accommodation was to our usual high standard.

I agree the seaside town is quite charming, there is for future reference a large carpark in the town situated behind the co-op which may make parking a little easier for you.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just returned from a 4 day break with partner at Naze Marine. Have been visiting the site for years with my parents and have slowly moved up through the caravan grades in that time. We had a Gold Plus and, while there was nothing wrong with that particular van, after a recent platinum visit we felt a little disappointed. Spoke to Angela at reception who couldn't be more helpful and managed to relocate us to a platinum van. We had family on site also and had a great week. Weather even held out until we were going home! After fun days out at Clacton and other nearby sites its always nice to get back to the peacefulness of the Naze. I am back with family in September and with my partner in October so that says it all. Thanks again to Angela for making our stay that little more special.

Room Tip: Rooms near the Entertainment Centre can be noisey at night so best to avoid a caravan directly next...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Anthony

Thank you for taking the time to post a response, I am delighted to hear that Angie managed to make your stay a little more special.

We look forward to seeing you again in a couple of months time

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Have just come back from a 4 day break with our Granddaughters who are 2 and 1. Our 8 berth caravan was immaculate. A shower room with toilet and another toilet was excellent. Lovely balcony which we did manage to sit and have lunch on once. TV with DVD player was handy for Pepper Pig ! bed linen provided was excellent. Staff very helpful and friendly. Took the girls swimming every day and the pool is lovely and warm. They loved the swing park. The site is really kept clean. There is a good shop on site open from 8 until 6. Walton beach is walking distance. Our granddaughters loved it. Walton pier is a good walk from the site. It was ideal for our girls. We had done so much during the day that we were too tired to go to the clubhouse so can't comment on that. We will book it again.

Room Tip: We went for a gold plus caravan as you get the linen. Saves you having t take it with you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Hi Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your time here with us, I will pass your kind comments on to the relevant staff as they all work extremely hard and love to hear any feedback, we all look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

we had a good time at at naze marine nice clean site friendly helpfull staff at reception indoor swiming pool ,clubhouse, its a short walk to local town and seafront done some fishing on seafront caught a few small bass . 2nd holiday break at naze marine this year and just booked a third break .reamend the site . pete /////////

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just spent a week here and we loved it. It is a small park with a friendly team of staff. Kids entertainment was excellent with staff adapting sessions to suit the needs of the children that were there. Great family atmosphere.

The town centre is about 10 minutes away (with a 2 year old in tow). Locals are friendly. It is small but quaint and traditional, with shops that I remember from my childhood. Nothing there for a shopaholic, but great for picking up cheap souvenirs.

Ate in the restaurant once, which was reasonable quality and value for money.

Accommodation was reasonable. The only criticism I have is that it was poorly equipped. We reported this to reception, but they said that they were short on items due to a fire that happened a while ago. We therefore had to pay out for some essentials, including a tin opener, which was on sale in the site shop. I also overheard other people complaining about the same issue. Management need to sort this issue out and ensure that there is suitable equipment, including sufficient and adequately sized saucepans for the number of people in the accommodation.

Other than this niggle it was a great holiday. Recommended for those seeking a quiet and relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of city life. We hope to stay again soon.

1  Thank JEMitch
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your time here in Walton, The issues with the lack of stock has now been rectified and all our accommodation is now fully equipped, so I look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Awful horrible place, not somewhere to take your kids or grand kids, cooker had no ignition switch, we were told to use matches or have take a ways!!! They then gave us a gas lighting tool that was damaged and Sellotape to hold it together! Kids club was boring, Sparkie could only spare 10 mins to entertain the kids and that was to do a high 5 and a dance!!!! Then bingo!!!! Outside caravan 188, ground was covered in cigarette ends and next door housed a water butt with a drown rabbit in!!!! Most upsetting for children ... Rubbish everywhere, total waste of money, dirty bedding, and toilets, very dusty ..... We left a day early, reception NOT helpful, suggested we write to the management, Customer service courses a "Must" for staff...

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Pennyw247

Hi Penny,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I am sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your time here, our characters are usually about several times throughout the day and evening so I do apologise if you did miss them throughout the course of your stay. With regards to the water butt incident, I do assure you that although the park has a lot of wildlife this is not a regular occurrence and the issue was rectified immediately. I have spoken to the team in reception and can only apologise if you felt that they were unhelpful.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We have just got back from a long weekend at Naze Marine caravan park. There were 6 of us 4 adults 1 teenager and a 6 year old. We booked through The Sun holidays, we had never been here before and to be honest when I read the reviews on here before we left I was very anxious. We upgraded to a gold plus when we booked which we always do when going on a caravan holiday anyway. We arrived at 1.30 on Friday and were given our keys very promptly, the caravan was very clean this is majorly important to me as I have atopic eczema and severe allergies. The caravan was spacious, well equipped and everything I would want and expect from a caravan ( let's remember it is a caravan and not a 5* hotel here). The staff were amazing, very friendly, very helpful and happy. The entertainment staff were fantastic and really work hard, brilliant entertainment for the kids. I don't know why there are such horrible reviews on here to be honest I think people expect too much ! A caravan holiday is a caravan holiday if you don't like them then book a hotel somewhere!! When we book our sun holiday next year Naze Marine will be 1st on my list. Don't be put off by the bad reviews on here people it really is great there. Thank you to all the staff you were amazing

Room Tip: Gold plus caravan
2  Thank Lisa L

Hi Lisa, thank you for posting your comments, I am pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed your time here, It’s sometimes quite difficult to please the vast age ranges of our guests so I am delighted that we hit all the right notes for you all, Look forward to seeing you next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walton-on-the-Naze
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Pa...
#14 of 15 in Clacton-on-Sea
Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Highfield Grange Holiday Park - ...
#12 of 15 in Clacton-on-Sea
The Royal Albion Public House
The Royal Albion Public House
#3 of 5 in Walton-on-the-Naze
Seawick Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK

Been to Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!