“Great Weekend”

Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just returned from a great family weekend break at the park. If I had read the reviews prior to booking I would not have gone, so glad I didn't. We had a great Gold plus caravan, which was clean and well kept. The park itself was clean and tidy and (obviously due to the recent weather) no sign of the mud as mentioned in previous reviews. The kids (2 boys) had a fantastic time in the pool (not cold, didn't have to queue for changing rooms even though quite busy at times). Entertainment for kids (ours 5 & 3) was ok. Bingo between 7 and 8 kind of spoils the night if you have younger kids. That only leaves Amusements which are ok, but gets busy.
Spent every day on beach which is very close by, and clean.
I will definitely return.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dalbrom
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Hi there,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and thankfully you had fantastic weather to enjoy the local beach

I have passed all your great feedback onto the team as they love to hear the lovely comments from the customers almost as much as I do

We do hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have just had a great long weekend at Naze Marine Holiday Park. The caravan was clean and tidy when we arrived. We took our daughter who is three and she was so excited as it is here 1st time on a site like this. She loved doing ballet with Sparkle on the Saturday morning. The food in the bar was good and lot's of choice. We used the swimming pool twice there are not really enough changing rooms and the showers were cold at the pool but this is only little niggle. Everything else was brilliant the entertainment team were great with the kids and everyone was friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Zoe O
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Hi Zoe,

hank you for taking the time to write us a review, I’m pleased to see that you and your daughter had a fantastic time especially with the Ballet (budding ballerina perhaps?). We look forward to seeing you all again in the future.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was my 4th time at Naze Marine and thanks to Tesco Reward Vouchers it only cost me £14 for a 3 night stay. I didn't check out the entertainment this time but I ate in the restaurant and made use of the free wifi. Food was better than expected and great value. The caravan wasn't as clean as it could be but this was mainly the living room (which looked like it had been wiped over with a dirty cloth). I certainly left it cleaner than when I arrived. However, I didn't complain as this was a minor problem. I also found the grass very water-logged and muddy in places but it is like this at all these parks. It is quite difficult not to tread mud into the caravans but I always take slippers for this very reason. On a positive note, the ducks love the little mini lakes. Naze Marine is a great value holiday camp in a fantastic location (just explore the area from the Naze Tower along the beach to the quaint seaside town of Frinton). Staff are professional, friendly and caring. What more could you want. I am already looking forward to next year's stay.

Room Tip: Always pay extra for at least a silver caravan unless you are taking the dogs (who will love the gre...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank NannyBeach

Hi

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here it’s great to see returning guests, I agree the menu in the complex its very good this year and the feedback we are receiving is fantastic. I apologise if your accommodation was not as expected, it’s a shame you didn’t inform us as we would have rectified this for you. The weather has been very temperamental for this time of year hence the fact that the grounds were wet in places, I agree great weather for the ducks. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Oh Dear, we holiday at Park Resorts time and time again, this was not up to Park Resorts usual standard, we had a silver accomodation, it was touch ad go if we was going to stay. it was filthy on arrival- wont go into detail as it was horrible, had to get it re cleaned, the tv didnt work properly, broken switches on the heating, the loo was filthy and the seat itself totally broken it took them 6 and half hours to get it sorted out, The accomdation manager came to see us as we had so many issues, and to be fair tried her best to sort everything, but it still took them ages, The park itself was quite dated and crammed with older vans. Entertainment team did well to perform to just 11 of us on the sunday evening. Didnt use the pool but it looked ok.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Hi Romney,

Thank you for your review, I apologise on this occasion that you were not satisfied with your accommodation we try our utmost to rectify issues if they do occur. I am disappointed that you feel the park is dated as we have had considerable refurbishment work carried out over the winter, however we do take all feedback into consideration for the future and hopefully may see you return.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Naze marine is a fabulous park in a lovely seaside town. The staff are really friendly. The security are very helpful and considerate. I felt like my children were very safe. The Team Stars were all fabulous and friendly. They made time to know our children's names and made us feel so welcome. Their shows were brilliant and I was particularly impressed by Danni and her vocals. Highly recommend a stay here. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Themexicobabe
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Hi there

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I’m delighted that you and your family had a great time here at Naze Marine. Our Entertainment team work very hard to produce their shows so it is fantastic that it is paying off

We hope to see you and your family again in the future

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Have had a really good time the staff and the entertainment have been awesome and so friendly. have had such a laugh.the facilities are really good and clean.the location is prefect it's not to far from Walton town or the beach.have only been here 4 days and have been made to feel really welcome by everyone here especially the entertainment staff who have been brilliant threw out the holiday will defiantly be coming back in the futrue 5 stars all round.

• Stayed: April 2013
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Hi Richie

Thank you for your positive review, I’m delighted you had a lovely holiday and I want to thank you for taking the time to leave such great feedback

The entertainment staff work hard all year and it's great to see their efforts are appreciated

We look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed April 23, 2013

After reading reviews on here before leaving for our little family holiday, ill be honest, we were very reluctant to go. First thing that caught my attention was how people were saying it was too muddy and cold, well what do you expect, this is England, of have bad weather. Your staying in a caravan which is surrounded mainly by grass and dirt!
Anyway, we arrived at the complex and found the reception with no problems (most people on here moaning saying it was too hard to find) how can you miss it, there's a bloody great big sign saying reception on the building! And yes its based inside a caravan, what do you expect, its a caravan park for god sake!!
We parked and went to check in to be told we had been upgraded from bronze to silver as the weather had been bad and affected some areas of the park.
We were given easy directions to our van and a map. When we arrived we were more than happy with the accommodation. All the heaters had been turned on for our arrival so the van was nice and warm for us. We unpacked our stuff and went for a walk around to find everything. Apart from the shop everything is all under one roof, perfect. All the entertainment and activities was clearly listed on the wall entering the restaurant.
Instead of self catering we decided to eat in the parks restaurant, a lovely selection of food however, there is on breakfast options for the children lucky our little one eats egg on toast as that's what she had from the adults menu.
We played bingo, and I know a lot of people have complained about the price of the tickets but you are told prices before you buy so if your not happy with the price then don't buy any! Simple. And also people moaned about the connection being lost with the link, well this is all also explained before the game, so if you don't want to play then dont! Stop picking at stupid things. After the bingo was kids entertainment. Well what can I say, the team were amazing at remembering all the children's names and making them feel welcome and special, which is what a holiday should be about.
Most caravan holidays we have been on have consisted only of caberet for the adults, not this park, Friday was a comedy impressionist called Rick sheehan, AMAZING! Saturday night was a band, Sunday night was the team production of i rock and roll with a modern twist, AMAZING!
We went swimming on the Sunday morning and I must admit the changing area is very tiny for how big the park is and no where really suitable to change a baby or small child, I had to change my daughter on my lap, which proved very difficult, but you get by, you do what you have to do! The pool did feel a bit cold but it was obviously ok as while in there we saw the pool checks being done, vents, tempreture, ph levels etc.
Everyone we came across war very friendly, even the manager said good morning and asked how we were. The gardener asked if we needed help (as we looked a bit lost at one point) no one has ever been so friendly, staff wise!
Overall we were extremely happy with our break away to Naze Marine and will DEFINITELY be returning. As for those who have complained in previous reviews, maybe you should reconsider where you stay in the future. If you want the Ritz go stay there, don't put the park down just to suit your high standard expectations!
Naze Marine team you done a fab job during our stay, thank you :)

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Cazz369
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Firstly thank you for taking the time to post your review, I’m very pleased to hear that you had a fantastic time at Naze Marine Holiday Park.
Thank you for your feedback, we are always keen to try and improve so your comments about the children's breakfast menu will be passed on, as for the swimming pool it will get a bit warmer over the season. I am so glad you enjoyed the entertainment, we do try and have a little something for everyone and the entertainment team work extremely hard to ensure everyone has a good time.
I look forward to seeing you and your family in the future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walton-on-the-Naze
Travelodge Clacton-on-Sea Central
The Royal Albion Public House
The Royal Albion Public House
#3 of 5 in Walton-on-the-Naze
Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Highfield Grange Holiday Park - ...
#12 of 15 in Clacton-on-Sea

Been to Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!