“Best Time Ever!!”

Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Naze marine is a fabulous park in a lovely seaside town. The staff are really friendly. The security are very helpful and considerate. I felt like my children were very safe. The Team Stars were all fabulous and friendly. They made time to know our children's names and made us feel so welcome. Their shows were brilliant and I was particularly impressed by Danni and her vocals. Highly recommend a stay here. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Themexicobabe
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Hi there

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I’m delighted that you and your family had a great time here at Naze Marine. Our Entertainment team work very hard to produce their shows so it is fantastic that it is paying off

We hope to see you and your family again in the future

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Have had a really good time the staff and the entertainment have been awesome and so friendly. have had such a laugh.the facilities are really good and clean.the location is prefect it's not to far from Walton town or the beach.have only been here 4 days and have been made to feel really welcome by everyone here especially the entertainment staff who have been brilliant threw out the holiday will defiantly be coming back in the futrue 5 stars all round.

• Stayed: April 2013
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Hi Richie

Thank you for your positive review, I’m delighted you had a lovely holiday and I want to thank you for taking the time to leave such great feedback

The entertainment staff work hard all year and it's great to see their efforts are appreciated

We look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed April 23, 2013

After reading reviews on here before leaving for our little family holiday, ill be honest, we were very reluctant to go. First thing that caught my attention was how people were saying it was too muddy and cold, well what do you expect, this is England, of have bad weather. Your staying in a caravan which is surrounded mainly by grass and dirt!
Anyway, we arrived at the complex and found the reception with no problems (most people on here moaning saying it was too hard to find) how can you miss it, there's a bloody great big sign saying reception on the building! And yes its based inside a caravan, what do you expect, its a caravan park for god sake!!
We parked and went to check in to be told we had been upgraded from bronze to silver as the weather had been bad and affected some areas of the park.
We were given easy directions to our van and a map. When we arrived we were more than happy with the accommodation. All the heaters had been turned on for our arrival so the van was nice and warm for us. We unpacked our stuff and went for a walk around to find everything. Apart from the shop everything is all under one roof, perfect. All the entertainment and activities was clearly listed on the wall entering the restaurant.
Instead of self catering we decided to eat in the parks restaurant, a lovely selection of food however, there is on breakfast options for the children lucky our little one eats egg on toast as that's what she had from the adults menu.
We played bingo, and I know a lot of people have complained about the price of the tickets but you are told prices before you buy so if your not happy with the price then don't buy any! Simple. And also people moaned about the connection being lost with the link, well this is all also explained before the game, so if you don't want to play then dont! Stop picking at stupid things. After the bingo was kids entertainment. Well what can I say, the team were amazing at remembering all the children's names and making them feel welcome and special, which is what a holiday should be about.
Most caravan holidays we have been on have consisted only of caberet for the adults, not this park, Friday was a comedy impressionist called Rick sheehan, AMAZING! Saturday night was a band, Sunday night was the team production of i rock and roll with a modern twist, AMAZING!
We went swimming on the Sunday morning and I must admit the changing area is very tiny for how big the park is and no where really suitable to change a baby or small child, I had to change my daughter on my lap, which proved very difficult, but you get by, you do what you have to do! The pool did feel a bit cold but it was obviously ok as while in there we saw the pool checks being done, vents, tempreture, ph levels etc.
Everyone we came across war very friendly, even the manager said good morning and asked how we were. The gardener asked if we needed help (as we looked a bit lost at one point) no one has ever been so friendly, staff wise!
Overall we were extremely happy with our break away to Naze Marine and will DEFINITELY be returning. As for those who have complained in previous reviews, maybe you should reconsider where you stay in the future. If you want the Ritz go stay there, don't put the park down just to suit your high standard expectations!
Naze Marine team you done a fab job during our stay, thank you :)

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Cazz369
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Firstly thank you for taking the time to post your review, I’m very pleased to hear that you had a fantastic time at Naze Marine Holiday Park.
Thank you for your feedback, we are always keen to try and improve so your comments about the children's breakfast menu will be passed on, as for the swimming pool it will get a bit warmer over the season. I am so glad you enjoyed the entertainment, we do try and have a little something for everyone and the entertainment team work extremely hard to ensure everyone has a good time.
I look forward to seeing you and your family in the future

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have read some scathing reviews on here, some justified, some really not at all the fault of the park.
I will start with the justified negatives from my personal perspective now I have stayed at the park (Easter hols 2013)
The siting of the caravans without access pathways, driveways is ridiculous. The flooded grasslands on which our van was situated deteriorated into a quagmire which meant our shoes and clothes were filthy within minutes of arriving as was our nice new rental caravan. You aren't allowed to pull up alongside the van meaning several trips back and forth from car to 'van (see photo). The cleaning staff must go berserk every changeover! We had all brought smart outfits for the evenings which were not worn because of the mud. This is easily remedied and with so many other negative reviews on this point it's a wonder why it hasn't been.
Our other niggle is the swimming pool changing area. The pool itself is lovely and very warm but the only (official) area to change in is 4 cubicles. 1 of which was out of order leaving 3. 3 cubicles on a family holiday park is absurd. It lead to a lot of waiting around at opening and closing times which was made worse by the fact the area had a/c running and the showers running cold water only - I tried to use the showers twice during our stay and the shower water was freezing both times so hardly a one-off - making for a lot of shivering people.
On the subject of cold I have to defend the park when it comes to the caravans. If you choose to holiday in the UK in April then you have to be prepared for the cold. We opted for the £40 upgrade to Silver for this reason as clearly stated in the brochure it had multi-room heating whereas the Standard/Bronze does not. Effectively the caravan had central heating and was very warm indeed. We thought our Silver caravan was great, comfortable room for 4, neat, clean and tidy (initially: see Mud). Those complaining about the cold have only themselves to blame. It's the UK weather and the brochure/website is very clear.
I will support the issue many people have with the always open gate and locals coming in as on the Friday night a few local teens thought it funny by setting off the fire alarms resulting in everybody having to evacuate the entertainment centre (3 times for us personally) whilst the park staff did safety checks. I understand the need for the checks etc but if Security did a better job of only allowing "approved"/with passes people on site this could have been avoided. Most of us tolerated it in good spirits and of course blamed the nuisance teens but not a lot of fun standing outside in the rain and cold. Why were they not challenged before causing trouble?
At this point I have to mention the Entertainers. They were superb throughout the holiday with their high energy enthusiasm but they were particularly good whilst this fire alarm/security issue was going on by getting the kids involved and occupied with games. Full credit to them.
We all enjoyed the entertainment - terrific tribute act and covers band along with brilliant Park Resorts Entertainers - Danni, Chris, Sara, Joe to name a few getting young and old involved. They are a great asset to Naze Marine..If you've got young (sub 10yrs ish) kids they will love them/it but us adults do too!
On the subject of staff we found everybody we spoke to very friendly and welcoming, from the Reception staff to bar staff and cheery entertainers, even a few laughs with the chefs.. Not a grumpy soul on site which cannot be easy so well done.
Walton itself is lovely - good beach, an enjoyable walk along the pier and currently a £10 "play-all-day" wristband on the funfair (on the pier) was great value and the girls loved it.

So in summary there are a few issues with the park hence only a 4 star review. Sort out the mud (pathways or rubber matting which allows grass to grow through but restrains the mud) and improve security and you might have yourself a 5 star resort. Would we come back then? You bet

2  Thank Paul A
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hi Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, I am very sorry that the ground conditions were not their best when you visited our park, as I have stated in previous reviews we have experienced some of the worst rainfall for many years and I can only apologise for the inconvenience. We are always looking at ways to improve the park and are in talks with our maintenance team.

With regards to the changing area, I am sorry that you found the air conditioning too cold and you didn’t have any hot water, I have reported this back to our maintenance team, who are looking into the issue. I have also reported back to security your concerns about locals coming on site and causing a nuisance. We will be reviewing our current system.

Thank you for your comments regarding our entertainment team, they work extremely hard to provide an entertaining and varied show and I’m glad you and your family enjoyed it. We look forward to having you back to Naze Marine Park Resorts.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

After reading some of the reviews me and my girlfriend were skeptical of the place. However, we had booked last minute for £56 for two nights, which we thought was good value. We had booked a silver caravan, and it was lovely, very clean and modern inside. For the money we paid, the caravan was superb. We also had a swim in the pool which was great, clean as well. The food in the restaurant was lovely, really good value for money. They do many meals two for £10. However, certain aspects were not as good value, £6 for a double archers and lemonade was a bit much! and the bingo was £14 a game which we didn't bother doing, as thought it was way too expensive. However, apart from that, we really enjoyed the trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a caravan near the entertainment centre, as it will be close to that as well as reception an...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James K
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

HI James K,

Thank you very much for your review, I am so pleased that you decided to come and visit Naze Marine despite some of comments that you have read. You would be very surprised at the amount of people who tell us the same thing at reception and about the fact that they will be coming back to see us again and again.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your comments on the whole reflect the results of our own internal guest feedback reports. I do understand your comments regarding the price of the bingo but would also add that this is a linked game and the prize money is so much more if you are lucky enough to win!!!

Hopefully we will see you again at Naze Marine in the future, Very best wishes.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is our 3rd visit to the park and once again out van was acceptable, of course the odd (2) broken blinds and a leaky toilet but clean. However the whole park was a complete quagmire, luckily we had taken our willies and needed them. I don't know what had gone on as there hadn't seemed to be much rain and getting stuff back and forth to your van was a nightmare.

2  Thank Lizzie7042

HI Lizzie,

Thank you for your review on Naze Marine. We are very sorry for the ground conditions when you stayed with us but im pleased to report that with a few days sunshine, things are looking much brighter on the park. Im pleased that you found your accommodation to be clean but I of course apologise if you found some of the items not operating correctly. These are checked before every holiday let but I do hope that once reported to us, we were able to rectify them in good time.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the park at some point in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I went on a family holiday last week to Naze marine with my family for a quick break my youngest is 19 Months and eldest 5. I did not know what to expect as i have not been there before. When we arrived it was like a mud bath, this has clearly not been maintained and was alot of trouble getting around with a buggy.We then went to our caravn we was staying in and it had clearly been rainning the night before because the caravan was damp and cold, to add to this the caravan was also dirty and there was stains on the beds and food still in the sink. We then had to clean the caravan our selfs because when we called management they took too long to come and speak to us. We decided to give it another chance and go down to the club house for dinner but had no luck again there, the club house was over priced and full of clearly locals. The food was not great and the drinks were over priced. Also the gates were open alot of the time and anyone could of walked in, i could not express how dissapointing this was becuase i have two young children and this is such a worry, our caravan was right at the front of the park to my children could not play at the front (this was not my ideal holiday).The only good thing about this holiday was the Swimming pool (which this was average). This was nothing but dissapointment from start to finish i would advice not to go here for a holiday. I have been to Clacton Carravan parks in the past and will definalty be going back there instead of place.

3  Thank Courtney A

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately any amount of maintenance could not have any effect on the grounds with the amount of rain that we have had at the start of this season, Thank fully we have now had a few dry days and the park is starting to look amazing again.

I am very sorry that your accommodation did not meet with your expectations, We take great pride in our accommodation being clean and ready for holiday occupation. As a policy we do not allow the local community in to the facilities at Naze Marine, I am confident that the people in the complex that you thought were locals were either other holiday makers or caravan owners on the park. We also take security of the park and our guests very seriously which is why we offer 24hour cover on the park.

I really do hope that you take a fresh look at Naze Marine, it really is a wonderful place with super facilities and a beautiful beach nearby. I am sure that in better weather your opinion of our park would be a much more pleasing one.

Park Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walton-on-the-Naze
Travelodge Clacton-on-Sea Central
The Kingscliff Hotel
The Kingscliff Hotel
#1 of 1 in Holland-on-Sea
Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Highfield Grange Holiday Park - ...
#11 of 15 in Clacton-on-Sea
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Pa...
#15 of 15 in Clacton-on-Sea
The Royal Albion Public House
The Royal Albion Public House
#3 of 5 in Walton-on-the-Naze
Uplands Guest House
Uplands Guest House
#2 of 2 in Frinton-On-Sea

Been to Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!