“Literally a traveller site?”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Walton-on-the-Naze
Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts
hertfordshire
“Literally a traveller site?”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

On arrival you would expect to go straight to reception to collect your keys, no?? No, here you get sent to the "building with the red roof". So, off we went to collect our keys at 4:00....along with every other person that had to wait until then. The "building with the red roof" was the Club House. People were queueing at one side of the club house for food and there was us looking lost and confused, at the other. We asked the Barman what to do and he picked up the phone at the bar and ten minutes later one of the receptionists came along with packs for us all.
Got to our caravan using a map provided. It was a lovely Bronze caravan 3 bed. Got the gas fire going and the dog found his place in front of it! Kids wanted to use to the arcades. One of our party asked about the water activities and wanted to book one in particular. Nobody got back to him on this. Disappointed.
Later that evening we noticed the toilet floor was wet and nobody had been in there. Later found out to be the toilet leaking. Nice. Luckily a friend fixed it because I had read the reviews about maintenance being slow on here. The weather was absolutely freezing so fire was on constantly. You are provided with one heater and luckily we had brought along another. Even the heaters could not warm that caravan up in the mornings. Absolutely freezing. The bathroom/shower, well, you have to be a size eight supemodel to maneuver in and out of it. Nowhere to put your toiletries in the shower, therefore you have to open the shower door and flood everywhere! But saying all this, it seems we had the better caravan, many people were at reception complaining about theirs. Just my opinion, but this site could be so much better! Not alot to do other than arcades, so take lots of loose change!

3 Thank theotherloosewomen

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Baildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We found this on the internet and stopped with our 2 x 12 yr old daughters and our 3 yr old son from Friday to Monday inclusive. We stayed in a silver caravan.

The caravan seemed totally new. 1 double room and 2 twin bedrooms. New cooker and utensils and pans. Fridge. TV with cable. Radiator in every room. Caravan really good and just what we needed. Only issues were that the boiler went (Easter weekend was the first time many of them had been fired up and the site has 650 plus caravans on it, all of which were full this weekend). Boiler went as pressure dropped - fairly normal - but due to number of people on site it took 5 hours to sort. In hindsight, you would hope that the site put on additional cover to help with such issues when they were full. Only other issue was that the radiator in our bedroom was leaking enough to keep the floor soaking wet - although we didn't bother to report this until leaving.

Site itself - fairly bog standard. Swimming pool ok but seemed small for number of people on site - although to be fair it was never packed. It was rather cold though! It did do water zorbing though which for £3 for 5 mins or so was good enough value for the 2 girls.

Only food we had on site was when we first arrived and got burgers etc and a couple of drinks for £6 a head. Ok food, no problem with it.

Saturday night we went to the on site entertainment. Bingo was a bit of a farce - £14 a head for me and wife only (kids couldn't join in) and initial prizes of up to £3k due to it being linked with all other Park Resorts sites quickly became circa £50 a shot when the linked system didn't work. Only 5 games for that price too, and none were lines plus full house - merely one or the other. A bit of a rip-off and a painful one at that.
Drinks averagely priced - bottles of VK blue approx £3.50 each. A bit of entertainment for the young kids which seemed quite good. We didn't stop for the later entertainment though.

The site does have a shop, although we didn't visit it.

To be fair, had it not been for our luck in hiring a brand new caravan, think we would have been disappointed. It served our purpose for a weekend away however, with much of our time spent at Clacton, 7 miles away.

Will probably stop at a site near Clacton in the future as this site probably not good enough to be the reason to be so far out of that town. Walton itself doesn't have a great deal to it. Chip shop, a few amusements and shops, swimming pool, Chinese restaurant etc.

Room Tip: Cleanliness of caravan good but that might have been because it was new. Other areas looked less cl...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Hi Matt,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review.
I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your caravan, we do like to think that we offer excellent accommodation to all of our guests visiting the park. Please accept my apologies for the boiler and the issue with the radiator. Please make note that if you do visit Park Resorts again, any issue you do have please report when it happens as we will try and resolve ASAP.
Walton is a very popular tourist attraction as we don’t just offer what is on the doorstep – Beautiful beach, small town atmosphere, restaurants, bars, the pier with all of the attractions housed in there etc, but we are also perfectly located to explore the local area and all that has to offer.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to one of our parks in the area again in the future.
UK
Reviewed April 1, 2013

In a bid to relive our childhood we booked an Easter Weekend at Naze Marine. Booked on-line and all smooth.
Arrived early and got passes and had to wait for keys as they had warned on the check in letter.
Got keys and got to van, looked good but key didn't work and after calling out maintenance and they said that it didn't fit we had to return to reception. The new key had obviously not been tested. Second key worked fine. Van was clean, fresh and happy - although decor was dated and could be mislead from the website photos of that grade van. Heating worked well and kitchen well equipped. After an hour we figured that the boiler wasn't working as no hot water in kitchen or bathrooms. Called reception and maintenance returned. They were obviously busy and had lots of calls to be working on, guy tried to get it working without success. Said he'd get someone out. We waited around for a couple of hours relaxing but no-one returned. Called reception again to chase and another maintenance guy came out and tried a few things, but then said he'd need to call the Gas Engineer. Heard nothing until the following morning when we chased for news. They said they would have to move us to another van and would sort it out. We went out for the day and returned to another short wait for another van. Got keys and checked it out and it was a lovely van so we moved shortly after. Kids tuned in to Dr Who and pizza in the oven, couldn't turn the oven off as the knob fell off (maintenance came out again). TV channels very limited (no ITV etc but couldn't call them again!) so we got on.
Entertainment was good, staff a little stressed with selling bingo tickets in a very short space of time. Kids show was a hit and well run.
Food quality was good, if a little slow. Toilets in the showbar were not good and no change through the evening so were not being checked.
As we were only there for a few days we still had fun and got over the initial issues.
Advise the park would be to do some simple checks before letting the vans but I doubt staff would have time. I would have thought that this being the start of the season some of these issues would have been sorted.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hi Susie,
Thank you for your post regarding your stay at Naze Marine Holiday Park – We welcome all feedback as it’s the only way that we can really deliver where our customers want outstanding service and customer care.
I’m pleased that you had fun at this park, however apolgise for the issues you had during your stay - we really do try to ensure that all guests tastes are catered for.
As you mentioned it's the beginning of the season, however this shouldn't be an excuse for the issues you had. I'm glad we resolved you issues on site, please don't hesitate to contact park management as soon as you have an issue, as we can aim to resolve this problem whilst you're on site rather than at a later date.
Again I apologise for the issues that you experienced, I have passed your comments to department managers to ensure that these issues do not arise again, however I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back to the park again in the future.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were looking forward to our Easter break. I know the weather has been bad but we arrived with our tourer to a site that we couldn't tow on to. My husband had a go, but got stuck and had to be pulled out by tractor. We then had to pitch on the road. When i complained at reception, i was told they'd tried to ring the day before, but we never received a call. While i was in reception it was chaos, it was full of people complaining about their hire vans. The lady who dealt with my complaint did'nt seem that concerned and made me feel like it was my fault for not receiving their phone call the previous day. The touring field should have been closed and all people who had booked should've got their money back. Until they surface the field with hard standings and invest in some drainage, the touring field is not fit for purpose.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank karsmithski
Essex
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We only paid £25.00 for our stay so we cant complain at all, however had we have booked a static caravan I would be disappointed.

We arrived at 6.30 pm and a lady who was just leaving said "your pass is at the complex", but although I had questions (this was our first every caravan trip) she was clearly on her way home and couldnt stop. So we drove through the site looking for the "complex" We did see an entertainment complex but I didnt realise this was what we needed, so having no idea where we were going we ended up going around the one way system getting stuck every where behind parked cars and other obstructions as we watched the light slip away. I can assure you that the atmosphere in our car was getting heated LOL Had she have been a little more helpful Im sure this could have been easier.

So I went into the Bar to ask for directions, and ended up being pointed to the bar area, where I spoke to a rather dim bar maid and I have to say it was one of the most painful conversations Ive ever had ;-) She pulled out a box of welcome packs and started flipping through the names... of course she hasnt ASKED me my name yet, so I was wondering what she was looking for... My picture ?? After several minutes she realised her mistake and asked my name, This pretty much sums up how much help she was, With every question I asked she just reffered me to the "Map" In the end I gave up and found my own way.

The site was very muddy but we were happy in our little caravan, We did ask for help when we reliased we had forgotton our gas spanner, and after asking at reception we were told that some one would be over... but this never happened!

The Pool: The pool was clean but FREEZING, as were the changing rooms, the floor was so cold you pretty much couldnt stand on it, In honesty I felt like a bad mum pudtting my kids through it. To make it worse there were no hot showers Our kids went blue with in 10 minutes and we had to get out (and went to the one down the road)

We enjoyed the arcade except we won a load of tickets but the machine wouldnt work to give the kids their prize and although a lady tried to get the machine to work we eventually had to give up, again a bit sad for the kiddies :-(

One VERY good point was that when it came to towing us out of the mud the guys were ready and waiting!

We just treated this as an adventure, for all the bad points we still had a great time as a family

2 Thank Mrs_Theckston
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hi Mrs Theckston

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at Naze Marine.

I am sorry for the confusion with finding the touring area at the park – I have passed on your comments to my team to ensure that future guests are given the correct information.

It is such a shame that the weather was not helping with the muddy conditions on the touring area, we have just experienced one of the wettest March months on record and this did, as you have explained make the area less than favourable. We are at hand if guests need help on and off the touring area and I’m pleased that you found our staff helpful.

It would be lovely if you decided to join us again when the weather improves so you can see the standards that we set ourselves being constantly delivered.

I’m sure that you will also be pleased to hear that the pool is now heated to 29 degrees too, it’s a major attraction for the park & lots of activities taking place in there so if you do decide to stay again, please come and see me in the reception and I will be able to give you the full details of all that we have on offer.

If you still have the tickets for the arcade, please send them to me and I will arrange for prizes to be sent out to you, If you could just let me know if your children are boys or girls and I will ensure that appropriate prizes are sent.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope that we will see you again in the future.
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have never written a review before but this place was so bad, here we go.

Caravan
On arrival at Naze Marine Holiday Park (approximately 2pm), we eventually found Reception (poorly signposted) and were given a key. Expecting our holiday to get off to a good start instead, we were given an already occupied caravan. Returning to reception, we were then issued with another caravan key in a less desirable location with the explanation that there had been some moving about following complaints about the standard of the accommodation (fully understand why and wished we had got there first).

The caravan we were subsequently allocated was not “Gold Plus”. We discovered upon arrival that the toilet seat was missing in the en-suite, the mugs, glasses, utensils and cutlery were dirty, the two sharp knives were damaged and unusable, plastic bowls (yes plastic) were old and in need of replacement, there was dirty clothing under the seating as well as food debris, the sink and worktops were unclean. There was a smell in the bathroom coming from a dirty mat. The surfaces of the counter tops and tables were tacky and dirty. Outside on the veranda there was a table in a poor state of repair with a dirty ashtray. The seating had a strange smell in the lounge and the carpet was badly stained and filthy.

We returned to Reception and asked to be moved to another caravan. We were told that they were fully booked and they were unable to reallocate us. We were reassured that the housekeeping team would come and clean the caravan and the issues would be resolved.

The toilet seat was repaired within 10 minutes and the Acting Head of Housekeeping came to the caravan. They assured us that the caravan would be cleaned and a new set of cutlery, knives, mugs and glasses would be provided. We were told that the caravan was a sublet and that they were not responsible. However, we had booked and paid through Park Resorts, we had not booked a sublet and did not expect to be given a private caravan but a company owned one.

A set of glasses, mugs, cutlery were provided, and although they were not scrupulously clean, they were an improvement. However, nobody came to clean the caravan and the knives were never replaced. Despite seeing the Acting Head of Housekeeping later on that day and being reassured that the ‘most meticulous member of housekeeping’ would come and clean in addition to replacing the knives this never happened.

On the final day of our holiday, we discovered dog bowls tucked away under the sink, which would account for the smell in the caravan generally and on the furniture in particular. It also explains the itchiness and runny noses that we suffered whilst staying in this accommodation.

Having paid Park Resorts for Gold Plus ‘a caravan with luxury fixtures and fittings, non-smoking and pet free’ we were severely disappointed to say the least.

Parking / Park Layout
It is a shame (as others have mentioned) that they have crammed a caravan into every space they can, (just because you can doesn’t mean you should) creating a claustrophobic feeling. The parking is an absolute nightmare with people parking on double yellows, blocking roads, double parking, parking on the grass next to caravans, the spaces in a lot of places are not clearly defined with people dumping cars where they want or can. If you dare to move your car (escape for the day) you may come back to find that you have to park it a long walk away.

Entertainment
The company entertainment left a lot to be desired. The Sparky performances are pre recorded and prevent any interaction with the children as it just rolls on regardless of what the children are doing or saying.

The priority of the company is “don’t forget the bingo tickets” “ you have x minutes left to buy tickets” this is said throughout performances and children’s activities interrupting the flow.
This is obviously a big earner for the group and I understand that whilst its entertaining for some, it’s over the top advertising and is just hard sell throughout the day at every opportunity. This is also given a prime time slot and breaks the children’s entertainment and brings it to an abrupt stop regardless of whether the children had finished what they were doing or not.

With entertainment being a big selling point for choosing this company we felt extremely let down and ripped off.

Swimming Pool
The swimming pool area is well maintained and the lifeguards are very prompt in addressing any dangerous actions. It gets full very quick with limited spaces, which is very good although it does mean that you cannot be spontaneous. This said there are not sufficient changing rooms to cope with the amount of people requiring them at the same time.

The food was expensive for what it was, that’s why with a lot of other options very close by we always walked (see parking) to the various pubs, restaurants and chip shops.

Location
The park is located very close to a beautiful beach and family friendly village. With lots to do in the surrounding area, which is good allowing you to spend as little time in the maze (Cell block H) as we affectionately called the park.

Conclusion
This was the first time we have used Park Resorts (wish we had listened to the other poor reviews, worse mistake we have ever made) having used Haven, Hoseasons, Parkdean Holidays and small independent family run Caravan Parks before.

I am not new to the caravan experience and do not have over the top expectations with regards to caravans, cleanliness and caravan park family entertainment. I expect to get what I have paid my very hard earned money for.

Please read and believe the other poor reviews and learn by our mistakes.

Thankfully we had booked our second week at another site, Sadly It was also with Park Resorts so you could imagine how much we were looking forward to going there.

Enjoy your Holidays (elsewhere)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Stocklec
Hi

Firstly thank you for your review, I can assure you that all reviews are taken very seriously and we do work very hard to ensure that all comments made are, where possible acted upon.

I note from your feedback that you visited in August 2012.

It gives me no pleasure to read comments such as the ones that you made, the standards that you have described are clearly unacceptable and I sincerely apologise.

I would like to reassure you that for the 2013 season we have listened to the comments that our valued guests have made, and where possible made changes to ensure that guests who choose to visit us will get a great holiday, with excellent customer service standards to match.

As you have quite rightly stated, Walton on the Naze is a lovely place to visit with a super beach and lovely small town atmosphere.

Thank you once again for your comments, if you would like to discuss the issues that you have raised personally please feel free to contact me at the park.
Black Notley, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

On arrival it is obvious that they have jammed as many caravans in as possible,
Staff were fairly helpful.
Our caravan was dirty and had seen better days, bed sheets where clean but had been patched up,
The bathroom had black mould around the stink and shower,
Outside various items of junk had been thrown under the caravan along with used nappies.
The large refuse bins were overflowing and only got emptied on the morning we left.
The restaurant had limited food available and there was a long wait for it.
Swimming pool was clean but was closed most of the time.
The club house is too small for the campsite so you hadn't a hope in hell of getting a seat, no air-con just four electric fans bolted to the wall.
Security in and out the campsite was non excisent, what's the point of giving patrons a fob to raise the barrier when it was left open all week?
We have been to over a dozen park resort campsites and they have been great but this one sucks. Park Resorts please sort it out.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Plasticbertrand
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I am really to hear sorry that you feel some of the facilities at Naze Marine did not meet with your expectations. We do try very hard to ensure that we provide safe and clean accommodation as well as facilities that our customers really want. We have made many investments for the 2013 season including air conditioning in the main club room, a new entertainment team and entertainment programme so that everyone will be fully entertained throughout their stay. We have also invested heavily in ensuring that all of our accommodation is of a very high standard. We take on board all customer feedback and we use this feedback to ensure that our park offers our guests everything required for an enjoyable stay, so I would like to thank you for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walton-on-the-Naze
The Kingscliff Hotel
The Langtry Hotel
The Langtry Hotel
#11 of 17 in Clacton-on-Sea
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Pa...
#12 of 13 in Clacton-on-Sea

Been to Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!