We found this on the internet and stopped with our 2 x 12 yr old daughters and our 3 yr old son from Friday to Monday inclusive. We stayed in a silver caravan.
The caravan seemed totally new. 1 double room and 2 twin bedrooms. New cooker and utensils and pans. Fridge. TV with cable. Radiator in every room. Caravan really good and just what we needed. Only issues were that the boiler went (Easter weekend was the first time many of them had been fired up and the site has 650 plus caravans on it, all of which were full this weekend). Boiler went as pressure dropped - fairly normal - but due to number of people on site it took 5 hours to sort. In hindsight, you would hope that the site put on additional cover to help with such issues when they were full. Only other issue was that the radiator in our bedroom was leaking enough to keep the floor soaking wet - although we didn't bother to report this until leaving.
Site itself - fairly bog standard. Swimming pool ok but seemed small for number of people on site - although to be fair it was never packed. It was rather cold though! It did do water zorbing though which for £3 for 5 mins or so was good enough value for the 2 girls.
Only food we had on site was when we first arrived and got burgers etc and a couple of drinks for £6 a head. Ok food, no problem with it.
Saturday night we went to the on site entertainment. Bingo was a bit of a farce - £14 a head for me and wife only (kids couldn't join in) and initial prizes of up to £3k due to it being linked with all other Park Resorts sites quickly became circa £50 a shot when the linked system didn't work. Only 5 games for that price too, and none were lines plus full house - merely one or the other. A bit of a rip-off and a painful one at that.
Drinks averagely priced - bottles of VK blue approx £3.50 each. A bit of entertainment for the young kids which seemed quite good. We didn't stop for the later entertainment though.
The site does have a shop, although we didn't visit it.
To be fair, had it not been for our luck in hiring a brand new caravan, think we would have been disappointed. It served our purpose for a weekend away however, with much of our time spent at Clacton, 7 miles away.
Will probably stop at a site near Clacton in the future as this site probably not good enough to be the reason to be so far out of that town. Walton itself doesn't have a great deal to it. Chip shop, a few amusements and shops, swimming pool, Chinese restaurant etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You're in for an amazing time at Naze Marine! Watch the boats come in on the Naze and enjoy the superb views from the Park. Facilities include heated indoor pool with children's splash pool and adventure playground. Holiday price included beds made up for your arrival, entertainment passes and access to facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Hotel Walton-On-The-Naze
- Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts Walton-On-The-Naze, Essex