We only paid £25.00 for our stay so we cant complain at all, however had we have booked a static caravan I would be disappointed.
We arrived at 6.30 pm and a lady who was just leaving said "your pass is at the complex", but although I had questions (this was our first every caravan trip) she was clearly on her way home and couldnt stop. So we drove through the site looking for the "complex" We did see an entertainment complex but I didnt realise this was what we needed, so having no idea where we were going we ended up going around the one way system getting stuck every where behind parked cars and other obstructions as we watched the light slip away. I can assure you that the atmosphere in our car was getting heated LOL Had she have been a little more helpful Im sure this could have been easier.
So I went into the Bar to ask for directions, and ended up being pointed to the bar area, where I spoke to a rather dim bar maid and I have to say it was one of the most painful conversations Ive ever had ;-) She pulled out a box of welcome packs and started flipping through the names... of course she hasnt ASKED me my name yet, so I was wondering what she was looking for... My picture ?? After several minutes she realised her mistake and asked my name, This pretty much sums up how much help she was, With every question I asked she just reffered me to the "Map" In the end I gave up and found my own way.
The site was very muddy but we were happy in our little caravan, We did ask for help when we reliased we had forgotton our gas spanner, and after asking at reception we were told that some one would be over... but this never happened!
The Pool: The pool was clean but FREEZING, as were the changing rooms, the floor was so cold you pretty much couldnt stand on it, In honesty I felt like a bad mum pudtting my kids through it. To make it worse there were no hot showers Our kids went blue with in 10 minutes and we had to get out (and went to the one down the road)
We enjoyed the arcade except we won a load of tickets but the machine wouldnt work to give the kids their prize and although a lady tried to get the machine to work we eventually had to give up, again a bit sad for the kiddies :-(
One VERY good point was that when it came to towing us out of the mud the guys were ready and waiting!
We just treated this as an adventure, for all the bad points we still had a great time as a family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You're in for an amazing time at Naze Marine! Watch the boats come in on the Naze and enjoy the superb views from the Park. Facilities include heated indoor pool with children's splash pool and adventure playground. Holiday price included beds made up for your arrival, entertainment passes and access to facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Hotel Walton-On-The-Naze
- Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts Walton-On-The-Naze, Essex