“So Bad it was Brilliant ;-) But dont expect any help (Touring)”

Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We only paid £25.00 for our stay so we cant complain at all, however had we have booked a static caravan I would be disappointed.

We arrived at 6.30 pm and a lady who was just leaving said "your pass is at the complex", but although I had questions (this was our first every caravan trip) she was clearly on her way home and couldnt stop. So we drove through the site looking for the "complex" We did see an entertainment complex but I didnt realise this was what we needed, so having no idea where we were going we ended up going around the one way system getting stuck every where behind parked cars and other obstructions as we watched the light slip away. I can assure you that the atmosphere in our car was getting heated LOL Had she have been a little more helpful Im sure this could have been easier.

So I went into the Bar to ask for directions, and ended up being pointed to the bar area, where I spoke to a rather dim bar maid and I have to say it was one of the most painful conversations Ive ever had ;-) She pulled out a box of welcome packs and started flipping through the names... of course she hasnt ASKED me my name yet, so I was wondering what she was looking for... My picture ?? After several minutes she realised her mistake and asked my name, This pretty much sums up how much help she was, With every question I asked she just reffered me to the "Map" In the end I gave up and found my own way.

The site was very muddy but we were happy in our little caravan, We did ask for help when we reliased we had forgotton our gas spanner, and after asking at reception we were told that some one would be over... but this never happened!

The Pool: The pool was clean but FREEZING, as were the changing rooms, the floor was so cold you pretty much couldnt stand on it, In honesty I felt like a bad mum pudtting my kids through it. To make it worse there were no hot showers Our kids went blue with in 10 minutes and we had to get out (and went to the one down the road)

We enjoyed the arcade except we won a load of tickets but the machine wouldnt work to give the kids their prize and although a lady tried to get the machine to work we eventually had to give up, again a bit sad for the kiddies :-(

One VERY good point was that when it came to towing us out of the mud the guys were ready and waiting!

We just treated this as an adventure, for all the bad points we still had a great time as a family

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mrs_Theckston
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Hi Mrs Theckston

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at Naze Marine.

I am sorry for the confusion with finding the touring area at the park – I have passed on your comments to my team to ensure that future guests are given the correct information.

It is such a shame that the weather was not helping with the muddy conditions on the touring area, we have just experienced one of the wettest March months on record and this did, as you have explained make the area less than favourable. We are at hand if guests need help on and off the touring area and I’m pleased that you found our staff helpful.

It would be lovely if you decided to join us again when the weather improves so you can see the standards that we set ourselves being constantly delivered.

I’m sure that you will also be pleased to hear that the pool is now heated to 29 degrees too, it’s a major attraction for the park & lots of activities taking place in there so if you do decide to stay again, please come and see me in the reception and I will be able to give you the full details of all that we have on offer.

If you still have the tickets for the arcade, please send them to me and I will arrange for prizes to be sent out to you, If you could just let me know if your children are boys or girls and I will ensure that appropriate prizes are sent.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope that we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have never written a review before but this place was so bad, here we go.

Caravan
On arrival at Naze Marine Holiday Park (approximately 2pm), we eventually found Reception (poorly signposted) and were given a key. Expecting our holiday to get off to a good start instead, we were given an already occupied caravan. Returning to reception, we were then issued with another caravan key in a less desirable location with the explanation that there had been some moving about following complaints about the standard of the accommodation (fully understand why and wished we had got there first).

The caravan we were subsequently allocated was not “Gold Plus”. We discovered upon arrival that the toilet seat was missing in the en-suite, the mugs, glasses, utensils and cutlery were dirty, the two sharp knives were damaged and unusable, plastic bowls (yes plastic) were old and in need of replacement, there was dirty clothing under the seating as well as food debris, the sink and worktops were unclean. There was a smell in the bathroom coming from a dirty mat. The surfaces of the counter tops and tables were tacky and dirty. Outside on the veranda there was a table in a poor state of repair with a dirty ashtray. The seating had a strange smell in the lounge and the carpet was badly stained and filthy.

We returned to Reception and asked to be moved to another caravan. We were told that they were fully booked and they were unable to reallocate us. We were reassured that the housekeeping team would come and clean the caravan and the issues would be resolved.

The toilet seat was repaired within 10 minutes and the Acting Head of Housekeeping came to the caravan. They assured us that the caravan would be cleaned and a new set of cutlery, knives, mugs and glasses would be provided. We were told that the caravan was a sublet and that they were not responsible. However, we had booked and paid through Park Resorts, we had not booked a sublet and did not expect to be given a private caravan but a company owned one.

A set of glasses, mugs, cutlery were provided, and although they were not scrupulously clean, they were an improvement. However, nobody came to clean the caravan and the knives were never replaced. Despite seeing the Acting Head of Housekeeping later on that day and being reassured that the ‘most meticulous member of housekeeping’ would come and clean in addition to replacing the knives this never happened.

On the final day of our holiday, we discovered dog bowls tucked away under the sink, which would account for the smell in the caravan generally and on the furniture in particular. It also explains the itchiness and runny noses that we suffered whilst staying in this accommodation.

Having paid Park Resorts for Gold Plus ‘a caravan with luxury fixtures and fittings, non-smoking and pet free’ we were severely disappointed to say the least.

Parking / Park Layout
It is a shame (as others have mentioned) that they have crammed a caravan into every space they can, (just because you can doesn’t mean you should) creating a claustrophobic feeling. The parking is an absolute nightmare with people parking on double yellows, blocking roads, double parking, parking on the grass next to caravans, the spaces in a lot of places are not clearly defined with people dumping cars where they want or can. If you dare to move your car (escape for the day) you may come back to find that you have to park it a long walk away.

Entertainment
The company entertainment left a lot to be desired. The Sparky performances are pre recorded and prevent any interaction with the children as it just rolls on regardless of what the children are doing or saying.

The priority of the company is “don’t forget the bingo tickets” “ you have x minutes left to buy tickets” this is said throughout performances and children’s activities interrupting the flow.
This is obviously a big earner for the group and I understand that whilst its entertaining for some, it’s over the top advertising and is just hard sell throughout the day at every opportunity. This is also given a prime time slot and breaks the children’s entertainment and brings it to an abrupt stop regardless of whether the children had finished what they were doing or not.

With entertainment being a big selling point for choosing this company we felt extremely let down and ripped off.

Swimming Pool
The swimming pool area is well maintained and the lifeguards are very prompt in addressing any dangerous actions. It gets full very quick with limited spaces, which is very good although it does mean that you cannot be spontaneous. This said there are not sufficient changing rooms to cope with the amount of people requiring them at the same time.

The food was expensive for what it was, that’s why with a lot of other options very close by we always walked (see parking) to the various pubs, restaurants and chip shops.

Location
The park is located very close to a beautiful beach and family friendly village. With lots to do in the surrounding area, which is good allowing you to spend as little time in the maze (Cell block H) as we affectionately called the park.

Conclusion
This was the first time we have used Park Resorts (wish we had listened to the other poor reviews, worse mistake we have ever made) having used Haven, Hoseasons, Parkdean Holidays and small independent family run Caravan Parks before.

I am not new to the caravan experience and do not have over the top expectations with regards to caravans, cleanliness and caravan park family entertainment. I expect to get what I have paid my very hard earned money for.

Please read and believe the other poor reviews and learn by our mistakes.

Thankfully we had booked our second week at another site, Sadly It was also with Park Resorts so you could imagine how much we were looking forward to going there.

Enjoy your Holidays (elsewhere)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Stocklec

Hi

Firstly thank you for your review, I can assure you that all reviews are taken very seriously and we do work very hard to ensure that all comments made are, where possible acted upon.

I note from your feedback that you visited in August 2012.

It gives me no pleasure to read comments such as the ones that you made, the standards that you have described are clearly unacceptable and I sincerely apologise.

I would like to reassure you that for the 2013 season we have listened to the comments that our valued guests have made, and where possible made changes to ensure that guests who choose to visit us will get a great holiday, with excellent customer service standards to match.

As you have quite rightly stated, Walton on the Naze is a lovely place to visit with a super beach and lovely small town atmosphere.

Thank you once again for your comments, if you would like to discuss the issues that you have raised personally please feel free to contact me at the park.

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

On arrival it is obvious that they have jammed as many caravans in as possible,
Staff were fairly helpful.
Our caravan was dirty and had seen better days, bed sheets where clean but had been patched up,
The bathroom had black mould around the stink and shower,
Outside various items of junk had been thrown under the caravan along with used nappies.
The large refuse bins were overflowing and only got emptied on the morning we left.
The restaurant had limited food available and there was a long wait for it.
Swimming pool was clean but was closed most of the time.
The club house is too small for the campsite so you hadn't a hope in hell of getting a seat, no air-con just four electric fans bolted to the wall.
Security in and out the campsite was non excisent, what's the point of giving patrons a fob to raise the barrier when it was left open all week?
We have been to over a dozen park resort campsites and they have been great but this one sucks. Park Resorts please sort it out.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Plasticbertrand
Park R, General Manager at Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

I am really to hear sorry that you feel some of the facilities at Naze Marine did not meet with your expectations. We do try very hard to ensure that we provide safe and clean accommodation as well as facilities that our customers really want. We have made many investments for the 2013 season including air conditioning in the main club room, a new entertainment team and entertainment programme so that everyone will be fully entertained throughout their stay. We have also invested heavily in ensuring that all of our accommodation is of a very high standard. We take on board all customer feedback and we use this feedback to ensure that our park offers our guests everything required for an enjoyable stay, so I would like to thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were on the touring site, weather was superb, so the grass pitches were ok, bit of a mish mash the way there laid out, but when we arrived we had a choice of plenty and parked up near the shower and toilet block, they were kept nice and clean, entertainement was average, but a good site for going down the beach at Walton as it was only 1/4 mile up the road.We had our grandchildren with us they enjoyed the swimming pool, the playground equipment was pretty basic and they soon got fed up with but the beach they loved.
Not a great deal to do at Walton, but nice chill out break.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Hello Kim and thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Naze Marine. There is so much to do in the local area so if you decide to visit us again we have lots of tourist information in Reception to help you plan your fun packed days. Our staff are also on hand to ensure that you have all the information you need to really make the most of the time that you spend with us.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Booked a Gold Plus caravan and it was immaculately clean. The heating kept us toasty, but the only negatives as regards accommodation were the gas ran out the first night, but a stroll over to to the clubhouse got it changed in 20 mins,
The other minor point was that there was no freezer box in the fridge, It didn't bother me as I was only there for three days, but in the summer that would've been enought to make me demand a change of caravan.

The site was winding down and we were there for literally the last couple of days before it closed.
There were signs stating some food / drink items were unavailable, but I had no problems ordering a meal for eight - It came quickly and was freshly cooked!

I had the breakfast there as well, and it was equally enjoyable.

I found the pool changing rooms slightly stuff / smelly on this occasion, but I always go in the summer so maybe it was because the heating was on and external doors were closed?

Entertainment was as good as usual, but I always leave just after the 'madness and mahhem' part as I've got young children.
The only critism I have is about the organisation of the kids halloween costume competition. You had to turn up in full make up / costume at one o'clock in order to be entered to the competion over six hours later that evening.
That was just too long away, and I was not making up my four young children twice in one day lol!
It meant that a lot of kids with great costumes didn't get entered at all, which was a shame.

Other than that it was great, and I'd definately go back again same time next year!

I'm gutted the entertainment team are being redeployed elsewhere as they were great with my children.
We were there for ten days in the summer, lord knows how many children they deal with in total, and we walk in months later to find they've remembered all of their names and it was like we'd never left!

It's those little personal touches that make it so enjoyable there - Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Hi and thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review for us. I’m really pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Naze Marine. I appreciate your comments regarding the Halloween entertainment, as we will take this on board and ensure we improve for next year. Your correct that the entertainment team is moving parks for the 2013 season, however I’m delighted to let you know that we have some fantastic new entertainers joining us for next year headed by Danni who is the most amazing vocalist and entertainer! I’m sure that 2013 will be the best ever! Thanks again.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have already reviewed this park last year. We enjoyed it so much then that we have gone back when we can this year. We stayed for a weekend in May and then two weeks during the summer holidays and have just returned from the last week of the season.

I do not know why some people give the park such a bad review. Everyone here is very friendly and the entertainment staff are exceptional. We had a problem with our van in the summer. The toilet was leaking. We were given a bar voucher to use while they tried to sort out the problem. Unfortunately they could not get it sorted, and they were fully booked. They bent over backwards to get us another van and we were eventually given a very nice sales van for the two weeks. This did delay us getting into our accommodation by a total of 3 1/2 hours but the rest of the holiday more than made up for it.

As previously mentioned the entertainments team are fantastic here. They go out of their way to keeps everyone happy. If you have children I would recommend the morning and afternoon clubs put on by the team stars. All the children thoroughly enjoy these clubs. There are plenty of chances to win prizes and certificates. My daughter could almost wallpaper her walls with the certificates she has picked up over the last two years lol. The children are also entertained in the evening with some activities while the bingo tickets are being sold and then during Madness and Mayhem where the children get the chance to go on stage and play games or join in games on the dance floor to win more prizes. All children get a chance to participate, and they have great fun.

Another good thing is that the children get plenty of opportunity to have their photo taken with the characters - Sparky, Sparkle and Naarky. We have been to other parks where they have a photographer who takes the photos and then charges (usually quite alot of money for a small photo) . At Park Resorts you can go and take a photo of your child.

The worst thing about this park is the swimming pool changing rooms. There are a limited number of cubicles which are accessed from both the pool side and the entrance side which at busy times can cause problems. I would suggest getting ready for a swim before leaving your van and possibly walking back with a towel around you at the end. The swimming pool itself is lovely and warm. There are lots of noodles and other things that you can play with in the pool. Even the deep end is only chest height so it is ideal for children.

The park is clean (unless you go looking for dirt). Holiday makers need to take some of the responsibility and not litter the place (there are plenty of bins) and be more careful with where they put out their cigarettes. No-one can be expected to be running around cleaning up after guests every minute of the day. If you report a problem it is usually sorted quickly.

This is a family park, and a great one. Walton-on-the-Naze is a lovely small seaside town and Naze Marine is ideally situated for all the amenities that Walton has to offer. It is right opposite the sandy beach, which ideal for building sandcastles.

We would go back again. It almost feels like a second home to us now and there have been many happy memories over the last two years that we will never forget.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Bealfamily004

Thank you so much for this excellent review. It’s really very pleasing to see that on repeated occasions you have had a great time on your breaks and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Welwyn Garden City
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We knew we weren't going to get a 5* holiday having booked via the Sun holiday promotion at the end of season but we didn't expect such poor service, choice and cleanliness of communal areas. The van was basic but expected (one bulb in a bedroom wasn't working but we swapped it for one in the corridor we could live without). The pull out bed in the lounge was odd with bits of cushion to lay on abit of mdf board but we worked it out eventually. Communal areas looked tired and scruffy. A lot smaller than we expected especially the changing rooms in the pool - there are only 3! End of season visits and you know the entertainment won't be as full on as high season but we thought we'd get more than half hour of the rabbit mascot. A few silly dances some innuendos whilst 'conversing' with the entertainment host and we were glad our children are all under the age of 4. The restaurant staff couldn't raise a smile between them and the entire menu was reduced in choice but you didn't know this until you ordered and the 'chef' popped his head out of the kitchen and told you your choice wasn't available. We ordered macaroni cheese for two of the children and literally 1 min later this white slop appeared in the middle of an adult size plate. It was clearly tinned/packet stuff and not a piece of greenery in site - even a few slices of cucumber would have improved things. It was very poor quality for all the meals and even worse value for money.
The surrounding areas are your usually seaside entertainment and coast walks etc which would be fun if you rely on the weather!
All in all, having been on quite a few Sun promo holidays, this was the worst and we won't be visiting Naze Marine again and probably would think twice about any Park Resort venue.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for your taking the time to provide a review of your stay at Naze Marine. As the General Manager of the park I would like to think that we provide the same level of service whatever the time of year. My team are aware of my expectations on this and your comments have been most helpful to me. We receive lots of positive reviews of our park and we want to take the standards that our customers want, and deliver them consistently on our park. That is why comments such as yours are so very important to us. We do listen and I’m sure that should you decide to holiday with us again you will see our usual high standards being delivered. Thanks once again for your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walton-on-the-Naze
Travelodge Clacton-on-Sea Central
The Kingscliff Hotel
The Kingscliff Hotel
#1 of 1 in Holland-on-Sea
Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Highfield Grange Holiday Park - ...
#10 of 15 in Clacton-on-Sea
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Pa...
#14 of 15 in Clacton-on-Sea
The Royal Albion Public House
The Royal Albion Public House
#3 of 5 in Walton-on-the-Naze
Uplands Guest House
Uplands Guest House
#2 of 2 in Frinton-On-Sea

Been to Naze Marine Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!