Hotel-Restaurant Alpenblick
Alpine-Inn by Jungfrau Hotel(Wilderswil)(Great Value!)
$135
Jungfrau Hotel(Wilderswil)(Great Value!)
$174
Hotel Berghof Amarant(Wilderswil)(Great Value!)
$165
Waldhotel Unspunnen(Interlaken)(Great Value!)
$122
$102
Hotels.com
Hotel de la Paix(Interlaken)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Schonbuhl(Wilderswil)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrail discoveriesmichelin stargourmet restaurantlovely swisspacked lunchfive coursesexcellent hoteldining roomgault millau pointsrooms varymeat fonduemouth wateroutstanding foodcarrot souplocal ingredientsby accidentfamily owned hotel
Reviewed April 3, 2014

As written by many previous visitors, I stayed here for a week in february on part of trip by treyn rail journeys. Read the reviews before arrival and usually take note, on this occasion when we were shown to our room on the third floor it reminded me of youth hostels not that I have stayed in one, Hessian wallpaper, old fashioned portable television, handbasin in room and walk in cupboard that was the bathroom! This was my 50th birthday treat. It was resolved I should of upgraded as many clients did, we did upgrade to a suite which after negotiating cost 200 Swiss francs more, we won't say too much about the hole in the bed sheet in the old room. New room was fantastic, food in restaurant was superb, although breakfast was continental you could have scrambled eggs at an extra charge. As many other reviewers have said packed lunches are terrible, we did ask if we could have brown bread which was a lot better for a few days, then it was back to white dry bread! Interesting boiled eggs the shells had been dyed, my husband gave one to a Chinese student who was in awe over this egg, pleasant stay with no snow in widerswil!

Room Tip: Don't choose 3rd floor they need revamping
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank claire r
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Six nights spent as part of an all inclusive package with Treyn. Our first visit to Switzerland, and unlikely to be our last. This charming and comfortable hotel, filled with Swiss memorabilia, welcomed us with enthusiasm and excellent breakfasts and dinners each day of our stay. If only lunch could have included some of the more delicious and adventurous breads we enjoyed at breakfast, our joy would have been complete. However, it was good to have the lunch prepared for us, and together with the wine served generously with dinner made this the perfect place to explore the delights of the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Higher floors are warmer, good for colder days.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jenny P
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed unexpectedly for one night at this charming, traditional family owned hotel in Wilderswil. My room was really quiet and cosy...the restaurant on the first floor offered a good choice of meals. We were met at the station by our host and well looked after during our brief visit.

Room Tip: Some have a balcony but, for a short stay, I probably would not bother. I prefer to be 'in house' to staying in the separate accommodation across the road. However, as I was 'in house' I have no comment...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2013

a lovely 7 day stay; pleasent helpfull staff all with good English, spotless rooms wonderfull food.
One of our party had a problem with cream & eggs this was catered for with no fuss, meals were adapted or a substute dish provided.
it is up to the customer to tell reception when you arrive of your needs.
it is easy to reach with public transport, train station an easy 10 minute walk post bus 2 minutes
from bus stop you get a local travel card from the hotel it gives free travet in the local area.
A peaceful village location with little traffic .

Room Tip: rooms vary in size and decor the cheaper rooms are older & smaller the ambiance rooms have been up dated; some rooms mostly the large & sensory ones are in the chalet next door
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank helviticus
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We really liked this hotel. It's traditionally Swiss, with that lovely chalet look. All wood and polished floors with animal furs on the floors and chairs. A little shabby in places but scrupulously clean and very comfortable. Let me start by saying I would definitely go back again. It's perfectly situated only ten minutes walk from the station. The trains are regular and on time and it's only 5 minutes train ride from Interlaken Ost. The views from the hotel are amazing - from some rooms you can see the Jungfrau. We went as part of an all-inclusive tour so we had dinner in the hotel every night and that was beautifully cooked and presented and very tasty indeed. I believe the chef is Michelin starred! Which makes the state of the packed lunches even more puzzling. They were truly abysmal. The same every day - 2 slices of incredibly dry bread cut in half. One side had cheese and the other ham. A boiled egg and a slice of cake, which on 3 occasions was so stale as to be inedible, and a piece of fruit. My partner is vegetarian so was offered cheese every day. She went to the supermarket and bought hummus and asked them to make this for a change. The next day - cheese again. As we were part of a tour we discussed it with the tour manager but she said nothing - something that we will take up with the holiday company separately. That said, it didn't spoil our holiday - mostly we found it amusing. It's an art form to make sandwiches that badly! Don't let this put you off - just don't get their packed lunches. The hotel is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. Number 6 is very good and has a view of the Jungfrau
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple