“This is a Gem of a hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jungfrau Hotel

Jungfrau Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Wilderswil
Calgary, Canada
“This is a Gem of a hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Ideally located (by car or train); gorgeous mountain views with balcony; super nice staff; great food at on-site restaurant; free train pass; comfortable spacious room with extra long and deep bathtub; free breakfast, parking and in room WiFi; decent price....what's not to love!! You won't regret staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain facing room with balcony
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crjmca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel together with my son from April 4-6, 2013. It is a very nice hotel, great location with a view to the Jungfrau mountain. The food in the hotel's restaurant was excellent. The best thing in the hotel is the outstanding service provided by the very friendly staff! I highly recommend the hotel!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

My review should start before my trip. I had read some excellent reviews on trip advisor and had contacted the staff via email on MULTIPLE occasions. EACH time I was given prompt, pleasant and detailed feedback from the staff.

All communication was in English.

I stayed here for 2 nights in March 2013.

First off I had a mishap with my connecting train and only got in at about 9:00pm, so I was cold and extremely tired from a day of travelling ( around Switzerland after a conference).

What a delight to have a receptive staff! I was met by Evelyn who was so warm and helpful.
She got me all set with passwords to access their Wifi/Adsl for my ipad and phone.

They also offer a card which allows free transport on the local train and buses.

They have many maps with information and bus and train routes as well.

The breakfast is included and has a good spread or breads, cold meats, cheeses, cereals, muesli, jams and butter. Along with juices.
The hotel is in view of a snow capped mountain which is beautiful. This view is fantastic

The dinner was also well prepared, I had a cordon bleu. Courteous staff and I had to check out early the next morning (6:40am), so they arranged for a breakfast box to be prepared for me.

The only real drawback was that the room is very small and the bed a single and small. But the bed was comfortable, the water nice and hot. And the place looks like it is well cared for by the staff/family that runs it.

I would recommend it again and again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kellie A
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed here 4 days/3 nights with my wife and 2 kids (8 and 5). We had a family room with a balcony overlooking a most amazing 180 degree view of the Jungfrau Mountains! To say it was breathtaking is probably a disservice. The kids loved the bunk beds and although the room was nothing over the top, it had everything we needed in a clean and functional fashion. What sets them apart was the service. Granted April is an off peak time, they were extremely helpful, always courteous, and never made us feel uncomfortable for not speaking German. The restaurant was wonderful with equally hospitable staff. My only knock would be the cost of the main dishes, however it is par for the course in Switzerland. Definitely will stay here again!

P.S. the Barely Soup is to die for!

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Daddytourguide
Grimsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

cosy hotel, friendly and helpful staff, the food was just lovely- we tried different sorts and all been very tasty although breakfast didn't have a good variety of food but all was fresh and made a good start for the day.
great location, interlaken easy to reach by train and the hotel gives free train/bus tickets .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank travelerHull_uk
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had a lovely stay here (3 nights in total) it was well worth paying a little extra than the place up the road (with the swimming pool thats not open) and all the bad reviews of people getting charge extra for turning up late- but not here, Jungfrau Hotel was a small n friendly place up a quite side street 2 min walk from the station, it was a great location for us as we were doing the tour of the Jungfrau so we stayed here at the start and the finish catching the trains. we asked if we could leave a bag and ended up leave two and it wasnt a problem they didnt even charge. The best thing about the hotel is definetly the service. It really feels like the staff are happy to serve and help and nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast was excellent - as much as you like n you could even asked for eggs the way you want them cooked and the main guy (cant remember his name but he deserved a special mention stefeno or something?) in the restaurant was great, always smiling and making us and our lad feel welcome. Evening meal was good too. The ladies in reception were most helpful too. Theres nothing worse than when you go abroad n you didnt speak the language and staff are snooty to you and unhelpful but not here they made us feel at home and the guy in the restaurant waved to us thru the window when we left...we felt sad to go. Lovely place!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony especially if u have boots bit more room n they seem to be bigger
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jonathan423
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Jungfrau Hotel. The rooms are small, yes, but everything was neat and clean. The beds were very comfortable and the view from our room was spectacular. I enjoyed being away from the bustle of Interlaken. The train is a 5 minute walk. Breakfast was very good - lots of choices and fresh. You can also get eggs cooked to order. Restaurant was expensive but so is every other restaurant in Interlaken. Food was very good. Staff extremely helpful and very nice.

Room Tip: Top floor will be the most quiet. There is a lot of noise from upstairs rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MadisonChickadee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilderswil
Hotel Roessli
#8 of 40 in Interlaken
Landhotel Golf
Landhotel Golf
#3 of 8 in Unterseen

Been to Jungfrau Hotel? Share your experiences!