“Glorious weekend”
Review of The Rothesay Hotel

The Rothesay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Highcliffe B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Big family anniversary ,superbly well looked after.
Lovely friendly family running a small friendly comfortable hotel.
Close to the beach and good food comfortable and a pool .
Thoroughly recomended . Thanks again to all there

Room Tip: Had a single at the back away from the road noise washing machine for an hour or so nearby noticable...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DAVEJAMES11

Reviewed September 30, 2013

we enjoyed a one night stay at The Rothesay. Unfortunately we were delayed arriving but Michael was very helpful confirming everything by phone making it easier for us when we did arrive. The room was comfortable, adequate facilities and a comfortable bed. Breakfast was good and service excellent. I later found out both of the staff members were family and they were a absolute credit and delivered excellent customer service skills.
The pool looked good but we didn't have the time to make use of this facility sadly.
There is plenty of parking at The Rothesay and is an ideal location for the castle and Christchurch and Lymington.
My only one criticism would be that butter would be appreciated at breakfast but we would definitely return for another stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have stayed here many times before and always have a good time. Michael and Dee are great hosts. The rooms are large, clean and very comfortable. It is great to be able to have sole use of the pool. The breakfast is very good and sets you up for the day. The location means you can get to Highcliffe Castle and the sea very easily.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Arrived at this hotel to be greeted by the owner with tea and cake and a very comprehensive info talk re the hotel and local area in fact everything you need to know when arriving at a new place.
Went to our room -fine then opened the door to the en-suite to be greeted by an electric towel rail on the wall which should have been white but was rust covered - not a good way to present a bathroom.
The rest of the bathroom was adequate, room clean and looked after, hotel in good order and undergoing some renovation. Breakfast was delightful and very adequate. On the whole a good experience but really let down by the first impression of the bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank camvad
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel was reccomended as part of a wedding invitation. The wedding was quite large and I found that a lot of the hotels were fully booked. However I managed to make a reservation at the Rothesay, I recieved a confirmation and they took my card details. Job done - or so I thought. Two weeks later I recieved an email to say that my hotel booking could not be processed as they had confirmed a provisional booking. I responded immediately via email to ask if this was a mistake as I had made the booking two weeks ago and also phoned and left a voicemail, as it stood there were no other hotels now available as two weeks had passed. I recieved no response to the email or the voicemail and I was shocked at the level of customer service - think twice about booking here!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lyann F
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and found it to be an odd experience! it seems as though this place is neither a bed and breakfast nor is it a hotel. Rooms were clean and adequate (we stayed in room 8) our room felt a little unloved. The Rothesay was very clean (except the pool which could do with a scrub). Breakfast was very good and we were welcomed on arrival. Near to the beach and Highcliffe castle is literally a 5 minute walk away. Would I stay here again? probably not, but not the worst hotel I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Avoid a room in the annexe - garden rooms,
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank skindog981
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've not been here in a while but I just remembered it and felt the need to tell everyone just how lovely it was. Loved the rooms, loved the pool, loved the staff, loved the breakfast. Fantastic memories here. Thank you :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple