“Clean linen, clean bathroom, good breakfast, good price”
Review of Beech Tree

Beech Tree
and 1 more site!
Beech Tree
Ranked #6 of 6 Highcliffe B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 25, 2013

As a solo traveller I had the smallest of the rooms (Room 4) but it was quite large enough with a double bed and plenty of space to move around.
Everything was clean and fresh with multi-channel TV and a good supply of tea and coffee ingredients.
Breakfast was very good with the full English being a good plate of food, not just egg and bacon.
Very attentive and obliging owner.
The security (front door) procedure was quite rigorous but necessarily so and meant a good night's sleep for all residents.
I would be happy to return there and more than happy to recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: The Beech Tree is located on quite a busy road so if you're looking for the quieter rooms then a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here for two nights to attend a wedding in Bournemouth. The accommodation was very good although a bit on the small side, the room was very clean and quiet. The hosts were lovely and made us very welcome and breakfast was great. Located a five minute walk from the village, where we had a lovely fish and chip supper and there are all amenities, and a short walk from the beach for wonderful walks.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at the beech tree for one night as I came down for a friends wedding. The owner is very friendly & runs through all the rules etc when you arrive. I was very disappointed when I was told breakfast was only served until 8.40am ! The wedding I was attending did not end until well after midnight & my train home was not until early afternoon. I explained this and being a small B+B I did hope they would be a little more flexible with breakfast times, as I had paid for it and did not know of the time rule until I arrived there ! I was in the smallest room which was comfortable and very clean and did have everything you would need. Unfortunately not only did I miss out on that cooked breakfast (I was not offered anything else, even tea and toast & it was only just after 9am) when I got in the shower the water was nothing more then dripping out and was cold. I kept thinking it just needed time but it was clearly the way it was + I was so looking forward to a nice hot shower. So all in all it was not the best experiance for me personally, however in a different room & no late nights to worry about I'm sure it would of been a much better experiance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Maria W
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at the beech tree. The proprietors were very welcoming polite, courteous and obliging. The room was very clean and comfortable and the service was excellent. Breakfast was lovely with a wide variety of cereal, fruit, juices and of course a delicious full english. We have happy memories of our stay, but most endearing of all will be the memory of the warmth and genuine hospitality we received from Nina and John. We shall certainly be recommending the beech tree to our family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Myself and husband went to the beech tree on the 6th July, for 3 nights.
We we very unlucky, because the weather
for the first 2 days was dreadful. It helped that our room was very pleasent, and was somewhere nice to come back to. The owners were very nice and helpful. The breakfast was lovely, cerial, fruit, juice, toast and a cooked breakfast.
The only problem, that might effect some guests, is the time. If you want a cooked breakfast you need to be down stairs by 8.45am. This was fine with us, but as this was a guest house, that catered for wedding parties, there was a young couple who arrived back late and at 9.15
Was to late for the cooked breakfast. But the owner does let you know, when you arrive of the times. The beds were made everday, There was a television and tea, coffee making facilaties in the room. You can get access to wifi, just ask the owner and he will give you the code. There are a few shops nearby, and a beach within walking distance. There are plenty of resturants and pubs, but you need a car. The Beech Tree has its own parking at the front of the building. Dorset is lovely and we would go back to this B & B again. The only thing we found difficult, was parking in Dorset, their are plenty of car parks, but they are very expensive.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We were in the area for a wedding and decided the Beech tree was a perfect place to stay. We booked six of the seven available rooms and the best man booked the remaining room, with a separate booking. After a lengthy induction by the extremely friendly owner (with emphasis on ensuring the front door to the guest house is securely locked at all times). We thought we'd made a pretty good choice! However, on return from a very pleasant meal, on the eve of the wedding, we discovered there had been a double booking, there was no longer a room available for the last 2 friends to arrive! You can imagine how upsetting this was, considering we had booked 6 rooms in September of the previous year and the best man had also booked his room, during that same week! Unfortunately, the owner failed to admit his mistake! After alot of discussion, and swapping around, and with the usher very kindly agreeing to move to another hotel nearby, and book another room elsewhere, for the next night, we all got a bed!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank weddinggoers
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We really enjoyed our time at this B&B. We were there for three nights. It was a great location to explore the area from and I would strongly recommend it. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family