All reviewstraquair armsbeer gardenthe ownerlovely hotelfish and chipsfood was lovelystaff were lovelyhaggisexploring the areathe pubfamily roomfriendly welcomeshort breakfull scottish breakfastan evening mealhigh standardmountain biking
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed for a weekend with my husband after purchasing a Groupon voucher. I used to visit the hotel as a child and was keen to see how it had changed - I was not disappointed. The room we had was on the top floor, it was a good size, clean and the shower was fab! We had plenty of hot water and the bed was very comfortable. We ate in the bar on the first night and the food was excellent. The portions were large and the food of a high standard, the drinks were also of a reasonable price. We very slept well, the bed was huge and super comfy.
Breakfast was a very quiet affair and to be honest the cold options were very limited and not very appetising, I was starting to feel disappointed but the hot food certainly made up for it. Big portions with fresh ingredients!
On the whole, we really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the hotel and would visit again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
David R, Owner at Traquair Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely after your recent stay and I am glad we didnt disappoint. I will take on board your comments about breakfast too. We pride ourselves on being a warm and welcoming family run hotel with wholesome food and at least we didnt disappoint. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Room small but nicely decorated but no bedside tables or bed side lights so unable to have a read or a drink in bed. Ensuite pretty good but water not very hot and there were no towel rails or hooks to hang towels (only one chair in bedroom and no hooks there). Breakfast and evening meals vey tasty. Could not really recommend to our friends. Our room was noisy on second night noise from fans near kitchen I think but kept going all night!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
David R, Owner at Traquair Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review about your stay and I am sorry to hear you found it disappointing. I have just this week undertaken a review of all rooms and hopefully I have rectified the issue you had re the towel hooks etc. As an old building all our rooms are of different sizes, some much smaller than others so it is difficult to please everyone in that respect.However we pride ourselves on our great homecooked food which you enjoyed. Hopefully you will come and give us another try in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Thank god for Groupons!!!!! with this fantastic deal it means I can frequent the hotel more times than my usual visits. My husband and myself stayed at the hotel last weekend for 4 nights. As usual the Traquair hotel did not disappoint........., excellent food, the room was clean and nicely presented and the location......well, what can I say,,,,, other than absolutely fantastic. The staff were accommodating and the owners Mr Rogers and his wife Jane just could not do enough for you. It is a breath of fresh air to visit a family run hotel where you know your custom is really appreciated. Looking forward to our August break, can't wait.

P.S forgot to mention the excellent choice of whisky!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank walkingborgia

Thankyou for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to seeing you again in August. I will make sure there are lots of whiskies for you to sample.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We bought a Groupon voucher from someone who could no longer go and looked forward to taking our Springer Spaniel for a weekend away. The room was on the top floor, not ideal for a dog. The decor could not possibly have been refurbished as stated on the website - pink walls, green carpet and gold bedspread! There was one bedside cabinet with a handle missing on the bottom drawer, the handle on the wardrobe frequently came off and I had to go on my knees to see in the dressing table mirror. There was only one chair in the room. We had to pivot round the ensuite door to actually get in and close it and we are both quite small. I have never seen towels with so much fraying. Even our dog's towels are in better condition. We ate in the bar on the first evening but wouldn't do it again. The quality of food at breakfast was very disappointing. It should not be so difficult to cut through a fried egg. Yes, we were cowards and didn't complain but no-one even came to reception when we rang to hand in our key on departure. The only saving grace was the barman who was very helpful and friendly and seemed to work all hours.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
David R, Owner at Traquair Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

I am really disappointed to hear you didnt enjoy your stay with us. We have been extremely busy with both the Groupon deals and our regular guests and can only apologize if you found your stay less than comfortable and the food less than top notch.If you had spoken to any member of staff at any time we would have done our utmost to help rectify your issues. As an old building our rooms were not purpose built to house beds with ensuites facilities etc. and therefore are a little quirky. I hope you will return and give us another chance

Reviewed April 21, 2013

IMy friend and i used the Groupon voucher and as we have used them before this was one of the best Value for money The Staff were all so friendly and we were in room 13 Twin bedded with Shower Ensuite and it was pristine we could find no faults and as i do B&B myself i was pleasantly surprised Graham even carried our cases upstairs He is a Treasure hope the owners appreciate him !!! We ate both nights in the restaurant and although it was busy didnt have to wait too long and they served up the BIGGEST fish which again no faults to be found Delicious met some of the locals who again are very chatty Innerleithen is very small with some interesting wee shops but a good bus service is on hand if you want to explore Nice choices for breakfast too we didn,t get to meet the owners who i think were on holiday maybe the next time as we would definately go back A Big thank you to Graham( AKA Gordon) & staff Isobel & Morag x

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thankyou so much for your lovely comments and we are all really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to Graeme too. We look forward to seeing you again soon.,