“Courtesy and excellent service”
Review of The Fox

The Fox
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Dropped in for an early dinner 5th March 2013. For a Tuesday surprisingly quickly filled up.
Quick service and good food - enabling us to get to Cinema in time. Staff to be commended. We will be back and will recommend.
Carol & John Hamilton

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I wished to take my wife out for dinner on Valentines day. I used Tripadvisor to find the best rated restaurants in Basingstoke, but I had left it very late. The Fox was 7th on the list and their restaurant was fully booked, However they offered me a table in the bar. We arrived just after 7:00pm and found that other diners were already eating in the bar. The informal atmosphere of the bar probably suited us better than the restaurant.
Luckily we noticed the size of meals being served so we skipped starters. The mains were delicious but too large for us - I managed to finish mine but my wife had to leave some of hers.
We shared one dessert between us and even that was a struggle to finish.
We had a very nice evening, the food was very tasty but we would have preferred smaller portions.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Great service but truly amazing food. Been a while since I've consumed three courses but was so tempting and awesome flavours. Both my partner and I shared this opinion

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Despite increasing beer prices (again and again) this is still a proper pub with a great atmosphere and well kept beer. Decent bar meals and a smashing restaurant attached for that special occasion. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Good food good service lovely atmosphere. Not the cheapest around but good quality food, bread served with starters could be improved instead of a peice of french stick