“Basic food, nice decor”

Ye olde globe
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional Village Pub based in the heart of Berrynarbor. Serving good food and fine ales. Family friendly and dog friendly.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Well to be honest this pub was not our first choice this evening we had planned to go to Mortehoe like, but the look of that put sent us packing. Found Ye Older Globe welcoming both to us and our dog, We sat in the old kitchen area, apparently part of one of the old cottages knock together to format a pub. While the decor is old beamy heaven, the food was pretty basic yet filling. My partner had the lamb suet pudding, and I had the beef suet pudding, both served with potatoes and peas. He washed down with a spritzer while I had the drivers special. Our did did well on the left overs.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I honestly think that during the summer months when there are a few people around, this has the potential to be a cracking pub. It has plenty of seating areas and a substantial play area for the little ones (which could be a major selling point for this pub!) But on entering the bar area, there is a distinct lack of atmosphere and feels like it is being run down on purpose. The décor is very tired and lacking imagination, because of the age of the place, I would presume it is easier to leave all the old brasses and dirty old bottles on the walls for "character" but personally it just made it all a little dark and claustrophobic and in dire need of updating.
We sat next to the main bar and immediately after ordering kind of wished we had gone else where, we felt a little uneasy and when someone brought a plate to the bar to be put in the microwave because it was served to them stone cold, we were just going to cut our losses. I am glad we stayed though. The menu is very limited, but being Sunday we plumped for the roast and when it came out it was one of the best non carvery pub roasts I have ever had. A very generous and well cooked meal which would recommend any day.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

arrived and tried to sit in either the dining area or one of the many rooms around the bar, but no because had 6 year with us we were told to to a back room, awful service, awful food, rude people, amazingly bad

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Lovely pub very quaint, fab service just could do with little bit more choice me and Hubby had beef madras which was tasty but was full of potato carrots and other veg and not much beef .my children had scampi and lasagne which they both enjoyed.

1  Thank daccusWorcestershire
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We held my Mum's 60th birthday gathering at the Globe and they couldn't do any more for us, the food was perfect, and the service was great :-)

1  Thank cara2206