All reviews jet ski water sports on site next year private beach skimming stones dog friendly site camping field cafe bar toilet and shower facilities swimming pool shower block motor home great fun great site north devon coastline clean site
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

Wow! This place took my breath away.
I booked this little gem for my sons belated 30th birthday.
There were 7 of us in our party.
So I booked a log cabin/bungalow and the Bay Seaview Cottage.
Basil our dog was allowed to stay in the log cabin bungalow which was spacious, clean and cosy, this was situated on the edge of the campsite.
The seaview ‘Bay cottage’ was literally right on the cove and the views were amazing.
Bay Cottage was clean, modern, bright and airy.
It had all the mod cons needed and I managed to cook a roast dinner for 7 with no issues whatsoever.
The owners and staff were friendly, helpful and made the atmosphere feel chilled and fun.
Jim the owner took us out on the banana bus, which was one of our highlights on the choppy Devon coast, and made it really fun.
We also did kayaking through the caves down in the cove.
The walks and views are stunning.
It has the added bonus of walking to a great local pub.
But Watermouth Cove has a great little bar and cafe.
This place has it all!
What a fabulous place with a lovely vibe.
Thank you Jim and family for a really memorable weekend.
We didn’t want to leave!!

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

Second time at WCHP, I challenge anyone to find a better combo of facilities, location, atmosphere and value for money anywhere in the U.K.

Improvements to the restaurant terrace are ace!

The pool area is ace!

The cove itself and the various water sports available are ace!

The team are DOUBLE ACE!

I’m sure we’ll be back time and time again!

The ONLY criticism I’d have is that our fully serviced gravel pitch was a bit on the tight side (pitch 87 I think) but we travel with a 10-man tunnel that is a bit of a beast tbh. If you have a “biggun” ask for a grass pitch.

Just to be clear...this place is DOUBLE/TRIPLE ACE, you’ll not be disappointed, I promise.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Vivienne F, Owner at Watermouth Cove Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2019

What can we say - your review is TRIPLE ACE :)

Thank you very much - it means a lot to us and we very much appreciate you taking the time and trouble to put your thoughts online.

See you next year we hope.

Reviewed August 26, 2019

1st time back to this site in 3 years and wow have they made some tip top improvements . The owner and his family are polite and really helpful they now have a excellent heated dog wash a heated dog pool you can even take your dog to the outside pool and they can relax with you genius ! If you have a dog they will give you free of charge a doggie goodie bag with a holiday dog tag should your dog get lost , pooh bags and treats , the is site is so dog friendly they tolerate dogs better than humans lol .the walks are epic the beaches and harbours are beautiful too , food is nice drinks reasonably priced facilities clean and tidy . There is a massive dog field and I only saw a couple of rogue bangers that I picked up other than that no issues. ( this is down to dog owners NOT the site I must add )
Now I'm not one for gossip but I did hear a member of staff state that a very popular recording artist was staying in one of the lodges with his family for the weekend and that's amazing because this site has so much going for everyone
If it's TRUE I hope they enjoyed their stay as much as we did
Cheers guys see you next year for sure xx

Date of stay: August 2019
Vivienne F, Owner at Watermouth Cove Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2019

What can we say - so pleased to hear that on your return visit you were delighted with the changes. Also thank you for taking the time to submit your extensive review.

Hope to see you returning next year.

You know what they say don't you - what happens at Watermouth - stays at Watermouth :)

Reviewed August 23, 2019

Just at the end of 2 amazing weeks at watermouth cove. This is our 4th consecutive summer at this site and it's simply the best camp site ever. Friendly staff, very clean, dog friendly. Run by a lovely family.Looking forward to next year already.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Vivienne F, Owner at Watermouth Cove Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2019

Wow what can we say - thank you so much for your very kind review. Glad to know that you are returning again - see you all next year.

Reviewed August 20, 2019

We camped in a tent last two weeks in July 2019. All weather pitches are gravel, so be mindful. We were just above the lower field, in between us and the upper field which is entirely tents. One brand new shower block which is on the lower field and brand new. Family shower cubicles, nappy changing facility, and disabled wet rooms in each of male/female sections. Lots of cubicles and never had to queue for anything. Very friendly staff and good bar/restaurant near the entrance, beside the two pools and fountains, which are shallow and ideal for little ones. If you are doing water activities the cove is just below the cafe, but if you want a day on the beach you have to go a little further, either to Hele Bay or Coombe Martin which are only 5-10 minutes by car away. Very well run site.

Date of stay: July 2019
Vivienne F, Owner at Watermouth Cove Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2019

Thank you so much for submitting your thoughts about your recent holiday here at Watermouth. Good to know that you found our staff helpful and friendly.

Hopefully you will return some day.