Sandy Cove Hotel(Berrynarbor)
Imperial Hotel(Ilfracombe)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel(Ilfracombe)(Great Value!)
$80
Devon Bay Hotel(Ilfracombe)
  • Bar/Lounge
Palm Court Hotel(Ilfracombe)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsindoor pooljacuzzi bathon sitedvd playerbar restaurantcentral heatingzip wirelovely lodgeself catering holidaybay treegood sizesoft playgreat for kidstwin roomarrived homesummer monthsexmoor zoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great time had at watermouth lodges.
The lodge was clean and spacious 3 bedrooms including ensuite.
Pools were clean and warm.
Staff were all very friendly and attended to any problems.
Whether you are looking for a holiday to explore the area or just relax and enjoy the sun at pool or sitting outside your lodge this is ideal.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephen H
wmlodge, Manager at Watermouth Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments! We are always pleased when our guest have a good time at Watermouth Lodges. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had read a lot of the reviews of watermouth lodges before we went and we were a bit nervous!! I hope this is an honest and helpful review for the budget Pines lodges,
To start the park is situated right inbetween Ilfracombe & Combe martin ( 5 mins drive either way) and about 15-20 mins from the fabulous Woolacombe beach ( a must), Watermouth harbour and the south coast path are 5 mins walk away,
The park is quiet and clean with great views over to south wales, it has 2 pools The indoor one is a bit nicer than the outdoor, The pub/clubhouse is good and it always had seats available, the food is good value pub food fayre (maybe avoid the curry night poor value for money)
The staff on site were really nice and helpful and made you very welcome.
The pines lodge we stayed in is the budget lodge and to be honest it showed. It is very small (prob smaller than a static caravan) but as its only a base for us us 2 adults 2 Children & a dog we managed,
I now come to my only real gripe - The bathroom!! It really needs ripping out and a new one put in!! The bath has brown rusty looking marks on the side of it, the shower screen is not the best and setting the the shower via the mixer tap is an art form,theres a tile missing on floor behind the door looks like its collecting dirt, We cleaned the bathroom with antiseptic wipes but it never really felt clean in there.

I would definately go back to watermouth lodges but book one of the better lodges (which looked really nice)
I

Room Tip: book the best lodge you can afford, the budget models really are basic.
1  Thank cloud1969

Thank you for your review! we have taken note about the comments made about the bathroom, and have now decided to refurbish the lodge including a new bathroom. Work will commence in 4 weeks time. We hope you return in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I honestly think the people who have moaned about this place must have stayed somewhere else?!

We stayed in lodge Amberwood 38, which was clean, spacious and well equipped. It has a twin room, double and second double with en-suite shower and toilet room. The main bathroom had a lovely jacuzzi bath and the lounge/kitchen diner was a great family space. I can honestly say I couldn't think of much more I would have wanted/expected from the accommodation.

The on-site facilities we found fine and the staff were always helpful. Unfortunately the weather didn't treat us well enough to brave the outdoor pool, but there are so many things to do in the surrounding areas, I don't think we would have had a chance to do everything we wanted to do in 2 weeks, let alone 1!!

All in all, this place certainly gets the thumbs up from us!!

1  Thank p4nda

Thank you very much for your kind comment! we are really glad you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have just come home from a brilliant family/friends holiday, we wanted a holiday that the children wouldn't be bored and could play safely (without having to follow them around 24/7). There were 6 in our party and we all stay in one lodge, this can tell you that the lodge we stayed in was very well spaced, we did have a problem with the hot water but we went and spoke to reception, they were quick on the problem and fixed it straight away (you cant expect everything to be prefect). We had a few rainy days which didn't matter as they have a indoor swimming pool and a soft play area with some arcade games which kept everyone happy. The location was brill lots of things to do beaches, dinning and attractions but be prepared for walking up and down hills. The food in the restaurant was very good for the money you pay, they have themed night as well so u wont get bored from picking from the same menu every night, they also do a takeaway service which was very handy when you don't want to cook but want to eat in. They have a shop on site for you basics which was handy when you need a loaf of bread or some milk. Over all it was a lovely holiday and would got again.

1  Thank Milly W
wmlodge, Manager at Watermouth Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Watermouth Lodges! Thank you for your kind comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have just returned from a fantastic week at Watermouth Lodges with our two children. I read some of the negative reviews with dismay because I holidayed at Watermouth every year as a child and has some wonderful memories that I wanted to recreate, not sully! However, we couldn't have had a nicer week.

We stayed in a Beeches lodge which we booked direct with the park. These had been refurbished and were of a very high standard, the kitchen especially was very smart and well equipped. The leather sofas looked fabulous though I would say not the comfiest for lounging! The lodge was clean and tidy and everything worked exactly as it should (bar the tin opener, which was obligingly exchanged for a brand new one when I took it into reception). The bathroom was great - I hadn't been expecting a bath, just a shower, but we got a space saver bath with shower over which was great for soaking sand off the kids at the end of the day! The shower also had excellent pressure, my daughter has thick waist length hair and washing it was no bother. Linens and towels provided were of lovely quality, the towels were lovely and thick and soft and if good size, and sparklingly clean and white.

We were able to park right outside our lodge, which was essential to us as my daughter has limited mobility. All areas of the facilities were accessible to her and everything was level and safe which helped us relax and enjoy our holiday. I felt that for a small park, plenty of thought had gone into ensuring accessibility.

The bar was nice and bright and clean, the kids loved the porthole fish tank. The shop area is small but stocked the essentials, and there is a tesco and a lidl in Ilfracombe just up the road, maybe a ten minute drive. We ate in the bar on the last night of our holiday and the food was lovely and generously portioned. I recommend the 'combo' as the tempura vegetables were delicious! It was also very reasonably priced.

The children loved the pools and I enjoyed relaxing in the spa and sauna, though didn't realise that the spa pool requires feeding with 50p's to keep the bubbles going, save some ahead of your holiday. We felt the pools were clean and well maintained and not excessively chlorinated as some can be. We enjoyed the outside pool on hot days and the outside change rooms with loos and showers were brilliantly handy. The kids also spent lots of happy time in the outdoor park whilst we enjoyed a drink on the patio overlooking the beautiful Watermouth Cove.

We found the staff very chatty and friendly - again at odds with the negative reviews, I wonder if you reap what you sow in that regard! They were happy to help with minor queries and came to the rescue with Sellotape and commiserations when I smashed my husbands iPhone screen, as well as offering suggestions of where we might get it fixed locally.

The brutal honesty - and really, there isn't much negative to say. The lodge was VERY compact and we felt a little pushed for space in the double bedroom, the sofas as mentioned weren't the loungiest, and one is butted up against the edge if the kitchen work surface which my daughter once smacked her head resoundingly against! Also, the double bed squeaked when you turned over in bed, I'm sure this could be sorted with a tighter bolt and some WD40, but it's a bit awkward mentioning squeaking beds to your hosts, you know? Also worth knowing is that there is NO mobile reception on the park (EE and O2 anyway) - this is obviously not within the control of the owners and free wifi is thoughtfully provided in the bar area (you can also pick it up by the pool if you drag a lounger to the closest wall to the restaurant) but its worth knowing that you'll be out of phone contact if that matters to you.

It's not a lot to moan about, in balance, and for the price we paid for a lodge in high season, we felt it represented outstanding value for money. For what we wanted - a base to explore, a decent kitchen to self cater, a shirt walk to nice facilities that weren't too busy or crammed, no ludicrous 'entertainment' and free access to swimming so my children could grow gills with abandon, it was frankly perfect. We had a fabulous, special week and didn't want to come home - the kids are already begging to return. Thank you for a lovely holiday :-)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Beth W

We are glad you enjoyed your stay here at Watermouth Lodges. Thankyou for the kind comments & lots of useful information for future guests. We hope to see you again soon!