I stayed in Amberwood lodge 42 with my parents, brother and his partner, my partner and 3 month old son. Surfaces in the bar/restaurant area were not properly cleaned and the staff and atmosphere very unwelcoming. Bar closes at 9:30 and restaurant stops serving food at 8:30. Asked for a chicken breast in the restaurant but recieved a chicken leg and someone else asked for a kids meal but were told they were only for kids. Bathrooms in the lodge smelly and floors sticky. Horrible smells on the balcony of the lodge aswell because of the septic tank system below. Highchair and cots provided were stored under a bed and caked in dust, yellow stain on one of the pillows, holes burnt into the ironing board. Cleanliness of the lodge was generally poor thoughout.
Sea view and location good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With truly magnificent views overlooking the beautiful Watermouth Harbour and its famous castle, our holiday park is situated in an outstanding location that offers a host of facilities on well-tended grounds.A very warm welcome awaits you at our family-run Holiday Park, where we are committed to making your stay with us as enjoyable, pleasant and relaxing as we possibly can.For those of you that do not want to cook in our well-equipped lodges, especially after a hard day spent at the beach or discovering the many attractions and activities that North Devon has to offer, there is always our superb restaurant and bar, where all the family is welcome.Whilst relaxing over a cool drink you can choose from a selection of simple bar snacks or from a varied menu with daily specials and separate children's menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Watermouth Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Watermouth Hotel Berrynarbor
- Watermouth Lodges Berrynarbor, Devon