Stayed with family for a long weekend break 23rd-26th September in the Retreat 2 lodge at a cost of £350 (although there are occasional deals for last minute stays at Watermouth Lodges on Ebay, search for a seller called 'amberwood-devon'). Had a fantastic, chilled out weekend break and will definitely be returning. Lying in the hot tub whilst watching squirrels and birds hopping about in the trees above was my idea of complete relaxation. The lodge was more spacious than expected and my toddler loved running the length of it and as there is a secure gate on the decking area, toddlers are completely free to roam. I'll take peanuts next time as there's a bird table outside the Retreat lodge so I'm sure more wildlife would be attracted.
Lodge is very nicely decorated and well equipped (bath towels, tea towels and dish cloths not needed but do take loo rolls, dishwasher tablets, hand soap and a robe and flip flops for using the hot tub). Ate in the onsite restaurant and the food was lovely and very reasonably priced, good menu choices also and bar staff friendly and attentive. Went to the bar every evening even if only for a quick drink so little one could play in the outdoor play area, again, bar prices reasonable.
Indoor pool area and sauna was well maintained and there's a play pen in both sets of changing rooms so little ones can be contained whilst you change, a really thoughtful touch! Had the pool to ourselves every day which was great and there's a jacuzzi next to the pool which takes 50p for around 15 mins of bubbling, lovely.
The only reason I haven't given Watermouth 5 stars is down to there being a broken childs trike in the outdoor play area - either remove it or replace it - no hardship really and also the kingsize mattress in the Retreat was pretty manky and was covered by a mattress topper - I'm sure most people wouldn't even bother looking but I did and same again, would be much nicer if replaced.
Looking forward to next year's break already and hoping these minor changes are made.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With truly magnificent views overlooking the beautiful Watermouth Harbour and its famous castle, our holiday park is situated in an outstanding location that offers a host of facilities on well-tended grounds.A very warm welcome awaits you at our family-run Holiday Park, where we are committed to making your stay with us as enjoyable, pleasant and relaxing as we possibly can.For those of you that do not want to cook in our well-equipped lodges, especially after a hard day spent at the beach or discovering the many attractions and activities that North Devon has to offer, there is always our superb restaurant and bar, where all the family is welcome.Whilst relaxing over a cool drink you can choose from a selection of simple bar snacks or from a varied menu with daily specials and separate children's menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Watermouth Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Watermouth Hotel Berrynarbor
- Watermouth Lodges Berrynarbor, Devon