Assured Ascot Quays Apartment Hotel
Central Caravan Park(Ascot)(Great Value!)
$96
$93
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$191
$87
Agoda.com
  • Pool
International On The Water Hotel(Ascot)(Great Value!)
$97
$69
Priceline
Aarn House B&B(Ascot)(Great Value!)
$86
$130
$122
$69
$66
$75
$109
$86
Country Comfort Inter City Hotel(Belmont)(Great Value!)
$96
$76
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe riverroom servicespa bathpool arealiving roomthe penthousesecond bedroomview from the balconyenjoy the viewgreat for familiesnice restaurantrooms are spaciousself containedhome away from homefull kitchenperth cbdmain bedroom
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Stayed for only one evening and the hotel was up to expectations. Didn't use any of the facilities so I can't comment but the rooms are clean and good sized. No noise and a decent view over the river. Nothing overly posistive to mention but by the same token nothing negative either,

Only choose over the nearby Intercontinental or Holiday Inn on the basis I was staying with a large group of people and thus would have handed over a large sum of money for 4 rooms but if luxury and location are your thing this place doesn't work out that much cheaper than its competition.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We booked a 2 bed 2 bath apartment. The room was lovely and clean, great views from the living area.

For the price of the room we expected the bedrooms to be airconditioned, but only the living area is, so on a 40+ degree day, the rooms were extremely stuffy at night. We were lucky to have a fan in our room, our friends were not so lucky and ended up sleeping with their door wide open to try and get some cool are from the living area.

Another dissappointment was the hot water, it went from being burning hot to freezing cold constantly.

Apart from that, we really loved to location. Walking distance to the race track, and a short taxi ride to the casino.

Certainly would not spend $440 on this room again though!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I booked this hotel because it was close to the airport with the specific request that they could assure me that a reliable taxi service was available to pick me up at 4.30 am to get to the airport .They ressured that it would be OK. My taxi didn't turn up as did another person's who had also booked a separate taxi.Fortunately , we mannaged to ring for one and I arrived very late and just caught the plane.Apparently , it is not an infrequent occurrence .

Also very annoying was my room stank of stale cigarette smoke.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I have stayed in many of Perth's hotels over the years and this one definately qualifies as the worst I have ever stayed in. I was charged $311 for one night in a very tired two bedroomed suite with single beds only, pushed together to make un-even "doubles". At this price one would expect a mini-bar for refreshment after a hard days work - no mini-bar only an empty fridge.
Down to the retaurant where I was told impolitely to wait in the bar and I would be informed when a table for one was ready (as were other waiting guests). It was difficult to understand why, with empty unreserved tables in the restaurant we had to wait over an hour. When I was eventually offered a table I was so angry I was past eating (guessing I would probably have waited another half an hour for food) So I went to bed hungry but with the consoling thought that I would never again be staying in this jumped up hotel trying to cash in on the WA mining boom.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
assuredhotels, General Manager at Assured Ascot Quays Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2010

While we are most disappointed that you have had this type experience while staying with us and have been left with such a negative impression, we do appreciate your feedback as it provides us with an opportunity to review, take on board and respond.

I would like to respond to some of you points in more detail:

Our apartment style hotel is a relatively young 7.5 years old. In this time we have reinvested back into the apartment furnishings with new sofas and recently new LCD TVs and bed linen. As part of our extensive refurbishment plan for 2011 the wooden furniture in the apartments will be replaced early in the year. It has been our goal to ensure that our apartment's do not become "tired", so it is surprising to receive this impression from you. If you would be prepared to contact us directly, I would appreciate knowing which apartment number you stayed in so I can personally inspect and evaluate it.

The bedding in most of our apartments are what is referred to as 'king split' beds and are very common in hotels, particularly apartment style hotels. When the two single beds are joined properly to form a king size bed, the join should not be noticeable unless they are not connected properly and the appropriate mattress protector is used. Our Housekeeping department are very vigilant in ensuring this occurs, however it can be missed on a rare occasion. Apologies if there was any discomfort for you. It is in our refurbishment plans to replace mattresses as required in late 2011.

With regards to the lack of mini-bar, this is standard in an apartment style complex such as ours. A 24 hour room service menu is available. We also sell bottled/canned drinks from our reception area.

Your feedback in regards to the service you received (or lack of) from our restaurant is most upsetting. We pride ourselves on high standards of service, and have built a strong reputation on it. We were recently awarded "WA's Best Restaurant Within An Accommodation Venue" at the Australian Hotels Association 2010 Awards for Excellence. It seems we have not met this accolade in your case.

I do hope you will contact me directly so that we can discuss further. Thank you again for taking the time review our property and services.

Reviewed September 8, 2010

Enjoyed our stay at Assured. Clean and comfortable beds and large rooms.
Good Hotel up the road for meals.
Would go back.