“Friendly staff, delicious food”

Assured Ascot Quays Apartment Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ascot
Melbourne
“Friendly staff, delicious food”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed here with my infant son for 1 night.
Check in was quick and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
I had a $100 voucher towards food as part of the deal I had purchased so I ordered room service. The food came quickly and was simply delicious.
The pool was great and clean but you have to take your room towel.
Inhouse movies are free with 2 new releases being shown at one time.
The apartment was well equipped to be self diffident for longer stays.
Bed was very comfy.
Perfect location if you are only in Perth for one night between flights or if you want to stay near airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
assuredhotels, General Manager at Assured Ascot Quays Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Surfagirl,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you rated us so highly and I will be sure to pass this onto our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Assured Ascot Quays.

Brendan Craig

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Alice Springs
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here on several occasions. We just love the place, for location (airport) and facility. But, like all Perth accommodation, it is too expensive!!!

But it's getting to the point that we just can't afford it. Accommodation in South Perth is more to our budget and regrettably we will have to go there in the future. But, if you have the money, we do recommend this property for those pax who need airport proximity!

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Woodyinthemiddle,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you enjoy our hotel and that you are a regular customer of ours. I have also taken on your feedback about Perth prices. I would reccomend that to secure the best deals advanced purchases be made to avoid the price issue. We do offer several options and I would be more then happy to discuss these with you should you like to call me directly for your future visits.
Thank you once again for the feedback. I hope to hear from you.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed here with our children and found the apartment to be fine for our purposes. The pool was great and has a shallow, separate area for toddlers. Would be better if they had a shaded sail over the toddler area.

There are major roadworks happening on the road in front of the hotel and this can delay entering and exiting the property.

Our only concern from the trip was an extremely loud bucks party taking place in one of the apartments. The swearing and noise coming from the apartment (their balcony doors were open) was excessive and inappropriate for what is promoted as a family destination. We spoke to the front desk staff on multiple occasions who said they had spoken to the party and that the situation was resolved yet nothing changed.

Eventually I asked the front desk staff what exactly they were going to do to change the situation and they responded that "they would not want to spoil someone's bucks night" so essentially they would do nothing. Clearly this property prioritises the wants of a few customers over the majority of customers right to not have to put up with this behaviour and be able to walk their children to the pool without hearing obscenities being yelled by drunk men who were clearly going nuts over the strippers in their room.

We were very disappointed by the hotel's response to this situation and it strongly influenced our review.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Travel_With_Tykes
assuredhotels, General Manager at Assured Ascot Quays Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Travel_With_Tykes,

Thank you for the review. I am sorry to hear that our staff did not step up to this situation in the manner they should have. I can understand the annoyance that you must of had and I would like you to know that I have discussed this situation with the staff members that you mentioned the issue to so that it is not prone to a repeat of this situation in the future.
Please understand that the manner in which this situation was handled was not hotel policy and far from the normal.
Thank you again for the feedback and should you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at the hotel.
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

My family have just stayed in a two bedroom & bathroom river view apartment. Spacious and suited our needs and young children well. Kids loved the pool, grass and access to the river. Would come back for a longer stay next time.

On the down side....may be a Perth thing as it seems a consistent problem in recent says in Perth city accommodation
- cleanliness: apartment appeared clean on entrance but then noticed splash marks of food/?liquid on cupboard doors
-attention to detail: walls were scuffed in a number of places, chipped corners etc, carpet stained in front of t.v, information file had been scribbled in by a previous child
- beds: what is the go with no covers on donnas??? Folded sheets instead of a cover looks tacky ad lazy.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Greens on H,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We have looked into the matters that you raised and addressed these issues at this is not at our standard.
We have in place a top sheet system like several hotels now do. We place a doonah under the top sheet as well as provide additional blankets in each room and we are sorry if this system is not to your liking.
Once again, thank you for the feedback and if you wish to discuss this further please contact me at the hotel.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Having arrived late in the evening from Bali, this place was a real let-down. Service was very ho-hum and not particularly helpful. I had hired a car and wanted to know where I could park it. The response I got was "oh anywhere out there". The problem was there was a wedding reception on and there were no parks that I could find. I advised the person behind the desk of this and she just looked at me. All she was interested in was getting my credit card swiped and giving me the room key. Seemed like she just wanted to get me out of the way so her shift would end and she could go home. While the room was clean it was very very tired and very smelly. Furniture very drab and generally needs a lick of paint at the very least. I picked this place because of its proximity to the airport however, I could have done better. A colleague comes from Perth originally had said the service in Perth was pretty lousy and the cost unreasonably high. I can now confirm this view to be correct. Compared to a third world country this hotel is pretty lousy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear LBJ040910,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are looking into your comments about your experience with both our staff and also your room. This is by no means at our usual standards and it is dissapointing to hear of your experience with us not being at our usual high standards.
Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know. This is valuable feedback.

australia
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Have stayed here twice and much prefer the one bedroom apartments to the 2 bedroom (which was quite scuffed in decor - felt more like the room they let out to young 'uns booking a bucks night??? hard to explain! but wasnt comfy for the price you pay!) ...The one bed apt the first time I stayed was really nice - I even rang my husband to say that I think we have found our place to stay in Perth (as we are here often with business) but the second time in the bigger apt ruined it for me...

The front desk staff are lovely! Very welcoming..pool is nice, grounds are gorgeous..nice looking at the river :)

Room service meals were spot on - very yummy!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
assuredhotels, General Manager at Assured Ascot Quays Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Malnic,

Thank you for taking the time to review Assured Ascot Quays Apartment Hotel. I am sorry to hear that your visit with us did not live up to your previous stay and our usual high standards. I have passed on your feedback to all of our our management team and staff for review and discussion so we can ensure that we are focused on improving on the items you have raised.
I am plased that your food & beverage, hotel grounds and staff experience was good and at our required high standards.

If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2013

An excellent choice for overnight airport layovers or even just a relaxing break. It's just a short 10 min taxi ride to Perth airport (about $18 taxi fare). I had a two bedroom apartment style room, with a fully equipped kitchen and all the comforts of home. Each bedroom had a King bed (2 x singles clamped together) and nicely furnished. Beds seemed a little firm but lots of comfy pillows supplied.

Although the hotel is on a busy main highway, my room faced the rear of the complex, and overlooks a river which is lovely to enjoy on the balcony at sunset. Very peaceful. The balcony is quite spacious and great for outdoor dining.

One thing that really impressed me was the professional and friendly service at the front desk. They demonstrated a genuine care for their customers and nothing was too much trouble.

I was allocated an Accessible room type bathroom, so am not sure if all the rooms are like this, but if this is of concern you should request a normal type bathroom.

I ordered the room service meal, and the food was very good and very reasonable prices. There does not appear to be many other options within walking distance, other than some fast food places up the road.

Overall I was very satisfied with this hotel and will be making this my regular sleep over for flight conections at Perth airport.

Room Tip: Construction/main highway on front of hotel. Try for a room facing river at rear.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Brizzyguy,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this valuable feedback.
I am pleased that you have decided to make Assured Ascot Quays your regular choice for your hotel requirements.

In relation to your bathroom comments, we have a total of four apartments that have this bathroom type and this should have been advised to you at the time of your booking and also confirmed at check-in. We are looking into why this was not done and I thank you for advising us.

The construction and upgrade of The Great Eastern Highway are in the final stages now and we are looking forward to the total completion due at the end of February/early March 2013. We have taken measures to ensure that the wing in the main tower that may be subject to noise from these works has limited and reduced noise impact on our guests. We have not had any issues to date and as the works have now moved to the far side of the road we do not anticipate any.

I have passed on your comments to our team and given them a well deserved pat on the back for a job well done.

In closing, thank you once again for your time and feedback and we look forward to providing you with a great place to stay in the future.

Brendan Craig
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ascot
East Perth
#12 of 64 in Perth
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,092 reviews
Airport Apartments
#1 of 3 in Redcliffe

Been to Assured Ascot Quays Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!