“It is what it is”
Review of Homer's Cafe - CLOSED

Homer's Cafe
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Nothing special, not bad, not wonderful.
Good for a simple value lunch or coffee - I don't see it as an evening place
but ok for a break from work during the day and friendly staff and service.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

when i am in the area i try to get my morning coffee from here. staff are friendly and the cafe has a good feel about it when you walk in

1  Thank FreqTraveller5548
Reviewed June 3, 2012

After reading several reviews, I thought it would be a nice cafe to take my parents for lunch. Boy, was I wrong! The cafe itself was so old and run-down. They had a plumber working on the kitchen sink which was just next to us. In the end, they told us the power would be out for a while, so we saw that as our cue to leave!
The staff continually kept bringing us the wrong food, and they didn't get our order right either. I had a pumpkin and spinach salad which tasted like it was off, but I suspect it was the dressing they poured all over it. My husband had the chicken schnitzel and chips. The schnitzel was ok, but the chips were really tasty. The one redeeming factor! The coffee was ok too, but not outstanding in any way.
Pros: The food was reasonably priced and although I really didn't like my meal, my guests said theirs were ok.
Cons: Ambience, incompetent and unfriendly staff.
I definitely wont be going back here!

Reviewed February 11, 2012

the service was friendly and efficient, the food seemed to be good value and prepared quickly and it is open until a little later than the others and you don't feel rushed to leave. On a nice evening it was pleasant sitting outside. The coffee is OK, as I don't think the barrister had a lot of experience and was the only let down - in a cafe. Give it a go - the atmosphere and service is good.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Homers offers good food at great prices! It's nothing fancy but the service is always efficient and he food is yum! Bonus is that it is open to almost midnight most nights! Great for a late night coffee!!!!!

1  Thank AussieTraveller85