Northern Hotel
Priceline
Bamse B&B(Montrose)
Travelocity
Thrums Hotel(Kirriemuir)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat showersteak pievery nice hotelbusiness tripstreet parkingvisited this hotelevening meallovely mealshort stayhigh standardpleasant stayfamily roomfirst classbreakfast was deliciouswarm welcomesouthernmenu
Reviewed November 4, 2013

While I very much enjoyed our meal here and thought the restaurant looked very classy and sleek I thought the value for money didnt match up. I ordered a Cajun Chicken dish, which consisted of a Chicken Breast sprinkled with some seasoning, sour cream, coleslaw and a few salad leaves. Something I could have easily notched up at home myself for much less than the £12 price tag.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a great little hotel, good restaurant with an interesting menu with local delicacies friendly staff. We have stayed here on 2 occasions now and on each were impressed with the staff so thoroughly recommend a stay here.
We have also had occasion to use there catering facilities for a 'wake' which was beautifully and tactfully done.

Room Tip: room 102 is amazing
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here last night. We had been staying further up north travelling south and wanted a break in journey. Stopped in here and got 1 0f last 2 rooms left as full. The receptionist was a delight and verry friendly. Booked into room 115. Ground floor overlooking the main road. Disaster! The window didnt close properly so all we could hear was boy racers roaring about int the night and the only reason we stayed was for a good night sleep after a long few days away. Easily sorted with a window that closes properly! tv didnt work the way instructions said it should but worked it out eventually. Again easily fixed with accurate instructions. Bed was not the best and thin pillows! No good night sleep and then woked to noisy lorries outside and kitchen noise inside!! All that said...The restaurant is fabulous. The Place looks great. The staff were the best and so so friendly. We had a drink in the bar and again, bar maid very nice and helpful. Please dont be put off by the start of this. We will DEF go back again but make sure we're in the right room!

Room Tip: "Do not sleep in room 115"
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tambola
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We recently stayed at the Northern and must admit it was one of the best 3 start Hotels we have stayed in and would not hesitate to stay here again.

The food in the restaurant was fantastic and the manager was very helpful.

I think this Hotel should promote their Food and Rooms more than they do as both would be 4 star in my ratings.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike F
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel nearly every other week for close on 18 months for business but I have just advised my Company to find me another place to stay.
After waiting for near 15 minutes to check in, I got my key to find the bathroom dirty with urine stains on the seat and the pan of the toilet still soiled. The shower doors were uncleaned and the waste bin still full of womens used toiletries, the bed had been made but only one small handtowel was left and one coffee cup was dirty.
I pointed this out to the manager on duty but he just seemed uninterested and blamed the faults on "staff training".
There was only two members of staff present in a full restaurant and took nearly 40 mins just to receive my luke warm starter.

Room Tip: Make sure it is away from the bar underneath.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business