“Texas Meets Scotland”

Add it.
Erskine's
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The cafe has now re opened and trading as Erskine's
Montrose, United Kingdom
“Texas Meets Scotland”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Janet will welcome you warmly. She and her charming and efficient team offer an interesting selection of food, savoury and sweet, with endless supplies of tea or coffee. You'll feel the world is a better place when you stop here for a break.
Beware of the opening hours, off-season especially when it would be best to check in advance unless you're passing by.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank George T

Laurencekirk
“Open House”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We attended the Open House where Janet, Linda, Pamela and the rest of the lovely staff were on hand to make the day one to remember. Janet welcomed all the diners and introduced her staff and thanked everyone for their continuing support. The personal touch is never far away at House of Dun Cafe.. It was all very civilised, we were asked if we wanted tea or coffee when we arrived and got seated and the staff were so attentive that they did not miss anyone out, they even noticed when someone's cup was empty and offered a refill, the service really is very good.
The tasters of the main courses were lovely, I gave the butter bean dish a miss, only because I am not a fan of butter beans, but I did hear other diners rave about it. I tried a bit of most other things and as usual they were delicious. The Temptation Table was too much of a good thing, if there is such a thing. All a good sign of things to come this season and we will certainly be back.
Janet personally went round everyone to see if they were enjoying their food. When it was time to leave we got a fond farewell from the staff as we always do. You are also made to feel very welcome upon your arrival. Janet, Linda and the staff always seem more than happy to accommodate people that may need some help with a wheelchair, or a child that needs a highchair or a couple of tables pushed together for a larger group that haven't booked.
I have been here with my husband and with my parents many times and will be back many times I am sure. I would recommend that you try House of Dun Cafe - check the opening times first as you don't want to be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank DiPhoto911
Arbroath, United Kingdom
“a delight”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Janet and Linda - a real asset to the House of Dun - the food is incredible, and the portions huge. I've never been disappointed either with the food or the level of service! A gem in the heart of Angus

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank cyrusb
Forfar
“Salads to die for”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Janet makes the most incredible fruity salads topped by her own making of dressing . Yummy. Never been disappointed in a meal there. Catered for a large group without any problem.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Avril S
“Dispicable Language”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I came here in the summer and it was very busy, the scones that i had tasted very stale, the customer service was terrible, whilst awaiting my meal i could hear the manageress screaming at her staff swearing, name calling etc.... The waitress' were very anti-social all standing behind the tills on their mobile phones, everytime the kitchen doors were open i got a waft of cigarette smoke, this also happened at the front door due to the young girls smoking at the door. not a very good sight for visiiors. Not a nice experience after all the good things that i had heard.

• Visited July 2012