“A day out”

Brechin Castle Garden Centre
Ranked #8 of 29 Restaurants in Brechin
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view
Description: Garden Centre and Retail Outlet with Coffee Shop and scenic 70 acre Country Park. A great meeting place with convenient location to the A90 and ample free parking. Our Coffee Shop offers a spacious and light environment to enjoy coffees with homemade cakes or hot food and snacks for all the family. Our Garden Centre is very well stocked with quality garden and leisure products. We stock a large range of plants, including flowers, shrubs, outdoor plants and trees. Looking for an unusual or unique gift? Choose from a large range of Giftware, Home Lifestyle and Clothing, Fashion Accessories and Jewellery. Our Garden Shop and Home Hardware departments offer a selection of hand tools, power tools, dinner-wares, home textiles, electrical items, decorating sundries, gardening equipment, outdoor living and so much more! Access to our Country Park is FREE (unless for Specific Events) and everyone can enjoy a stroll round our water feature, outdoor children's play area with jumping pillows, go-karts and sandpit. View our majestic Birds of Prey in the aviary. Look out for details of our Events online for flying demonstrations and handling experiences.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is great place to take your parents for an afternoon drive and a look around the garden centre. Nice for a coffee and cake but I must admit I find the food overpriced and lacking in quantity. Staff are pleasant as is the atmosphere, bright and spacious

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We quite often go the garden centre, the play area is really good,lots for my grand daughter to do and see,the walk around the park is really nice - can be a bit cold at times. The restaurant is very bright and roomy,the food is always good - could perhaps be bit hotter . I have always found the toilets to be very clean. We are rgular visitors.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stopped here a few times on route up the M90. Nice and airy restaurant but can be expensive if stopping for a meal rather than breakfast or a snack. We had a rather large bowl of Cullen Skink each which was lovely and a portion of chips alongside. With drinks this did not work our too expensive and I would stick to this type of food if you are looking to keep costs down - I think the soup was around £3.95 with a roll and butter, which I felt was good value. Nice for a wander round to stretch your legs but a little on the expensive side compared to similar garden centres of this type and size. Would stop again.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We came to the cafe of the garden centre and was greeted by a very happy pleasant boy who was very thoughtful and caring when it came to my "not funny" father.. They seemed to have a laugh around... I would defiantly welcome anyone to come visit as the staff are very nice :)

1  Thank Paulinepeters
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Have been to the castle centre many times and it just seems to have lost its way
Though the shop is nice it is grossly overpriced and being in the trade I know the markup
The scones and such like are fine but the hot food is usually overheated and presented poorly