Well - where to start is the problem - the whole Casa Susegad experience was truly amazing - more than lived up to any expectations gleaned from having read through other guest reviews.
After a friendly and much appreciated welcome at the airport I was driven back to Casa Susegad through some magnificent scenery along by the river. Everything was so vibrant and lush - the monsoons had given nature a depth of beauty that was simply breath-taking
Arriving at Casa Susegad my excitement at having chosen to visit Goa during the monsoon season just continued to increase. I can quite honestly say that I have never felt so relaxed so quickly at any holiday destination anywhere. Walking through the gate of this magnificent 'home' ascending the colonial steps to the portico and straight on through to the gardens/pool area is simpley stunning and somehow instantly relaxing.
My room - the Rose Room - was exquisitely furnished with an extremely comfortable deep sprung bed fitted with crisp white sheets and such comfortable pillows. The en-suite facilities were the best I have encountered in India. Very spacious well fitted with copious hot water and spotlessly cleaned each morning.
The staff at Casa Susegad were very attentive in an unobtrusive manner. Starting with freshly brewed coffee in the morning through to a yummy breakfast including fresh fruit from the garden, morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea, and evening dinner. Some of my favourites were anything to do with fresh mango. Special mention has to go to Jo-Anita for her superb culinary skills.
Although monsoon I used the pool most days during my stay. Spotlessly clean and warmer than the swimming pool at the leisure centre at home! It was a delight to swim/relax in such stunning surroundings. I recommend the yoga sessions too - you don't have to be super fit or to take yourself too seriously!
Other recommendations would be a walk around the village - you get a true sense of real Goan life and everyone you meet is so friendly. Try some jewellery making - with Caroles patient tuition I made two necklaces for gifts. I visited Chris the Artist who again made me welcome - I did't make a coconunt spoon - but I did buy one...
As a lone woman traveller Carole was very happy to show me around the town of Margoa including a little jeweller where you could buy fantastic stones at fantastic prices then take them to the setter who was happy to make them to your own design - wow!
Carole and Norman were great hosts always ready with suggestions of where to visit and what to do. They happily arranged any transport I needed with a very competent local taxi driver.
Would I go again in monsoon season - YES. Yes it did rain - but mostly at night and when it did during the day it was so hot it was refreshing. So go on - take advantage of the monsoon discount rate and book yourself some peace and relaxation at Casa Susegad a place that really does live up to it's name and well earned reputaion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An imaginatively restored colonial mansion house only 20 minutes drive from beaches, with all of the friendliness and charm of a rural village setting. Set in one and a half acres of beautiful grounds we are surrounded by forest and jungle in what is often described as Goa's most beautiful village. Enjoy being pampered, well fed and thoroughly spoiled and find your own meaning for Susegad. Car and driver arranged on request; spa therapies, snooker, home theatre, local walking maps, wi-fi and yoga available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Casa Susegad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Susegad Hotel Loutolim
- Casa Susegad Goa/Loutolim