“poor choice- unclean”

Sorrento Inn
Sorrento Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was just looking for a cheap, clean place to lay my head while on a road trip. The girl at the front desk of the restaurant in Salmon Arm said that she thought that the Sorrento Inn might be ok for that purpose.

The no -smoking room smelled like cigarets and some harsh cleaner. There were spider webs and spiders everywhere and the door to the bathroom was stained and needed a wash. The little bar fridge smelled bad as well. I didn't let any of my gear touch fabric.... if I hadn't been so tired I would have continued on.

I am giving a two star because of the nice children manning the front desk- they were really sweet and did their best to help in a bad situation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jayeson H

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had booked a three day stay at this motel. Upon waking after our first night we turned back the bed spread only to find it in an unsanitary condition with numerous unlaundered bodily fluid stains (blood included) We asked to speak to the manager who could not be found, and the desk clerk was disgusted with the condition of the bedspread and promptly refunded our entire three day fee. Upon returning home we have discovered that our credit card had been charged a days accommodation at an inflated rate from the initial cost. When our booking agent contacted the motel, the motel claimed that we had left because we had made previous accommodation arrangements. The fact of the matter was, we had no place to stay and friends were able to get us into a B&B.One can only imagine the condition of the carpets, which were (of course) dark colored as was the bedspread.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Me and My family stayed in a bedroom suit. It was comfortable our night was quiet. The room was very clean. The pub next door had great food . The kitchen was spotless all the dishes were there as we needed. Our room had a balcony it was the best view of the lake. We will for sure come back in summer and stay here again ;)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank samta m
Reviewed January 9, 2013

loved every single moment spent at this place , every thing was really calm and beautiful , the breathtaking views of the mountainan or lake from all angles were amazing , we booked a big suite with two bedrooms , and they a have big kitchen in it , the best part was , they have kitchen stuff in it ,like plates , utensil ,knives , everything we need for cooking , and even they have really nice pub and restaurant with really good food and service . so i guess it was worth it , all of friends really enjoyed the stay , rooms were really big and spacious , and the service given by them were really really good , , so in the i will just say , ahhhh .. i love it ,. and i m going back again in summers

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank pranzilsharma
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We just returned home (oct 2012) from a wine tour of the okanagan & stopped in Sorrento to visit family. yes it was a little disconcerting to be checked in by two young teens but they seemed to know what they were doing. The room was clean and spacious. It was a pleasant surprise that we had a balcony patio with table & chairs in the back, looking out to the lake. Short walk to a lovely beach. We ate at the pub - clearly had just been renovated and was very nice. The food was excellent (pub food) & reasonably priced. We would go back.

Room Tip: all rooms are adjacent to the highway - but it seemed to get very quiet during the night. we had ask...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mrspaulh
Reviewed September 3, 2012

i think this place was the worst imaginable 10 year old kids working at office owners stealing from rooms way worse than any third world country i have been to smelly rooms someone was trying to get into my room when i was sleeping they rented my room out twice worst food in pub ever east indian owners avoid at all costs it doesnt even deserve a 1out of five and no im not being sarcastic this place is the worst.

Room Tip: none of the rooms avoid this place at all costs
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2012

In August of 2011, we had to stay overnight on the way home from our cross-Canada journey and this was the first place with vacancy for many kilometres. I went into the Office to rent the room and there were people everywhere; including toddlers and small children running and screaming. The place was owned and operated by an East Indian family and it appears that they all live in the back of the Office.
During my check-in, I was asked to write down my credit card information because they didn't use computers. I told them that I'd rather not do that. They insisted that it was necessary, even though I pre-paid my room using my credit card using their Interac/Debit/Credit terminal. As much as I hated to do so, we were starting to doze off while driving, so we had to stop here. I'll return to this point later.
We entered the room, and the smell of wet dog almost choked us. I wanted to call the Office to request another room, but there was no phone in the room. We decided to tough it out. When we fell onto the bed, from sheer exhaustion, it was lumpy and sagging into the center. Our 2 pillows were flatter/thinner than most crepes, so I gave mine to my husband who requires a thicker pillow.
After a horrible night of unrest and never being comfortable, we checked out. I was worried about them having my credit card number written down and asked for that paper back upon our check-out. The young man that was behind the counter wouldn't find my information in their file (an index box sitting on the back counter). I told him that I'd wait for them to find it, as they didn't need it anymore. My room had been paid for at check-in. With the assistance of a few other family members, they located my sheet of paper with my hand-written credit card number on it. I thanked him for finding it, folded it and tucked it into my purse. We left and headed down the highway toward home.
A couple weeks later, I saw a dozen different little charges posted to my credit card from online sites that I've never been on. The total was just over $500 Canadian. I immediately notified my credit card company that these were fraudulent charges as we were travelling together and never online during the time in question. The ensuing paperwork and electronic correspondence took months to sort out and the one and only place that we had to write down my credit card number seemed to be the likely source of the fraud, in my and the credit card company's opinion. After having a horrible night's stay in an old, smelly, outdated room, we were further disappointed by having to deal with credit card fraud. Never again!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
12  Thank KIMBERLY B

Been to Sorrento Inn? Share your experiences!