“Surprised”

Newk's Express Cafe
Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Byram
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 4, 2013

After a hard, long, dirty day of packing a 6x12 u haul we were finally ready to head back to IL. Wanted to get as far down the road as possible because we had heard there is bad weather coming. As we traveled I 55 N from Brookhaven, MS we decided to get something to eat. Our son suggested we try Newk's since we had never been. They had a nice selection of soups,salads and sandwiches. You order when you go in and they bring your order to you.
Very clean dinning area and a condiment table that was a real surprise. There were at least 8 selections such as: pickles, shredded cheese, curtons, garlic cloves and more. I had a bowl of soup with a half sandwich and I HAD to get a "doggy" bag for my sandwich. Their bowl of soup is huge.
Staff was friendly and helpful. Our first, but not last, meal at Newk's in Byram, Ms was a positive experience and we will try other Newks--when we find one.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Decided to opt for the Newk's Que and the chicken gumbo! Found my newest Thursday meal! Awesomely delicious!!! Great staff as well.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My family loves this Newks. The staff here are wonderful and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. Awesome food and awesome service makes me one happy customer.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very tasty menu items, efficient process, eat-in or take-out. I had 3 meals there, all were excellent; cost is reasonable; healthy ingredients.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

we were traveling and ask a local person, where to eat and they suggested Newk's. It was well worth the stop. Even though there is no sign n the interstate giving the directions, it was easy too locate about 1/2 mile west of I-55. It is a soup and sandwich place with some good desserts. It seemed like almost every employee tried to help us.

It was well worth the stop.

Been to Newk's Express Cafe? Share your experiences!