“Terrible Service and Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Byram
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Last weekend I spent two days as a guest in the Bates Hotel called “Holiday Inn Express”. I am a Priority Club member with Holiday Inn Express so I have high expectations for my choice. The service at the front desk was horrible. The toilet over filled and the desk refused to bring a plunger. “You’ll have to do that yourself, I’m busy”. When I shared my concerns at the desk I was treated with disrespect and lack of service. The rooms were halfway cleaned. I will NEVER AGAIN stay at this Holiday Inn Express. I would recommend the COMFORT INN on the other side of the interstate.

Room Tip: Keep driving!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 987DanB
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear 987DanB,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Member and writing feedback about your stay. It is very unfortunate that we were not able to meet your expectations on this day due to the level of service received from our staff. Your feedback will be addressed with them accordingly to ensure incidents like this do not happen again in the future.

Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Comfortable bed.. great staff... everything as it should be.. well managed. Special Kuodos to the lady that runs the breakfast, very well done at keeping everything clean, stocked, and fresh. Internet service was good... this is why I use HI Express

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel was nice, but had an odd odor in our room. It wasn't just in our rooms, it was in the hallways and lobby too. The pool is indoors and clean, but indoors so everything echoes. The continental breakfast was good.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Erica H ,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is great to read from our guests on how we are doing. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us monitor and improve the quality of our product and services we offer our guests.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was JUST ok for a quick overnight stay. When entered room, there was a horrible stench in the room. The front desk person happened to be accompanying us because our keys were not working. She indicated that the housekeeping people do not turn on the air conditioning when they are cleaning the rooms which leaves the small rooms smelling like a dirty gym.

I decided to just stay here because I would only be staying one night in this hotel. I don't know if I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kmari78
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Kmari78,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our apologies for the unusual smell of the room accommodations you received that fell below your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Daytime staff is very helpful, nighttime front desk attendant leaves much to be desired. Unpleasant, rude, condescending, and acts as if working in the hospitality service is beneath her. Twice I called with simple requests and was given smart a$$ responses.

The rooms were very clean, and the bed was super comfy. Unfortunately at no fault of the hotel, it is located about 2 miles from a dog food plant. The smell is atrocious and nauseating. It's very difficult to get a good night's rest when it smells as if you're sleeping in horse stables. I won't be staying again because of that alone.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank cojo31812
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear cojo31812,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am very glad that you found the bed to be super comfortable and the rooms very clean. I humbly extend an apology for the unsatisfactory service you received from the night staff. In addition, I am sorry you were negatively affected by the smell. Please be assured that all your comments are being reviewed by the management and actions will be taken accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This Holiday Inn is brand new, very nice good central location just south of Jackson, MS... only complaint was the smell coming off the freeway, come to find out there is a Dog food processing plant near by and was disgusting, however it never quite made it to the hotel, but we chose not to eat near by we went into Jackson.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The Hotel was decent, my room wasn't even cleaned. I had to remove the last guests' bar of soap from the shower. There was fast food trash on the desk - really?? How does the cleaning crew miss that? The last guests' door keys were left by the tv. The woman at the front desk when I checked in was less than friendly. My dog has a way better personality. The woman the next morning when I mentioned everything I found wrong with the room could have cared less.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Jeff C,

We greatly appreciate your feedback of our property. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the poor housekeeping service and level of staff service during your stay. Please be assured that we treat this matter seriously and actions will be taken by the team accordingly. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Byram
Red Lion Inn & Suites Byram
WoodSpring Suites Jackson South
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown
Americas Best Value Inn-Byram/Jackson South
Hampton Inn Richland
Hampton Inn Richland
#1 of 5 in Richland

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram? Share your experiences!