Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat hotelonly complaintbreakfast barcomfortable bedsfree breakfastturkey sausagechain hotelseggscookiesjackson areacartinterstatealexladydisplaylaundrymicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Hotel offers pleasant and very competent staff. The room was spacious with an upscale theme, very clean and relaxing. We were impressed with receiving a call from the front desk shortly after checkin to make sure our room met our expectations.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kansas75
Reviewed February 22, 2011

This hotel is extremely clean and quiet. The staff is professional, efficient and polite. My wife and I stayed at the hotel two nights one week apart. Both stays a Managers Reception was available for guests. This was a real deal maker for the hotel. Crackers, cheese, limited soft drinks and beer to me shows a real interest in customer service. This hotel appears to be attempting to set itself apart with excellent service. I believe it is successful.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank edmac48
Reviewed January 6, 2011

OK, I am going to make this as short and simple as possible.

My family and I checked in at this location on December 30th (late check in around 12:00 am Dec 31st). The next day we got up early and left to go see his mother. Although this location cost a little more than the surrounding locations, it appeared to be clean and was close to his mom.

Later that day, a tornado hit, which caused the power to be knocked out for the entire weekend. The hotel accommodated us by telling us to go to another Holiday Inn Express, which was over 30 miles away, hence defeating the purpose of why we wanted to stay over that way. My initial thought would be to go some place closer but then again, I am sure they will accommodate us and even compensate us for the distance or something. Being that it was 1:00 am and we had our kids with us, we decided to leave our luggage and just go to the other hotel as they advised us. Some helpful information before going to this new location is that these hotels are not affiliated. So it was pretty much like we where just getting into town and checking in. One thing I do have to say is that the Ridgeland location gave us the same rate as the Byram location was giving us (their prices are $20 more per night).

Long story short. I am currently going back and forth with the Byram location, trying to figure out why I have two charges on my account. One for $173.80 (Byram location) and one for $172.80 (Ridgeland location). I call the Guest Relation department and it appeared that they would handle the situation but because these locations are individually owned, they don’t control the billing.

I don’t get a call back for 3 days, so the 4th day, I called again, only to be encountered by a Case Manager that is not very friendly. He starts giving me his personal opinion about how it is not the hotels fault and what was I expecting. So, of coarse I would like to speak with his supervisor and of coarse he doesn’t put him/her on the phone. So I call again and speak with a very nice Case Manager whom was able to have the Byram location call me.

All and all, I know that the Bryam location did not conjure up the tornado and ask that the power be knocked out for the entire weekend but when your customers are inconvenienced, you should still go above and beyond to make that experience not so bad. I think that it was common sense that we should not be charged for the tornado night. I think that an additional percentage off to compensate for our out of the way travel that entire weekend would have been the above and beyond thing to do. But I guess customer service and appreciate is officially dead for the New Year.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank hope2332
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Stopped only for one night on my drive from New Orleans to Oxford. Just off the highway, easy on and off, great staff, very helpful, went out of its way to make me feel welcomed. Rooms are spotless,clean, comfortable, very nice flat screen HD tv, brand new. Definitely a great choice!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank bostona
Reviewed October 21, 2010

We had to make a trip to Byram for a funeral. I went with 6 other adult family members so we had several rooms. We all had wonderful beds to sleep in and the staff were the best. Thanks to them for making our stay easy. The breakfast was great. The rooms were SOOOOOO clean and very nicely done. I will definitely stay in Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family