“Another Great Meal”

Cuisines: Mexican
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Another Great Meal”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Been a few years since we've eaten here, happy to say, it's still great.

Staff friendly, food hot and plentiful.

This is our go to restaurant anytime we are in Byram.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank punkinlr

Redding, California
“Simply the Best Mexican food”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I was thoroughly impressed with this meal. The quail was cooked to perfection and flavored just right. Never at a Mexican restaurant was I given quail as an option for my meal. How could I resist it this time? I couldn't and I am glad I didn't. It was enough for two meals although it was hard to put the fork down to save some for later. Even with this amazing dish there is something else I have to mention that was even better. When we first sat down and received the chips and salsa there was something strange that I have never experienced in a Mexican restaurant before. There were no hot sauce bottles on the table. I've never found a house salsa that was spicy enough so I've always reached for the hot sauce bottles before even giving it a taste. After requesting some hot sauce to add to the salsa I was shocked to have a small bowl brought to my table. There were chili seeds floating about hinted at the level of spiciness and the darkness of the sauce told me there would be an intense smokiness. Yes, yes, yes indeed. All of the above!! I love spice and I know there are others out there just like me. If for no other reason visit this restaurant for this hot sauce alone. I took extra "to go" when I left. I added it to my salsa, large cheese dip, and all of my meal. The sopaipillia for desert was spared the addition of the sauce simply because my tongue needed the rest.
All in all, it was a great experience at a great price.

• Visited December 2013
“Great food!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Everything is great here. I like the chips & dip. The steak tacos are awesome. The hot sauce w/ the steak tacos is HOT so beware. Friendly staff & nice atmosphere. Highly recommend this place.

Raymond, Ms
“Big Change”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I ate here last night and was pleasantly surprised the food is much better and the services was great considering they were packed. It had been quit sometime since we had eaten here so we decided to give it another shot and glad that we did. In the center of the restaurant there was a lady making fresh tortillas from scratch they were fantastic and was all the food. We will definitely be back!

• Visited February 2013
Byram, Mississippi
“Great Food!”
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

I live in Byram and my family eats here about twice a month. Our food is always served to us hot and fresh, even when we place the order to go instead of dining in. My faves are the cheese dip and chicken fajita quesadilla. My husband loves the super steak burrito. Their alcoholic drinks are so so to be coming from a Mexican restaurant, but everything else is great! We'll definitely be back!

Been to El Sombrero Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!