First opened in 1891,burnt in1903,rebuilt in 1920 and then completely (from the foundation up) rebuit and restored (finished in 2010) the Sportman's Inn is a great place to stay.Located in Killarney on the channel seperating the North channel from the Georgian Bay, It provides the best in amenities whether you stay in the tastefully decorated rooms or at the marina docks,you will not be disappointed
They have a newly opened spa,a great and unique wine cellar,sportsbar,and great dining. The fish is the specialty and it is fresh caught locally every day. the Resort is run as a family business with the kids joining in as paid empolyees. Kevin and Rachelle McConnell,the owners, are there working hands on each and every day. The lodge is open from mid May to mid Sept.and.they offer canoes,Kayak,and water bycycle rentals if you do not have your own.We have stayed here many times before it was renovated, and the change is outstanding. I would recommend a top floor room with a more private balcony(all view the river) or a dock (newly renovated) on the lodge side.We stayed on our boat but used all the facilities.We were with 9 other boats and I did not hear one negative comment.They will soon renovate the docks across the channel,after 8pm you can use your dingy to make the crossing. They have full fuel and pump out available.This is a must place to stay if you are in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic village of Killarney on the north east side of Georgian Bay, Sportsman's Inn is a landmark hotel and marina. Multi-million dollar renovations were just completed in Oct. 2009 featuring the world famous pub, formal dining room, piano bar and exquisite rooms and suites. Each room in the main hotel has a fireplace, plasma TV, ceramic and glass showers and premium bedding.The hotel is the center of the best of what the area has to offer, full service marina, provisioning in season and is the focal point for boating, fishing, snowmobile trails, hunting, nature trails and everything imaginable for the perfect outing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sportsman's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sportsman`s Hotel Killarney
- Sportsman's Inn Killarney, Ontario, Canada