Book In Advance

from $199.00
More Info
from $37.50
More Info
All reviews thai border the cliff pickup truck day trip ticket office siem reap mountain top wheel drive stunning views steep road foreign tourists bullet holes international court of justice an adventure thai army long drive worth the effort
Reviewed March 5, 2015 via mobile

My parents and I visited Preah Vihear Temple in Feb 2015. The temples are very beautiful, there are a number of very fine carvings. The scenery is amazing, at the top of a cliff. It's definitely worth the drive from/to Siem Reap. We spent one night in a hotel a few kilometers from the temple.
We went there with our guide San Park, who accompanied us for our trip in Angkor and preah vihear. I can only recommend him. He is very professional, with an extensive knowledge of temples' history, Hindu mythology, Khmer civilization. He knows all the good locations and the right time to visit each temple. He is also very friendly and likes to chat and laugh. Finally, the tariff he applies are very reasonable.
His website is the following: http://www.angkor-temple-guides.com/Home.aspx . Email: sanpark.angkor@googlemail.com.
Phone: +855-12788354

11  Thank BuleDiJakarta
Reviewed March 4, 2015

I went there on January with my team work. The temple is in the UNESCO world heritage site. It is approximately 15 km from Sra Em town in Preah Vihear province. The scenery over there are extremely wonderful with the unique temple style Preah Vihear. When i reached there the environment around the temple it was very good actually and the people and soldiers around the temple were friendly and welcoming. I will be there again on Khmer New Year day with family. In the situations, I really enjoyed the things over there very much. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: January 2015
1  Thank Sothy P
Reviewed February 25, 2015

Preah Vihear temple complex is the second Cambodian UNESCO world heritage site , this is a amazing complex with wonderful view , this temple and Koh Ker Group and Beng Melea temple can be a great package a day tour from Siem Reap , I had great experience and a good day with Narin (A professional Cambodian tour guide) in there almost 1 week ago

Narin's address email ( angkornarin@yahoo.com ) and phone +855 12 630771 in Siem Reap

Bijan from Tehran - Iran

1  Thank Bijan1351
Reviewed February 21, 2015

Leaving at just after 7am it is a good 31/2 hours drive lots to see in the country side we booked a mini bus for 5 people as we wanted to stop at a few places on the way and the travel agent assured us it was only for us 5, that was a take as we ended up with 6 other people on the bus which made it very crowded and uncomfortable. the drive up was long but got to see a lot of Cambodian way of living. Alot of burning off and a warm dusty day inhibited our view from the top so would recommend after the wet season for a view of all boarders Laos, Thailand and Cambodia. Temple was amazing ,destruction from shelling quite recently can be seen. Take a passport or ID with you as is needed at the office before taking the car up to view the temple.Guide at the top was very informative and day was good as not many tourists.

2  Thank sue0156
Reviewed February 19, 2015

Yesterday 19th feb I did this day tour to the temple. Was picked up from the hotel, and joined the group. First impression was , it didn't looked organised, as the driver kept having to stop for this or that. Also the constant spitting of the driver out the window as he was driving through town. We stopped at a cafe and had breakfast , it was dread full. One couple from France ordered eggs, they didn't appear! So they cancelled their order . Eventually we headed on out to our destination. We were greeted by our guide who was delightful. We were served lunch , rice with veg, or a noodle dish with either pork or chicken. Yummy. Then we were placed into a 4wheel drive ute, and headed up the mountain, which only took about 10 mins. We were then given the tour of all three temples, and everything was explained terrifically by our guide. The scenery was magnificent of the landscape and the boarder. I was fascinated by all the police,security up there. They watch all the moves. It was /is a shame to see people still throw their rubbish around. Plastic bags, drinks bottles etc. After the tour, we headed back to our 4 wheel drive and down the mountain waving goodbye to the police on their respective posts. Into the van, and 3& half hrs later back to Siem Reap. Driver dropped myself and companion in Pub St where we indulged in a tasty pizza and a few cleansing ales that went down with no problems !!!!
Top day, top trip. Thoroughly recommend it.

2  Thank Carolyn I