“What is everyone going on about?”

Hotel Central Kriens
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Kriens
“What is everyone going on about?”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have no idea what the rest of you are whinging about, but this hotel was quite lovely. A charming family-run hotel with lovely décor. Not exactly The Ritz, but it's still very nice. Whinging tourists...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Matt K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I had stay there with group.
I think it's a family hotel, the staffs are friendly and helpful.
Have free wifi, but just in the lobby and frist floor.(it's OK, the main point is FREE haha)
My room is quite big, It's not bad, but a bit cold, may be It was snow and i was stay in the 5 floor....anyway I asked for one more quilt.
The hotel is next to the bus station, 15mins from town, it's really convenient.(party in town^^)
The food for our group, it's ok.(haha...I know how much I paid)

• Stayed January 2011
3 Thank Yoshi_kamimula
Paramus, New Jersey
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Our tour bus pulled up in front of what I thought was a bombed out building leftover from World War II. Then our tour guide picked up her bag, got off the bus and went inside. And I said "Oh God. Is this the hotel?"

This place is horrible. It smells musty and makes all kind of weird noises. It reminded me of the shack my friends' father would use to skin animals after he'd been hunting. Our first room was small and cramped, and only lit by a kerosine lamp. We got another one and there was a crack in the TV, dents in the wall fixed with duct tape. And when I turned on the hot water in the bathroom a centipede came out of the faucet.

I only stayed in this dump one night and I still have nightmares about it. On the bright side I didn't see any rats or mice, but probably because even they refuse to stay here.

• Stayed September 2010
5 Thank Triptaker327

Travelers are raving about these Kriens hotels

Ballina, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Food ------ Terrible .Given out bit by little bit . Very hard to help yourself to nothing .
Rooms ----- Dirty , Small / No Towels or Toilet Paper
Staff ------- Really need to be trained
Owner ---- Needs to step up her game no matter how long she says she has been running a hotel it"s a discrace .

Trafalgar Tours -- Really should have a better look at this hotel . People have paid good money to stay here . You could not pay me to stay there again . Wipe it of your books .

• Stayed August 2010
6 Thank onlymeplusone
Sweden
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I wanted to stay at Ibis, but it was full so instead they recommended this place. I stepped inside, and at the reception the hotel owner (woman) appeared. I got a room at the house next door, got a key to the room, and instructions on where to park my car. I walked to the room, and immediately noticed the bed had no pillow. I went back and asked for one, then returned to the room, and then returned to again ask for the pillow (it's OK, I just rather wanted it settled rather than be disturbed later). The lady went away and got me one. Back at the room, I discoved some dirt on the floor. The TV didn't work. Well, one cannot get everything and it was OK too. I went to bed, and discovered that the room was next to a street/road, with cars passing by and people speaking. Well, I managed to sleep OK. In the morning (I was awake), I heard a knock on my door, and the lady wanted me to move my car since I had parked it wrong and it blocked the way for some other guy. I moved it. (It may sound as if I parked stupid, but it's more to it than I write.) Well, later I checked out.
I found the hotel quite OK, though it's funny to read other people's comments here. I too thought of Fawlty Towers, as well as about Psycho and Norman Bates. I managed to take things the humorous way. This hotel also was a contrast to the hotel I stayed at the night before, which very expensive and luxorous (too luxorous for me).
If I visit the town again, I will likely choose another hotel. ;)
I find the other reviews here the be in accordance with my own impressions.
I didn't eat anything, not even breakfast. In hindsight, it seems to have been a wise choice. ;)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank SwedishBypasser
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Well i guess other people have said it to, but yeah this place really is the pits. Its was only because we were part of a tour group that we had no choice but to stay here. Maybe the people at Trafalgar themselves should come and stay here and see for themselves what this place is like. Our tour director took it upon himself to stay across the road in another hotel, how nice of him to subject us to this sort of treatment when he was obviously aware of the situation.

Terry from trafalgar, VERY VERY POOR............

Stayed May 2010
Surbiton, England
Reviewed July 17, 2010

The little hotel on the corner was great for someone like my self that likes shabby chic. After I read some of the reviews afterr a family member booked me in I was worried to say the least....I stayed at the very top of the hotel which was the newer part, so it was small but clean and the ensuite was fine.
The problems arose in the morning when I was having lie in (around 8.30am) when the door opened and the cleaner burst in. I put on some clothes, but they and the staff were nowher to be seen. I thought that it wa sa mistake, but the next evening made sure the door was locke don the indide(not great for health and saftey and fires etc) but the same thing would have happened an dthe doorknob was rattled along with the key from the outside-I flew out this time to be met by the cleaners, who seemingly did not speak in Swiss or eEglish.
The owner was not better when she received my complaint-she said she had told the cleaners before , but they dont listen!!!
Amazing!
But if you can hold a sense of humour....and like someone suitable said in a previous review like being in "an episode of faulty towers" then it may just turn into a cult classic.
I

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank M Katy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kriens
Hotel Central Luzern
#5 of 68 in Lucerne
Hotel Krone Luzern
Hotel Krone Luzern
#15 of 68 in Lucerne

Been to Hotel Central Kriens? Share your experiences!