“awesome food”

Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“awesome food”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

all their food is great !great menu and friendly staff,a wonderful place for a nice dinner ! the ribs are awesome ,love their margaritas!

Visited March 2013

Emmett, Idaho
“Top-notch service and food!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I travel to IF on business and stay at the Hampton Inn a few blocks away. The Ammon Texas Roadhouse has consistently been a great place to dine and tonight's experience was another pleasant experience! My server took the time to find out about my visit to town and made some suggestions before taking my order. The food was prepared quickly and arrived hot and tasty. I'm a sucker for their rolls and rib-eye - yum! I got in and out quickly and had a great serving experience. Although a chain, TR is a good bet when out with friends or dining out while on business.

• Visited April 2013
Rexburg, Idaho
“I used to love this place...had a bad experience last week.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I'm not sure this review is very fair. Let me start by saying that I have loved eating here and it is was one of my favorites in Idaho Falls. Staff are always friendly and efficient and food has been great every visit.....BUT and here is where I become sad.

My last visit with my family was going great. I ordered their fried catfish which I love and have had many times before. I ordered a house salad to go along with it.....things were moving along great, everyone's food was served and waitress was doing a really good job. When I get my salad, I start eating it and about 3/4 of the way through it, I raise my fork to my mouth and I notice a piece of lettuce move when my fork did. Ummm, not the best experience when you are eating. I looked closer and there was a long black hair attached to my fork and also the lettuce (which is why the lettuce moved). I light brown hair and I shave my head so it isn't from me. When the waitress came by I showed her and her response was "I don't know how that happened because our lettuce is prepped all by guys who wear hair nets." I didn't know how it happened either but what I did see was a long black hair in the salad that I had been eating.

At this point my appetite was gone, the waitress asked if she could bring me another salad...I declined, not really up to it at that point. The manager or supervisor came by and asked if I wanted another salad or side but I had lost my appetite. The catfish was brought out, I couldn't eat it, even it looked like it would have been good. I'm sad, because this was one of my favorite places to eat in Idaho Falls. I'm not sure this is an experience I can overcome. I don't think they should have charged me for the meal since they could see that I didn't eat it. However I think everyone else's food was good despite my experience. At least I noticed the lettuce moving before I had the hair in my mouth. :(

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Snowballer49
West Yellowstone
“Always excellent-still the best value in town”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We travel through the Idaho Falls area often to shop and enjoy dining options not available locally. We constantly explore new restaurants but often come back here for two main reasons. We have never had a bad meal or poor service and have never found a better value anywhere in the area or anywhere else we travel to. I don't know how they can keep their prices so low and consistently offer top quality food and service. The sirloin in various size options is the best steak value in the country and exceedingly better than a similar offering by Outback whose quality fell victim to competitive pricing. I would choose Texas Roadhouse for the bread alone over most restaurants. We will continue to explore alternatives for variety but will always come back to this restaurant on a regular basis.

Visited April 2013
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Good but Crowded”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The food is good. After you're seated, they bring you a bucket of peanuts with your drinks. The atmosphere is good too, but it so crowded, and the tables are so crammed together, that if there was every a fire or emergency, it would be a disaster. I don't know why the fire inspectors let it remain this way.

• Visited February 2013