“Best incarnation of piedmontese food and wine”

Ristorante Belbo da Bardon
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Best incarnation of piedmontese food and wine”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We recently had a meal at Bardon, where we attended with a local wine producer (Vigne Juste). The meal was excellent - lamb shank and the cheese selection were out of this world.
We had a fascinating La Spinetta Sauvingnon Blanc to begin with, alongside extremely freshly prepared antipasti. An impeccably chosen Barolo with a good vintage was served alongside our main course attentively and with such passion.
We were lucky enough to visit the wine cellar after our meal, which my winemaking host had arranged, and were treated to nothing less than the most appealing and interesting assortment of Piedmont's very finest vintages. I would imagine they could be the only restaurant in the world with some of the rarest ones. Incredible experience and you must go if you want an authentic experience of top Piedmont food and wine.

• Visited June 2014

Phoenix, Arizona
“Terrific - single best pasta ever.”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Charming place with charming people. Extraordinary wine list - great selection of Barolo and Barbaresco with vintage depth and amazingly low prices. The plin (Piemontese specialty pasta) was tender and elegant, packed with flavor and not to be missed. Beautiful setting out in the country making it a bit hard to find so do your homework on mapping or gps.

sao paulo
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Ristorante Belbo da Bardon continues to be one of my favourite restaurants in Italy. I have been there several times and I always look forward to upcoming visits. I have never seeing its menu, if they have one, but they always come upfront with irresistible suggestions, for all tastes. They have a wine list that is compared to very expensive and luxurious restaurants but their price, as of all dishes, are very, very reasonable. Service is conducted by experienced and friendly faces: Gino, Andrea, Sara and Antonio. They take care of guests and make sure they are happy. Use your GPS to get there which is, sometimes, an adventure. As you approach, you will see signs indicating the "last mile" to the restaurant door. The restaurant is somewhat in the country side. If you are looking for excellent food, reasonable price and great service, don't miss Bardon. A. Gaspar

• Visited February 2014
Fossano, Italy
“Food That Satisfies The Soul”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The place is really cozy and the staff is extremely nice! Don't go if you are not hungry!

The portions were excellent and everything we ate was very well done. The bollito misto, even if I am not a fan, was very impressive as they brought all the parts out on the tray and cut and served it on the spot with all the sauces to go.

There is nothing fancy about the presentation of the food. They bring it out in hot pans for you which I love and they have got a great wine list too.

The only thing I was a little disappointed in was the cheese platter. I had to ask the waitress which cheeses she put on my plate otherwise she wouldn't have told me. The cheese selection was ok, but I was expecting better local cheese especially after reading the reviews. Maybe they just didn't have much that day.

Anyway, big thumbs up for me!

London, United Kingdom
“Really tasty and friendly waiter”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had a full meal there with antipasti, primo piatto, secondo piatto, cheese and “basta” as we just could not ingest anything more at this stage...It is simple food but typical and tasty. Our favourite dishes were the cardoon with cheese sauce (mainly because we had never tasted this vegetable before), the slow-cooked lamb shank and the beautiful cheese board.

1 Thank Virginie M