“Always a Great Meal!”

Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is one place you can be sure you will get quality. The service is impeccable and would venture to say the most consistent in the city. I have never had a bad meal. Always top notch. The meats are what this place is known for. The local lomito is fantastic while the Argentinian Entrana stake is the most flavorful. If your in town don't even think about it. You will be very happy! By the way the meat empanadas are to die for! Perez Family

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I was sceptical of this place after reading other reviews that say it is pricey and had poor service. I was pleasantly surprised. Not going to lie, I enjoyed sitting indoors for a change, Pura Vida aside. We sat in front of the wine racks and felt like we were in Buenos Aires. My husband is Argentinean andh e found the Milanes Napolitana to be excellent. Our waiter, Hugo, was nice, attentive and gave us a tour of the Vineria in the back where they stoe wines to be sold at cheaper prices so you can uncork them in the restaurant. Very pretty place with indoor and outdoor seating. Parking is free and convenient. My milanesa was delish as were the sides of potatoe chips and maduros with cinnamon. I wouls definitely recommned this place.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We're actually regulars at El Novillo Alegre. They have a great discount if you have an AMEX. If you're as much as a meat lover as I am, DO NOT miss out on the Entrana. It is spectacular. Having said this, be ready to pay around $25 to $30 bucks a dish....

Reviewed May 3, 2012

The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and typical Argentinian tango was playing the whole time. The food was delicious, however very overpriced unless you have a Costa Rican credit card from a specific bank (where they give 30-50% off), so you can imagine the markup. Entrees average about $30. Appetizers cost around $15. Salads average around $18. Desserts around $10. None of us are drinkers, so we didn't order the wine. If you're not drinking alcohol, expect to pay $45 per person.

They serve you some delicious complimentary homemade breads before your meal with different dipping sauces. Milanesa chicken and veal were both tender and tasty. French fries were exactly the same that you would get at Taco Bell. Baked potato was served with nothing to put on it (no sour cream, chives, cheese, nothing). Their "natural" mango juice tasted like it came from a box and was watered down (I would know - I make my own freshly squeezed mango juice about once a week and this wasn't it). Three of the four entrees arrived quickly and the other one about 3-4 minutes later. The service overall was terrible. During our meal never once asked us how things were. After we finished eating, we all sat there for half an hour just talking and finally decided decided to flag a waiter down to get the bill and clear the table of the dirty dishes. Nobody asked if we wanted another drink, or dessert and finally when they delivered the bill to us someone who wasn't our waiter asked how the meal was.

If you have a credit card from Credomatic or if money is not an issue to you, it's really not that bad. If you're looking to try something different, give it a try. We might have just lucked out with one bad waiter. If not, I would look somewhere else. You can find similar places for 40-50% less than what they charge here.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Meat was not tender and truly not an enjoyable meal.