We found out about Casa Bella Rita through trip advisor and it was everything we hoped for and more.
Steve and Rita are incredibly sweet people who made us feel right at home. I'll start from the beginning.
Steve picked us up from the airport and we rode with him to the B&B. I have to be honest, when you first get up to the building its not very impressive as there is a massive wall that prevents you from seeing into the grounds of the home. However, once you open the gate, its like a secret garden inside. The atrium is full of flowers and a beautiful fountain. As we walked in we were greeted by Rata and Topo (rat and mouse) and by Rita, the B&B's namesake. Rita gave us a tour of the home and showed us to our room. Since we were on our honeymoon they put a bottle of champagne, a fruit plate, and tons of flowers in our room for when we arrived.
We were really hungry on arrival and after polishing off the fruit plate we were in the mood for some local cuisine. Steve recommended a place right down the street (Meme's) and even wrote down some of his favorite dishes. We ordered everything he suggested and it was fabulous. Especially the Bavaria Negras.
We spent the evening drinking champagne, looking over the gorge and chatting with a couple other guests. Breakfast the next morning was delicious french toast with fresh juice and coffee. Steve drove us to the airport right after so we could catch our flight to Osa (see our review of Bosque del Cabo).
Overall it was a great experience and next time we're in Costa Rica we'll plan to spend a couple of nights with Steve and Rita.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Central Valley's finest Bed & Breakfast. Casa Bella Rita is private and luxurious and within minutes of the airport, San Jose, Poas Volcano, coffee plantations, botanical gardens and other popular sites. Complimentary airport pick-up and gourmet breakfasts are included. Each room has a cable TV, AC, honor bar, safe, custom furniture, high quality mattresses and bedding and private bathroom. Perfect for your home base while touring Costa Rica, honeymoons, business travel or your first and last night's stay. Breathtaking views of the canyon, WIFI, computer station and friendly dogs on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed And Breakfast
- Casa Bella Rita Boutique Hotel Santa Ana
- Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast Costa Rica/Province Of San Jose - Santa Ana