“Awesome place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Santa Ana B&B and Inns
California
“Awesome place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2008

Let me just start by saying Casa Bella Rita was a beautiful meticulously cared for wonderful bed and breakfast. My husband and I stayed there on October 11th and October 19th. I have never stayed at a place where the owners made you feel as comfortable and really go out of their way to do special things for you aka Steve and Rita. I will give you a few examples of going above and beyond anything we would of expected. 1. I had something bad happen to us at the beginning of the vacation
wont go into details but Steve and Rita stayed up listening to how upset I was about the situation really let me vent and cared and shared some similiar situations with me. 2. Steve takes my husband and I to meet the interbus at another hotel at no charge
thought that was really really nice of him. 3. Last night there it was pouring my husband and I were exhausted and hungry. Steve and Rita went out and brought us back a pizza which by the way was fantastic. So other then just telling you how great and comfortable this place was I wanted to share about the kind of people who run it as well. We will definately be back in 1 year or less Rita YOU KNOW What I mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We loved it there and really felt like we were staying with family or friends.
Love you guys and your beautiful home,
Thank you for the awesome time.
Gina and Mike

• Liked — The owners
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2008

I could tell from the first time I called Casa Bella Rita to make my reservation that I was going to be in good hands when we arrived and I was absolutely right!

Talk about hospitality - Rita and Steve are the best hosts ever. We felt relaxed the moment we stepped foot in their gorgeous B&B. Their adorable and well-mannered dogs Topo and Rata even greeted us with wagging tails - who wouldn't love that?!

This was my first trip to Costa Rica and I didn't have time to research things to do but it was totally fine because Rita & Steve were walking guide books, offering plenty of suggestions and interesting activities to make the most out of our trip.

The daily breakfasts, fresh-brewed coffee, and home-cooked meals prepared by Chez Steve were delightful and I bet his customers at his old restaurant in Michigan miss his cooking as much as we do.

We just got home a week ago but are already planning another visit so we can re-connect with our new friends at CBR and explore all the wonderful things Costa Rica has to offer.

Thanks to everyone on TripAdvisor who wrote reviews -- your comments were right on -- CBR Rocks!

• Liked — The Hosts, Topo & Rata, Canyon View and Fabulous Food
  • Disliked — We couldn't stay longer!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank urbansugar
St Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2008

I will put it this way - I did all the planning for our trip so my DH had no idea what this place would look like. His exact word when we wallked inside "WOW this is AWESOME!" He was awstruck by how wonderful the property is. He just walked around saying "WOW I love this place!" It is well arranged and the second you walk into the door you truly feel like they are thrilled to have you there. They are helpful and accomodating. Steve made us a wonderful dinner after our hard day of shopping in the rain in San Jose. It was the best ribs I have ever tasted. We sat around and talked with them for hours. It felt like we were staying with longtime friends. We unfortunately only got to stay one night (our last night of our trip) but I wished we had booked for more time. Spread the word this place lives up to and surpasses EVERY expectation you could have. WE LOVED IT!!!!

• Liked — Steve and Rita
  • Disliked — I didn't get have more time to stay longer
  • Stayed October 2008
Grande Prairie, AB Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2008

All, I can say is "WOW' This place is not only beautiful and cozy but Rita and Steve are wonderful and caring people, who made the stay wonderful. It was like visiting old friends, and I know I will revisit them again. They are both wonderful cooks...Rita made the best cookies, and Steve made a wonderful supper. The rooms are gorgeous. You simply can't go wrong booking here. Steve even dropped us off at the airport and Rita made us a wonderful lunch...try the Zuchinni bread...its amazing.

• Liked — Steve & Rita, and the beautiful rooms & food...ok everything!
  • Disliked — everything was great!
Ft. Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2008

Casa Bella Rita was a great beginning of our trip to Costa Rica. We landed in San Jose, and Steve (one of the owners) met us at the airport and drove us to the B & B, where we met his wonderful wife (Rita). We thoroughly enjoyed getting to know both Steve and Rita, and we instantly connected with them! After giving us a glass of fresh lemonade, they showed us to our room, which was superbly decorated and instantly comfortable. The decor is bright and inviting, and the warm feeling of coming home was immediately evident, even though we had never been there before. We were made to feel that the B & B was our home, and indeed it felt that comfortable. Steve and Rita were the superb hosts, adding that intangible factor that takes a great B & B and turns it into a place to remember for a long time.

Although we were only able to stay at Casa Bella Rita for one night due to previous plans, we feel like we have found a new home and new friends in Steve and Rita. The warmth and charm of the B & B and the owners, the cleanliness of the property, and the ambiance, not to mention the phenomenal breakfast prepared by Steve, make this the only place that we will stay when we come back to San Jose, which we hope will be often!

• Liked — Steve and Rita (the owners), the accomodations, decorations, ambiance, breakfast
  • Disliked — There is nothing we didn't like!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2008

Casa Bella Rita does it all right. First of all, the inn is amazing. It is cozy enough to be a bed and breakfast, but it is big enough to give you some breathing room. Steve and Rita (the owners) are like visiting old friends that accommodate to your every need. The rooms are very well decorated and extremely comfortable. The inn sits on the edge of one of the most beautiful canyons that you have ever seen.
My wife and I stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon, and Steve and Rita were more than dedicated to giving us the best service we could offer. You will genuinely feel like you have made two great friends after leaving this place. The service is great because its not really service. You can tell that they actually love what they are doing and go the extra mile to make sure you are satisfied.
And, the food is out of this world. We ate two exquisite breakfasts and two great dinners, and they were some of the best meals we had our entire trip. If you are going anywhere near San Jose, you must check this place out. I can't say enough good things about it.

• Liked — The location and the service.
  • Disliked — We loved everything
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2008

Casa Bella Rita

Our stay with Steve and Rita couldn't have been any better. I have traveled quite a bit and they were the most accomodating hosts that I have had.

It was our first trip to Costa Rica and Rita help us tremendously before we even arrived by booking interbus travel and assisting us with choosing activities and making reservations for us.

The owners of Casa Bella Rita (CBR), Steve and Rita went above and beyond to take any worries away while we were with them and thoughout CR. Steve himself picked us up at the airport. This usually costs $35 to $40. It was nice to see a "familiar" face and not have to be troubled with trying to negotiate a fare and hope they knew where to go. After a 15 hour travel day this was so nice.

When we arrived at CBR, we were greeted by Rita and the two sweetest pups you have ever met, Topo and Rata. If you aren't a dog lover, don't worry, these pups are quiet and not a bother, but rather just part of the scenery at CBR. Rita and Steve immediately offered up a beer, which we happily accepted. The best part is that it was in an ice cold frosty mug! Yum! Then we chatted with the two of them for an hour or two sharing stories and picking their brains for the rest of our trip in CR. As previously mentioned, they are so helpful and booked our other travel within CR.

CBR is a beautiful place. Rita and Steve are both former restaurant owners and they said they have a combined 65 years in the hospitality industry - IT SHOWS! The B&B is a quaint, quiet and peaceful 6 bedroom place with a nice deck with a small pool and a view that is spectacular. They sit on the edge of a deep canyon with a river running through it that you can hear from the tiled deck. In the evenings we would sit out here and chat and read and soak up the view and wait for the sun to set!

As I mentioned, both came from the restaurant industry and that was reflected in the breakfasts. Steve asked us what we wanted the first day. We said it didn't matter. He rattled off a looooong list of choices. We said eggs and toast would be just fine. We were surprised when Steve delivered scrambled eggs with cheese and fresh veggies along with our requested toast, but also potatoes, a huge bowl of fresh fruit and coffee, tea, juice and water. The next morning we had cinnamon raisin french toast and fruit and it was equally as delicious!

The rooms are well done with nice decor, comfortable beds and private baths. They also have AC should you need it. Our room even had a little fridge in it and a safe if you want to use it, but we felt like everything was safe.

The other staff was also very nice. Eric the housekeeper and all around handyman greeted us with a smile each morning. They arranged for us to have a car to get around San Jose and the surrounding areas. That was a nice thing to have. He was English speaking and it was a great convenience.

The long and short of it is that we highly recommend CBR, especially if it is your first trip to CR and would like a bit of assistance with choices and arrangements. Rita and Steve do all of these extra services with no extra payment required. It was invaluable and such a great experience. Thank you Steve and Rita!!!

• Liked — The Owners and the Beautiful view!
  • Disliked — Every thing was perfect
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
#5 of 8 in Santa Ana
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
#2 of 15 in Escazu

Been to Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!