“Great place to chill out!”

Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Santa Ana B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here the previous two nights prior to flying down the coast to a spiritual yoga retreat, and the Bellarita was recommended by the establishment where I am now. This is a beautiful property off in a residential neighborhood in a suburb of San Jose. The facility is beautiful, although separated from the neighborhood by high walls and barbed wire, although the area certainly did not seem onerous. The art filled house is a delight to the eye and the rooms most attractive, and the breakfast was fine. There is a small swimming pool, on the chilly side, and a knockout view on the edge of the " Grand Canyon of Costa Rica. " I did no sightseeing in this area, just content in this case to enjoy the surroundings. The hosts furnished me a modest but adequate dinner the first night, as I came in rather late, picked up by the owner. The second night I walked about a mile down a busy highway to a local restaurant, Zampodo's, which is a casual place, but I had a most tasty seafood dinner with a good half bottle of Chilean white wine. The walk along the highway, however, is not exactly pedestrian friendly, and had it been after dark returning, I would have called a cab. Steve and Rita run a really fine establishment, and I enthusiastically recommend Casa Bellarita.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I got recommended Casa Bella Rita by some friends, and I were only staying for one night.
It was the start of my trip around Costa Rica and Rita and Steve helped me have the perfect start! Rita help me organize my transport further on, in advance. Steve picked me up at the airport when I came, and they got me to my pick up the next day.
The breakfast was delicious and the view breathtaking.
I would defiantly stay here again :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I returned for a visit to Costa Rica after 22 years. We opted to stay out of San Jose for our first and last nights and couldn't have been more pleased with this beautiful spot and our 2 wonderful hosts, Rita and Steve. You truly feel like you are visiting friends, rather than just paying for a room. Their home is lovely, looking over a spectacular river gorge. It is only 20 minutes from the airport and Steve picked us up on arrival and they arranged for a cab for our departure. The setting is peaceful, comfortable, friendly. Rita and Steve obviously enjoy what they do and are very dedicated to making sure you enjoy your stay. Breakfast was delicious and they are very flexible with meal preparation. Our sadness at having our trip come to an end was truly tempered by the fact that we spent our last evening here, and we were kindly invited out to dinner with Steve and Rita, at a sweet local spot for some delicious Mexican food ( ahhhh, the Monster Burrito!), that we would never have known about, if not for our gracious hosts. We certainly hope that we can spend time at Hotel Bella Rita, again, with Steve and Rita, their sweet little dogs and birds. It was a perfect start and finish to a wonderful trip!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We just spent 4 lovely nights in January at Casa Bella Rita. The B&B exudes charm and comfort and Steve and Rita are very gracious and welcoming hosts. Rita made planning our trip to Costa Rica much easier by arranging drivers and accommodations in two of the other locations we visited. She even arranged a rafting trip for us.Breakfast was wonderful and especially nice in the beautiful outdoor veranda. This is definitely somewhere we will return .
Kay, Davis and Thompson

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I just got back from our first trip to Costa Rica. We had beautiful accommodations at Casa Bella Rita for 3 nights and really enjoyed the hospitality, food and atmosphere. And all the home-cooked food was excellent. You could tell all the returning guests had become friends and were already looking forward to their next trip. Rita was also VERY helpful in helping us arrange other trips and lodging in Costa Rica. Can't thank her and Steve enough for a great trip!

Room Tip: I saw most of the rooms and they all seemed very nice.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We just enjoyed the great hospitality of Steve and Rita in this luxury pad on the rim of the river canyon in Santa Ana. The food, room and quiet were wonderful, and the free wifi was fast.

One of the best things about B&B travel is the chance to learn from the proprietors, and Steve and Rita were most helpful in orienting us to local restaurants and attractions.

Recommended!

Room Tip: We had the Colibri room, opening on the huge upper lounge. Left the windows open in the shower for v...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I booked two nights with Steve and Rita for my recent belated honeymoon. We stayed with them the night we arrived in Costa Rica, and the night before we left. Upon our arrival, Steve greeted us at the airport and brought us to his beautiful home, offering to make us grilled cheese sandwiches because dining options were mostly closed due to it being a holiday. We enjoyed our sandwiches in the back patio area, listening to the sounds of the forest bordering the property. We had a restful night in the gorgeously decorated and spacious Canopy room. We were sad to leave so early the next morning to get to our next destination.
Upon returning to Steve and Rita's after we had traveled for 10 days, we felt grateful knowing that our last night would be in such a wonderful, home-like setting with two very genuine, caring, and friendly people. After some less pleasant experiences, we really looked forward to seeing Steve and Rita's familiar faces and spending time in what we knew would be an extraordinarily comfortable and beautiful environment.
Steve and Rita seem to really care about their community, and their activism in animal rights is impressive. Their own dogs are delightful; even a cat-centric person such as myself appreciated these friendly and well-behaved little guys; they have clearly been raised with a lot of love, and they emulate that love back into their surroundings.
I would recommend this wonderful B&B to anyone; we left Costa Rica feeling energized by our positive experience with Steve and Rita.
Also- though our flight required us to leave the house at 5:15 am, Rita was awake and had coffee waiting for us, along with a bagged breakfast of banana bread and bananas. Charming details that make the stay that much more wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Costaricamommy, Owner at Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you for the great review. We enjoyed having you stay with and your travel stories along the way. We are excited to reach the 500 review mark and we owe it all to our fantastic past guests who have taken the time to recognize our beautiful bed and breakfast. To all of our former guests that have stayed with us we would like to thank you and if we don't address each review separately it's not because it has gone unnoticed, we appreciate the time taken and your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
#2 of 14 in Escazu
Courtyard San Jose Airport Alajuela

Been to Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!