My aunt and I were lucky enough to come across this wonderful place when our original destination hotel had water problems. It was one of the most relaxing and fun places I have ever stayed. My room, number 4, had a high ceiling, beautiful wood floors, a wonderful slate shower with plenty of hot water. My vanity area had a huge window in the ceiling letting in natural light, and a view of the beautiful tropical trees surrounding the place. I also had a wonderful glass wall across from my bed, that i opened up in the morning to views of the forest and birds. I had two cozy chairs, great for reading, a frig, large flatscreen, and nice desk. The king size bed was so comfy and air conditioning worked wonderful. We had a very hardy breakfast every morning in the courtyard, including fruit, juices, coffee, eggs and the Costa Rica norm, rice and beans. We had dinner there 3 of our 5 nights and the menu is extensive and the food super, especially the spring rolls! The owner and his three childen made us feel like we were family and the staff were all so sweet. Blass, our morning waiter was especially great! The gardens are amazing. Take time to walk through them, and the main house slowly so you won't miss all the interesting things there is to see. Corteza Amarilla and its people will forever be in my heart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm and professional hotel personnel will greet you into your home away from home in San Jose. Originally built in 1993 as a residential home with pieces of demolished houses from San Jose; Corteza Amarilla is a true jewel with great arquitectural value. Located just a few minutes from commercial leisure, entertainment districts and corporate headquarters. Accomodations: The 11 junior suites and 2 master suites have a great decoration that surrounds the marvelous gardens found in the property. You will find that the oversized rooms offer comfort, elegance and a unique ambiance. All of them well equipped with free wireless internet, air conditioning, cable TV and mini bar. Restaurant Corteza Amarilla Fine Dining features fusion cuisine where international and local flavors will take you into a flavorful gastronomical journey. All together with eclectic decoration and a magical ambiance that will make of your meal a great and memorable experience. Also home to Unikornio Club where you can relax with great cocktails and delicious hors de oeuvres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Corteza Amarilla Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corteza Amarilla Hotel Santa Ana
- Corteza Amarilla Lodge Costa Rica/Province Of San Jose - Santa Ana