“Outstanding Experience - Fabulous Food - Incredible Service.”
Review of Andiamo La

Andiamo La
Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Santa Ana, Costa Rica
“Outstanding Experience - Fabulous Food - Incredible Service.”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was my third time to visit Andiamo La and again, I wasn't disappointed. I had guests from Texas and Idaho and after a long day of touring they wanted to enjoy a nice dinner, After giving them three recommendations of my favorite restaurants they chose Andiamon La. It was a Sunday afternoon and knowing they closed at 6pm we rushed to arrive by 5:30pm. They were gracious, accommodating and sat us at a lovely table alfresco. The waiter Hector was professional and had a great sense of humor. Two of us had the Pescatore Al Forno which I recommended since I had it before. Since it is a full filleted Sea Bass one of the guests asked that
they remove the head. Done. One guest has muscles and one a chicken dish. They loved the wine selection and really enjoyed a full bodied cab from Argentina. The sides of grilled tomatoes and potatoe were just perfect. We all had a great time and my guests kept raving about finding such a great restaurant in Costa Rica. I explained that this was their first night and Costa Rica had many fabulous restaurants for them to experience.

Their reply was "They would have to be pretty special to beat Andiamo La" Thanks again for providing my guests with another great dining experience.

• Visited June 2013

Costa Rica
“Best Italian Restaurant in San Jose West”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Best traditional Italian Restaurant in San Jose West. Nice ambiance, food quality is above the Costa Rica standard although prices are a bit high

Visited May 2013
Punta Arenas, Costa Rica
“Delicious Food, Great Wine Selection, Great Ambiance”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I love this restaurant! While there are many new places popping up in the Santa Ana and Escazu area, few capture the "fine dining" experience combining a good menu, well prepared dishes, great wine, excellent service and a setting that allows you to sit back and truly enjoy a delicious meal. This place does it so well you forget you are right off of a main road busy with traffic. Our first time here was for lunch and I had just arrived from a busy trip to the states and was coming down with a nasty cold. I had no appetite and no desire to eat whatsoever, let alone enjoy a glass of wine, but that all changed as we walked through the restaurant to our table and I was able to see amazing plates of food being enjoyed by other patrons and wine in their appropriate wine glasses. Our lunch was beyond delicious! From soup and starters, our main dish and salad...and a few glasses of wine, everything was prepared and served perfectly. I look forward to many more meals here!

• Visited December 2012
Los Angeles, California
“A truly excellent addition..”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We visited the 'other' Andiamo La at the other side of town 10 months ago, and heard that this one was about to open. Super. Larger, more modern, but superb styling. We arrived at 6.50pm .. the place was almost empty? But the usual superb service ... admirably looked after by Fabio (whose English is very good). Great starter, excellent wine by the glass, and the Veal Parmigan and Veal Marsala both to die for. The pasta perfectly cooked with fabulous sauces. Ah ... and by 8pm the restautant was FULL and humming ( a Monday night).but they were coping fine.. but moral .. go early!!!

• Visited May 2013
Santa Ana, Costa Rica
“Andiamo La' Santa Ana-Our first visit”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Spacious, attractive restaurant with two external terrace areas ( one of which overlooks the local supermarket car park), tables well spaced so that a good atmosphere is combined with sufficient personal space. Ample off street parking around the restaurant. Only open a few months, but very popular, on an earlier visit without reservation on a Tuesday evening the wait would have been 45 minutes, we elected to go elsewhere. Our first visit therefore was our second attempt, reservation recommended.
Good menu selection, pasta, pizza, meat and fish. The same menu applies at lunch and dinner.
Service prompt and attentive, not intrusive. One of the waiters recognized my wife from a restaurant we used to frequent several years ago, he came over, chatted pleasantly and then moved on.
The wine list is good. We chose the options by the glass, my choice a pinot grigio, my wife chardonnay, both very acceptable and comfortably priced, we each had a second glass.
As to the food, we shared fried calamari as in our experience good kitchens do this very well, it was fine but certainly not the best we have had. My wife then had veal marsala, another standard dish , which was very tasty although the veal could have been more tender. This was accompanied by a selection of vegetables the best of which was the camote ( sweet potato) however in general this side lacked TLC. I chose trio of ravioli which was a good size portion and quite tasty, would have it again however maybe as a shared starter.
In summary a very enjoyable experience, not inexpensive but not overpriced, and we consider we received good value, and this restaurant is very close to our home in Santa Ana. Only question mark we have is about the food, our view is that it did not live up to the other reviews we have read, not sure if our expectations are higher, or we did not choose well, or maybe an off night in the kitchen. We will certainly try Andiamo La' again, probably next time at lunch and will try the pizza. Even if we find the food offering does not become our preferred dining option certainly for the surroundings, service, location etc could become a favorite for a late afternoon coffee, dessert, and glass of wine.

• Visited May 2013