Hotel Posada Canal Grande
$90
$90
$77
Agoda.com
Hotel Casa Alegre / Posada Nena(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$67
Hotel Luisiana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$40
$39
Travelocity
$236
$145
Out of Bounds Hotel(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$54
$51
Apartotel Don Francisco(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$50
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfruit treessan josecosta ricascreened windowsclose to the airportbeautiful hotelspoke englishhidden gemtreated like familysmall hotelnice breakfastlast nightpura vidaelizabethfurnituregpstaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last night of our trip to Costa Rica. Had difficult time finding it but once we did it was wonderful experience. Great way to end the busy 10 days. Elisa was wonderful at everything she did including helping us carry our luggage upstairs. She did inform us of the dinner special but did not pressure us into it. Did advise us on a restaurant not far from hotel down the hill towards town that we enjoyed. I wanted my Cerviche for the last time before we left. She also helped me with computer and getting our boarding passes printed for next day. Beautiful location looking out over the mountains. Nice breeze which we enjoyed up in our room at night. Flowers and entire grounds were nicely manicured. Outside beds near pool were wonderful for relaxing in that night. Great way to wind down. Beautiful sunset.Great price.Large rooms. Wonderfully decorated hotel. We can't say anything negative about our stay here.Short trip to airport get directions from Elisa for best results.

Room Tip: upstair rooms have wonderful view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank theresa_meetzelpn
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very charming beautiful hotel with special style, beautiful flowers, very nice pool, fantastic breakfast and eating area outside, very nice authentic furntiures, large rooms. A perfect place if you don't want to be in San Jose itself and not too far from the airport. Service minded staff as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Anki59
Reviewed February 16, 2013

While reading some of the other reviews I was surprised by their negative customer service experience. We dealt with Elisa the entire time who was incredibly professional and friendly, and she seemed to carry the entire hotel on her back!

When we checked in she was the one handling the front doors and helped us carry our bags to the second floor. She also informed us about dinner which isn't a sure bet because it was done on request as they purchased the food the same day and needed an exact number from the guests (minimum order required).

Elisa was also attending to the guests as she was the one to get us pool towels and inform us that dinner was confirmed.

At dinner time she was also the chef and helped out with serving! The food was a gourmet meal, nicely plated, hot and straight from the stove. We had a guacamole-esque (with olive oil and balsamic vinegar) spread and a tomato salsa served with a toasted tortilla to start. It was delicious, though not exciting. The main dish was sea bass crusted with capers and olive (I think), a carrot salad infused with citrus, rice, and if I can't recall if there were mashed potatoes. This was cooked to perfection and I would easily pay $30 in Toronto for this entree and get worse. Dessert was a pana cotta (chocolate, coconut crust) with chocolate chips drizzled with mango-pineapple coulis. Everyone at my table loved it and agreed the entires meal was worth the $20.

In the morning, it was Elisa again in the kitchen and checking us out.

We had a vehicle so it was only a 10 min drive to the airport. The highlight of the hotel was that it felt like a hotel (of all the lodges and B&Bs we stayed at for almost the same price) with the beautifully furnished rooms, lobby, and dining area. The atmosphere was casual with lobby music in the background. It was a safe and secure location with a security guard at the parking gates.

If you stay here I recommend getting dinner!

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank geeceevan
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

First thing I thought was beatiful, couldnt believe how much I had paid. It was a ways from the airport so the price increased but was still a steal. The lady working the front desk was very nice and helpful. There is a nice pool ( didn't try it) surrounded by beach chairs and old fashion outdoor beds for enjoying the weather. The rooms are very nice aswell. Mine was on the 1st floor, it had a king size bed aswell as a single. There is a big window in front of the bed which is and one thing they had that most hotels don't is curtains that actually covered the windows, so it was easy to sleep in. The hotel opens up to a nice view of the beatiful mountains surrounding the area. I'm tired of writing so I will end with amazing hotel would recommend to anyone, I will probably send my parents there when they return to costa rica because I know they will.

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank Andre G
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Three of us stayed in this hotel for two nights (at the beginning and at the end of a 15 day tour of Costa Rica in January 2013). The room was large, with three beds, and was very comfortable and clean. Elizabeth, the proprietor, was very helpful. The hotel has no elevator and our room was on the second floor. However, it was not a problem since she and her assistant rapidly took care of the heavy bags. Each time we checked in we were asked if we wanted dinner at the hotel. Food was purchased fresh. So, they had to know a couple of hours in advance. In both cases we had dinner there and both times were glad that we did: the meal was delicious and very attentively served. Breakfast was comprehensive and also very well prepared and served. The weather was quite windy and on the cool side. The room was equipped with plenty of open window space for ventilation. We slept well and very much enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Room 8 was ideal for three people.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family