“I love this place a hidden treasure in Costa Rica”

Ringle Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 5 Santa Ana B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I could not believe the first time I saw Ringle Resort, it was like an oasis. The grounds and the rooms are exquisite, nothing you would expect in SAn Jose Costa Rica. The staff are wonderful and attentive, the owner makes every effort to greet me when I am there and chat a few minutes, even turns down the bed if I arrive when he is available. Very involved owner which always makes for a good property. I like the restaurant they provide a nice meal, which I enjoy not having to leave the site once I arrive. The views are spectacular in the day, but especially at night. I will return there time and time again as I frequent the area.

Room Tip: every room has its own charm, I have stayed in serveral
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TTison
RodneyRingleResort, Public Relations Manager at Ringle Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for the warm and sincere review of your recent experience here at Ringle Resort. We certainly agree with your comments, as the owner of the property, Mr. RIngle, is very involved in the daily operations. He is very attentive and accommodating, and will go through any lengths to please his guests, making for a great resort where you know you will be treated with the utmost class, service, and hospitality. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Ringle Resort Hotel & Spa

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Directly off the main drag (John F Kennedy is the name on a GPS but no one else refers to it as this) and directly across from the wildlife refuge, Ringle Resort was spectacular.

It was recommended by friends, and the brochure truly understated the beauty and tranquility of the rooms and property. An unbelievable value for the money and level of exclusion, the interior throughout the resort and lobby were decorated with ornate and well appointed furnishings- hand carved doors, hardwood flooring, marble and tiled showers and sinks, dark leather couches and crown molding; none of what you would expect from a hotel only 15 minutes from Cima Hospital.

Additionally the level of service was by far better than any other place I have stayed throughout Costa Rica- in fact, Mr. Ringle drove from the hotel to find us when we git lost and couldn't find the Resort, something that would never happen elsewhere. We will definitely be staying here and only here when we come to San Jose.

Room Tip: Get one of the two suites if available- they were only a few dollars more then the standard rooms (w...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sethnc2009
RodneyRingleResort, Public Relations Manager at Ringle Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

We always preach how we provide the best service in the industry because it’s true. The owner, Mr. Ringle, will quite literally go through any length to please his customers. Not only did he leave the property to go out and find you - as in your case; but has also lent his car to customers, taken customers to dinner, taken customers to the bank or any other place they needed to visit for any urgent reason at the time. Mr. Ringle leads by example, which has inspired the entire staff to deliver the same level of service. In addition, the property and grounds are absolutely stunning and spectacular, making Ringle Resort the obvious choice on where to stay when visiting Costa Rica.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I settled on this location because of its layout and what seemed to be picturesque views. I wanted a place my girlfriend and I could quietly sit and enjoy ourselves. The views at all times of day are beautiful. They have done a fantastic job with the plants and decoration of the property. We were there in the off season so it was nice and quite. In the evenings we sat and enjoyed the night views from a little higher vantage point. All around this was a very pleasant and refreshing visit. We stayed in one of the small but very nice rooms. It had quality wood furniture and comfortable mattress. the bathroom was nicely done as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

The quality of service we provide to our customers is unrivaled by any of our competitors, yet equally impressive is the views from our property, as you overlook the entire San Jose valley. We love to hear how much you enjoyed your nights, sitting at a great vantage point enjoying gorgeous views and a nice beverage of your choice. Seeing as it’s the thunderstorm season, there’s nothing quite as relaxing as sitting on the front porch enjoying a cup of coffee, listening to the rain, with a great view of the city. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and please come visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Absolutely Amazing place, location with high quality service. All the crews from Ringle Resort and Mr. Ringle are super friendly. Views are beautiful and a very safe place. I thank Mr. Ringle who has made me and my friends feel at home and enjoy every bits of our stay there.
I would definitely recommend Ringles Resort for anybody with every purpose. It is super close from the Multi Plaza too. you can take taxi to Ringles from Multi plaza for 2000colones :-)

Room Tip: I stayed in La casita with 3 of my friends. Ringle Resort is a very quite place to relax in the fir...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
RodneyRingleResort, Public Relations Manager at Ringle Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing your opinion of Ringle Resort with fellow travelers. As always, customer service remains our main focus and number one priority. Due to the limited number of rooms on our property, we are able to focus on getting to know all our customers and truly making them feel at home. Furthermore, when we realize we have multiple visitors traveling solo, we'll even take the time to try and introduce our guests to each other if they agree to the idea. Lastly, we are only minutes from Costa Rica's best mall; The Multiplaza, satisfying any shopping needs if they arise while staying with us. Thank you once more for staying with us and we hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

When I say that The Ringle Resort Hotel is the best hotel in Costa Rica, I am not in any way inflating the truth. It is without a doubt in a league all its own.
From the time we arrived until the time we had to say goodbye, we were treated as family. They go way beyond what they have to in order to make your stay a memorable and fun experience.
For the money, what you receive at this marvelous place, cannot be compared to any other place within the country. These prices can't and will not last forever.
My wife Iris and I (Jack) can't wait until we return once again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
RodneyRingleResort, Public Relations Manager at Ringle Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Being in the hospitality business I have had the pleasure of meeting my different people from all over the world. Some people only have time for a polite hello given their stay is so short. Other people stay for a week or more, and you can get to know them better. I believe the real reward of being in the hospitality business is the interaction between our guests and our team at Ringle Resort. Occasionally when guests leave our property we feel a emptiness because of their departure. It leaves us with both a sad and a good feeling, knowing our lives were enriched by our guests stay with us. Thank you for your comments and I want you to know your thoughts are shared by all of use at Ringle Resort and particularly myself, Ed Ringle.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I love, love, love this hotel, by far my favourite in Costa Rica and this was the second time I have stayed here now and they gave us an incredible suite. Amazing attention, incredible restaurant, beautiful, big pool, great views, jacuzzi in the huge bathroom, comfortable bed, wonderful staff. Just absolutely love it and will always stay here when I come to San Jose.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
RodneyRingleResort, Public Relations Manager at Ringle Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm. Even as the slow season sets upon us in Costa Rica we have been kept very busy with incoming reservations. We understand the greatest driving force in building a successful hotel business is outstanding customer service; a skill we strive to meet and surpass. We are so very blessed to have amazing customers like yourself. Thank you again for staying at Ringle Resort and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were 2 adults and 2 teenage boys staying here on our last night in CR. The Family suite was enormous with 3 flat-screen TVs in total and a hug bathroom. We arrived early afternoon for only 1 night but still had plenty of time to relax and enjoy the facilities. This really is a "good value" hotel with lots of attention to detail. Service was superb and the suite was smart, well equipped and sumptuous. Gorgeous view across San Jose in the evening. We ate in the restaurant and had a really "special" last-night meal. The pool was lovely and we enjoyed a morning relaxing there. There is a spa for massage etc which we would have enjoyed had we stayed longer. The included breakfast was delicious.
Journey to the airport was about 25 mins (lots of traffic) and about $40 for 4 of us

Room Tip: Family Suite is worth having children for!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
RodneyRingleResort, Public Relations Manager at Ringle Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a welcoming review. Since we’re still a relatively new establishment we are working hard to build the best reputation. Hence, we have kept our room prices under market value to attract more customers. We realize once people see our property, and stay in our rooms, the value speaks for itself. The family suite is the ideal suite for any traveling family, and we are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed yourself. Thank you for staying with us and please come visit us again soon. Cheers!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
Hotel Villa Los Candiles
#8 of 8 in Santa Ana
Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Apartotel La Sabana
Apartotel La Sabana
#3 of 77 in San Jose

Been to Ringle Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!