Aloft San Jose Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Studio Hotel(Santa Ana)
View Hotel
Apartotel Obelisco(San Antonio De Belen)
Hotel Luisiana(Santa Ana)
View Hotel
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose(San Antonio De Belen)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbusiness parksan josecosta ricamall across the streetspg pointsfree laundrylobby barclose to the airportbusiness districtbusiness travelerbusy roadmodern designbusiness tripsjo airportbreakfast buffetrestaurants and shopscomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

In Feb2013 I stayed for 1 night at the Aloft hotel in San Jose. I'm a SPG platinum member that usually have over 30 stays per year. The hotel is new and very trendy typical aloft hotel. It's located close to airport ($27 taxi ride) and in the middle of a business complex. Is not close to The center of SanJose. The staff is very helpful and open to help but not aware of the SPG loyalty system. I was not offered free breakfast as part of my platinum perks even do I asked a couple of times. No problem with it because there's a McDonald right in front of the hotel and you can eat for a few $$.
On my way back to San Jose I didn't stayed at the Aloft since I found a better rate closer to the airport at Hampton Inn (free breakfast and shuttle to airport).

• Stayed: February 2013
Paul D, General Manager at Aloft San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Gemsinvestments,
I am glad you enjoyed the Aloft and that our staff was helpfull. I am sorry about the non recognition as our platinum preffered guest. We do offer full american breakfast and have reinforced this issue with our front desk talents to offer as an option in case the guest does not chose the SPG points as a reward for their stay with us. Hope to welcome you again as one of our most loyal guests in the near future.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I want to compliment your staff, Especially "Liset" she was extremely helpful and it was such a pleasure that her english was Great! I also would like to thank Gina and Olgei for their friendliness too! By the way, this is the lady that wanted american money for american money???? To better help you I was with the four ladies. Thank you all for being very accommodating. We were very suprised that the hotel didn't have a pool.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Paul D, General Manager at Aloft San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Hi there Janine S,

I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations with Starwoods Aloft brand now in Central America, especially as our talents made all the difference to you. Sorry about the pool! Hope to see you again when in Costa Rica,

Reviewed March 4, 2013

For what you will be paying you can find significantly better hotels. This hotel was a big disappointment. The carpet in the room was disgusting and they did not offer slippers. The pillows are not very comfortable. The breakfast buffet offers incredibly few options and everything is offered on plastic and papers cups. They don't have room service and the food offered at the bar is mediocre and very limited. The staff was nice but very unprofessional. I felt like I was staying at a hostel run by students.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Maria Alejandra C

Hi Maria lejandra C.,

We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations in San Jose. As a selected service brand of Starwoods portfolio we have been adapting to our guest local needs. We do have a full american breakfast available in our Alofts in Central & Latin America different form Alofts in North America. As of June the hotel will be adapting and having a full service restaurant to better attend our clients food and beverage demands, now we offer hot sandwiches, salads and wraps for lunch aswell as a more extensive menu with 3 main dishes on a daily basis at the wxyz bar and lounge from 5pm to 11pm. We do hope that we can generate the sassy savvy experience aloft hotels world wide create when you return to San Jose during your next trip, and we appologize for teh inconveniences caused during this stay.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is brand spanking new the staff was Awesome the Hotel is in the Business District in Santa Ana Lindora the down side there in NO POOL.....I will only return if a pool is built....but if you are in the area and are looking for a 1 or 2 night stay I recommend this Hotel....

Room Tip: There is no Pool or Restaurant at this Hotel....
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul D, General Manager at Aloft San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Hi there,
Thanks for your great coments. Unfortunately we do not have a pool and the project does not contemplate one within the actual site at the moment.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

The aloft was clean and everyone was friendly. They all were very nice to my son and helped him practice Spanish. Very affordable and is what you would expect if you have been to the alofts before. We choose this because knew what we would get upon arrival and the price was good. It is a little out of the way and it would be great if it had a pool. :)
Would stay again!

• Stayed: February 2013
Paul D, General Manager at Aloft San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Hi There!
We are so pleased to have reached your full expectations at the aloft san jose and hope to have you with us in the near future. Style at a Steal is what we cater for and we are glad ous sassy savvy experience reached your expectations.

Paul DOwney