“Fresh and tasty...”

Dining options: Reservations
Santa Ana, Costa Rica
“Fresh and tasty...”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Products of the SEA... or Product C is a family owned restaurant/fish house with extremely fresh fish. My lady had a fish and I had the clams...Both were perfect. Not your tipico restaurant, the owners are from the Pacific NW of the US.. The prices are not inexpensive and the portions are not large... but to me the portion size was an improvement over what many restaurants give you and you cannot eat it all. I was full, but not stuffed...

You can eat inside or out but the view outside is of a very busy street.. The inside is totally clean and without any aroma of the fish in the displays or the langusto in the tanks..

I will return, on occasions.. Not a just go out and get something to eat place.. it is special.

• Visited November 2012

Boston
“Product C Review”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This place is like the Legal Seafoods of Costa Rica. They have a great selection of seafoods and they do a lot to promote sustainability. I've eaten there a bunch of times and one time the fish in the fish and chips was not as fresh as we expected or compared to other times so they loose a few points there. Other than that we've always had very fresh fish and great ceviche.

Visited September 2012
San Diego, California
“Went back, food is still wonderful”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My first visit was in May 2012 and I complained about the service. This trip, the hubby and I were looking for good seafood and I knew just where to go, regardless. The food is still fantastic. The fish is very fresh and the presentation is very, very good. I had a special dish made, which was a Robalo with sauted jumbo shrimp on top, served on a bed of julienne vegetables. Yum! The wait staff was very attentive, in spite of some very rude and demanding businessmen at the next table - so the restaurant redeemed itself in my eyes. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for great seafood prepared in a most appealing way!

• Visited October 2012
Playa Grande, Costa Rica
“Must visit! A friend recommended it and glad we went!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Convenient location in Santa Ana, the vibe was friendly and professional from the moment we arrived. Our waiter Cesar was efficient, courteous and knowledgable. We had oysters (never eaten oysters in CR before) and they were tasty albeit nothing like Sydney Rock Oysters that I am used to! We also had the tuna burger and the smoked trout gratin... A couple of margaritas were delightful... The placemat settings are quirky and entertaining, the owner's sustainability philosophy shines through and it is an enjoyable experience. Highly recommend it.

San Diego, California
“Great Food, Service not so much”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The food is wonderful, with many creative dishes and wonderful, beautiful presentation. We were there for a late lunch and the place was not very crowded. The wait staff paid much attention to the few tables that were Tico businessmen, but we had to struggle to get their attention (two middle-aged gringas - one hispanic and one not). Still, I would go back because of the food. I would love to try the oysters. They were out of stock the day we were there. Might also try our luck with their new Escazu location, but this one is so close to our favorite hotel (the Luisiana, who's restaurant is pretty abyssmal). Price is on the high end but not overly so.

• Visited May 2012